thought of the recent thread we had on these locks folks - mainly tourists lock on bridges then as a sign of forever love throw the keys into the Seine!
Appears some locals are making money selling locks!
Interesting in how Paris cleans the locks off - I thought they would blast them off but it says they remove the whole bridge panel and put up a new one - locks gone in one fell swoop though at a certain expense.
NY Times Article on those Love Locks on Parisian Bridges...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for European Holiday with Young Children
- 2 caroline_venezia
- 3 Best car/shuttle service from Paris to CDG
- 4 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 5 Storytellers in Iceland
- 6 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 7 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 8 2 Weeks in Germany in December
- 9 Stay in Chablis or Auxerre?
- 10 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 11 Berlin
- 12 Italy trip questions
- 13 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 14 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 15 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 16 Taormina to Palermo
- 17 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 18 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 19 history museums or locations
- 20 Budget family trip to Europe
- 21 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 22 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 23 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 24 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 25 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier