thought of the recent thread we had on these locks folks - mainly tourists lock on bridges then as a sign of forever love throw the keys into the Seine!
Appears some locals are making money selling locks!
Interesting in how Paris cleans the locks off - I thought they would blast them off but it says they remove the whole bridge panel and put up a new one - locks gone in one fell swoop though at a certain expense.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 2 Help on ancient history route
- 3 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 4 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 5 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 8 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 9 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 10 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 11 French language immersion schools in France
- 12 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 13 Studying art in English in venice
- 14 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 15 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 16 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 17 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 18 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 19 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 20 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 21 Trogir or Split
- 22 Edinbrugh
- 23 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
NY Times Article on those Love Locks on Parisian Bridges...