We are going to be touring Germany on our own via car in September and wanted to get advice on the following: when we leave Munich, is there more to see/do if we head north to Nuremburg, then west to Rothenburg and up the Romantische Strasse, OR head west from Munich to Augsburg, Ulm, and then up the Romantishce Strasse to Rothenburg, on our way back to Frankfurt for the flight home? In other words, is Nuremburg and area better than the Ulm, Augsburg areas, or vice versa? Which has more to see/do? Because of the importance of Nuremburg in the rise/fall of the Reich, I'm "leaning" in that direction. Thanks, Tom
Nuremburg or Augsburg/Ulm?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip around Spain
- 2 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 3 Venice in Jan
- 4 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 5 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 6 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 7 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 8 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 9 One more last question on Bayeux
- 10 Euro Train
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 How early to get to CDG
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 When to visit Provence updated info
- 15 Berlin
- 16 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 17 Three for the road
- 18 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 19 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 20 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 21 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 22 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 23 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 24 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 25 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?