We are going to be touring Germany on our own via car in September and wanted to get advice on the following: when we leave Munich, is there more to see/do if we head north to Nuremburg, then west to Rothenburg and up the Romantische Strasse, OR head west from Munich to Augsburg, Ulm, and then up the Romantishce Strasse to Rothenburg, on our way back to Frankfurt for the flight home? In other words, is Nuremburg and area better than the Ulm, Augsburg areas, or vice versa? Which has more to see/do? Because of the importance of Nuremburg in the rise/fall of the Reich, I'm "leaning" in that direction. Thanks, Tom
Nuremburg or Augsburg/Ulm?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 german rail ticket question
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 4 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 5 Fashion for larger man?
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 8 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 11 Three days in Spain
- 12 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 13 1 week in Croatia
- 14 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 15 Trip to Iceland
- 16 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 17 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 18 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 19 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 20 Fjords, How To?
- 21 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 22 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 23 London neighborhood suggestions
- 24 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 25 Eating in France-two new books