Due to unavoidable circumstances our trip to Prague and Munich was called off last May.
This May we will be travelling to Prague and will be there for 5 nights.
Currently we are booked on EK for flying into Prague and flying out of Munich.
We have been to Munich earlier and have seen most of the attractions but would love to go again. This time we plan to do the Herrenchiemsee. Is it feasible to do Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich as a day trip as I love beer and my husband loves WWII history. What are the must visit sights in Nuremburg? Which brewery we must visit in Bamberg? We will be with 12 year and 11 year old kids. Are they allowed in breweries?
We love the hearty German meals. Which place do you recommend in Nuremburg and Bamberg as must eats?
Any other info is welcome. Currently we have planned to for 6 nights in Munich. We are okay with reducing the number of nights in Prague and Munich as we want to stay in Salzburg and visit Halstatt and the Schafbergbahn. I am sure the kids will love the mountain excursion. Which is the easiest way to get from Prague to Salzburg in case we decide to stay in Salzburg for some nights. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 2 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 3 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 4 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 5 French restaurants
- 6 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 7 Engadine Valley help
- 8 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 9 Tuscany 6 nights
- 10 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 11 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 12 Naples, Italy
- 13 Ireland travel passport question
- 14 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 15 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 16 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 17 Planning a European Trip
- 18 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 19 France & Italy, May or June
- 20 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 21 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 22 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 23 San Sebastian
- 24 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 25 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)