Due to unavoidable circumstances our trip to Prague and Munich was called off last May.
This May we will be travelling to Prague and will be there for 5 nights.
Currently we are booked on EK for flying into Prague and flying out of Munich.
We have been to Munich earlier and have seen most of the attractions but would love to go again. This time we plan to do the Herrenchiemsee. Is it feasible to do Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich as a day trip as I love beer and my husband loves WWII history. What are the must visit sights in Nuremburg? Which brewery we must visit in Bamberg? We will be with 12 year and 11 year old kids. Are they allowed in breweries?
We love the hearty German meals. Which place do you recommend in Nuremburg and Bamberg as must eats?
Any other info is welcome. Currently we have planned to for 6 nights in Munich. We are okay with reducing the number of nights in Prague and Munich as we want to stay in Salzburg and visit Halstatt and the Schafbergbahn. I am sure the kids will love the mountain excursion. Which is the easiest way to get from Prague to Salzburg in case we decide to stay in Salzburg for some nights. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 2 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 3 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 4 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 5 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 6 Sentimental Journey
- 7 A few last minute questions
- 8 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 9 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 10 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 11 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 12 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 13 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 14 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 15 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 16 Stay away from EF Tours
- 17 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 18 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 19 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 20 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 21 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 22 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 23 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 24 Antwerp Tram
- 25 Trip report European honeymoon