I am in the very early stages of planning a trip to Italy either next year or the year after in the peak season of summer to accommodate school schedules. We will be two adults and a teenager. We are thinking of 14 touring days and want to cover a huge area. I need help narrowing it down and having it make sense without exhausting ourselves in the process.This will be the first trip to Italy for all of us.
Idea is to fly into Venice and out of Rome. We want to cover Venice-Florence-Tuscany-Amalfi Coast-Rome-in that 14 day time frame. Is it too much to cover? Is it doable?
I know this question has been asked so many times but how many days is good for Venice?
Venice 2 or 3 nights?
Florence 2 nights
Tuscany--Siena? 2 nights
either train from Florence to Sorrento or Salerno or drive from Siena to Sorrento or Salerno--what do you recommend?
Sorrento or Salerno as base for Amalfi--3 or 4 nights?
Rome 4 or 5 nights--which do you recommend for a first time visit?
In Tuscany--would like to visit Lucca, Pisa, San Gimignano, Siena, Montepucliano. Can Lucca and Pisa both be done in one day? Should we skip one of these? Which one?
In Amalfi--want to visit Pompeii and Herculeneum, Ravello and Positano, maybe boat to Capri? Paestum? how many nights needed? Where is the better base?
I heard many negative reports about Venice--smells of the canal in summer, expensive, crowds, pigeons etc. However, the architecture looks stunning.
I appreciate your feedback as I go through this process
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 피망맞고 k y a 7 7 . c o m
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 4 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 7 Tracking the Weather
- 8 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 9 Where to eat in Rome?
- 10 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 11 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 12 Italy travel plan help
- 13 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 14 Thinking about the Fjords
- 15 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 18 Alsace to Austria?
- 19 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 20 Budapest language lessons
- 21 Tours in Wales
- 22 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 23 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 barcelona neighborhood