My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Novgorod and St. Petersburg Guides on Russian Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 2 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 3 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 4 Large rental villa in Provence for family reunion
- 5 Which Florence hotel?
- 6 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 7 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 8 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 9 Rocamaxour
- 10 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 11 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 12 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 13 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 14 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 15 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 16 Spain vacation help
- 17 BUGA 2015 (Floral festival in Brandenburg) transportation
- 18 April in Madrid
- 19 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 20 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 21 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 22 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?
- 23 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 24 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip