My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Novgorod and St. Petersburg Guides on Russian Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Venice really dirty?
- 2 I dream of Europe
- 3 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 4 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 5 Cotswold Churches
- 6 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 7 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 8 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 9 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 10 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 11 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 12 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 13 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 14 Vitamins and carry on's question
- 15 Weekend in Norfolk
- 16 Best beach town in Italy?
- 17 Burgundy in May
- 18 Athens at New Years
- 19 chrismas in rome
- 20 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 21 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 22 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 23 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 24 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 25 My notes on Greece 101