My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Novgorod and St. Petersburg Guides on Russian Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 2 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 3 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 4 plug adapters ITALY
- 5 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 6 Over 40,000 Photos Used To Create A Time-Lapse Video Of Paris
- 7 Paris in black and white
- 8 10 days to Explore Europe
- 9 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 10 How much luggage?????
- 11 Transfer Milan airport
- 12 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 13 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 14 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 15 Short trip to Venice, with (some oddball) tours
- 16 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 17 London for Free
- 18 Help with a French -> English translation, please
- 19 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 20 Day Trips from Nice
- 21 Help with France itinerary
- 22 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 23 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 24 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 25 Tour Iceland Safely On Line (Video + Stills)