My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 2 Paris Under Seige...
- 3 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 4 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 5 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 6 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 7 Beaches via Public Transportation
- 8 Turkey Gulet Cruises
- 9 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 10 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 11 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 12 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 13 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 14 Glowing epidermis– Some women have stated
- 15 6 days in Portugal in December
- 16 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 17 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 18 What one thing in Paris?
- 19 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 20 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 21 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 22 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 23 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 25 Northern Italy - where to go?