My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Novgorod and St. Petersburg Guides on Russian Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 2 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 3 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 4 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 5 Air pollution in Paris
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 8 Nice or Marseille??
- 9 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 10 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 11 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 12 Dresden or Leipzig
- 13 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 14 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 15 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 16 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 17 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 18 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 19 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 20 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 21 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 22 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 23 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 24 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 25 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)