My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Novgorod and St. Petersburg Guides on Russian Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 2 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 3 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 4 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 5 I'm in a funk
- 6 Shuttle Bus in Madrid
- 7 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 8 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 9 Mama Mia Italy!
- 10 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 11 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 12 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 13 Bike touring in France
- 14 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 15 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 16 Germany Visa for conference
- 17 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 18 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 19 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 20 travel to western Europe from India
- 21 I went to Paris in June
- 22 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 23 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 24 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 25 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady