My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 2 Itenerary Opinion
- 3 Shoppingin Spain
- 4 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 5 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 6 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 7 Ecstacy of St. Teresa Under Renovation?
- 8 London-Paris solo trip
- 9 Where to stay around Munich
- 10 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 11 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 12 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 13 Eiffel-tower-shut-staff-walk-
- 14 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 15 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 16 Daytrip Ideas from Assisi (leaving this Saturday)
- 17 Northern Spain
- 18 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 19 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 20 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 21 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 22 French Prem Train Fares
- 23 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 24 Dublin to Dingle?
- 25 To Hampton Court Palace