My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 2 Is 2hr25m layover enough to collect and recheck baggage?
- 3 Italy trains question
- 4 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 5 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 6 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 7 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 8 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 9 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 10 Iceland in July
- 11 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 12 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 13 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 14 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 15 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 16 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 17 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 18 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 19 Le Marche, Italy
- 20 Seville Itinerary
- 21 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 22 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 23 La Cite du Vin, has anyone visited ?
- 24 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 25 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday