My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG airport
- 2 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 5 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 6 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 7 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 8 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 9 14 nights in Europe
- 10 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 11 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 12 Portugal itinerary help
- 13 Munich
- 14 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 15 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 16 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 17 What type of visa is right for me?
- 18 Malaga Hotels - which one should I choose?
- 19 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 20 First time in France
- 21 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 22 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 23 Budapest Hotels
- 24 4 days in switzerland
- 25 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)