My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Novgorod and St. Petersburg Guides on Russian Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to rent a car in Barcelona
- 2 Luggage sizing
- 3 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 4 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 5 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 6 Moving to Belfast
- 7 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 8 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 9 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 10 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 11 3-Star Hotels in Roma Centro Storico
- 12 Quick Trip Report - MALTA/FRANKFURT
- 13 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 14 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 15 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 16 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 17 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 18 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 19 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 20 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 21 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 22 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 23 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 24 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 25 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?