My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The development of certain types of primary brain tumors or brain cancers
- 2 Travel in England and Scotland
- 3 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 4 Vicking Legend - Danube waltz cruise
- 5 Fall 2016 England andScotland
- 6 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 7 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 8 Champagne Houses open in December - Reims
- 9 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 10 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 11 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 12 Texans Take a Tour
- 13 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old
- 14 Japan or Italy next spring
- 15 English countryside help (Cotswolds and Bath?)
- 16 Bahn.de rail travel in Germany
- 17 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 18 Night at MSM or Honfleur?
- 19 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 20 Triple Occupancy room Amalfi Coast
- 21 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 22 Groupon Tours
- 23 short trip klon to koblenz
- 24 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 25 Looking for architecture, paintings, castles, etc