My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 2 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 3 2 weeks Europe trip
- 4 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 5 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 6 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 7 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 8 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 9 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 10 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 11 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 12 mountain views near London
- 13 12 days in and out of Barcelona-where to go?
- 14 Cordoba Overnight?
- 15 Seville, Cordoba, Ronda, Granada Trip Report
- 16 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 17 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 18 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 19 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 20 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 22 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 23 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 24 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 25 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt