My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train/Subway Questions
- 2 Any Glasgow Experts?
- 3 too many London hotels!
- 4 Where in Costa del Sol ?
- 5 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 6 Parking in Hallstadt, Dachstein and Linz?
- 7 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 8 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 9 Dachstein - Salzkammergut Visit
- 10 Itinerary Barcelona & Southern France 9/23-10/14/15
- 11 No cars/taxis in Paris...at all....9/27
- 12 Cloest Rome train station to FCO
- 13 Travel Time from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord Station?
- 14 Sorrento or Positano
- 15 Suggestions on traveling from Palermo, Sicily to Munich, Germany
- 16 France -2 weeks Itinerary critique
- 17 Road Trip: Munich, Germany to Northern Italy
- 18 Need good fondue in Lucerne
- 19 Greece, Italy Or Swiss in Late Oct ??
- 20 British Airways hand luggage - how strict are they on measurements?
- 21 Our Next Europe Trip
- 22 8 days in southern Italy - best way to visit Pompeii and Naples
- 23 South Florida, Transatlantic cruise, Berlin, Gorlitz and Dresden and Poland
- 24 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 25 Great Hotels in Prague and Vienna?