My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Novgorod and St. Petersburg Guides on Russian Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10-Hr Auto Tour o Lisbon,Portugal
- 2 Tipping in the UK
- 3 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 4 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 5 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 6 at what point should one get health insurance
- 7 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 8 Lucerne Switzerland
- 9 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 10 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 11 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 12 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 13 How many pairs of shoes would you bring for a EuroTrip?
- 14 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 15 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 16 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 17 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 18 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 19 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 20 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 21 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 22 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 23 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 24 Solo grad trip in Europe, 24 days in November! Critique appreciated.
- 25 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years