My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 4 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 5 Spain - day driver advice
- 6 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 7 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 8 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 9 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 10 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 11 London with Teens Trip Report
- 12 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 13 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 14 Lake Como AREA questions
- 15 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 18 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 19 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 20 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 21 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 24 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 25 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?