My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - airport, cruise ship terminal, hotel, & airport taxi question
- 2 London 2-for-1: Using an "unused" Train Ticket
- 3 Is this a good hotel and loaction in Paris?
- 4 A week in Le Marche
- 5 Brussels Restaurants
- 6 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 7 Day Trips or Open Jaw Munich,Vienna,Budapest?
- 8 Help - Paris or Rome in December?
- 9 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 10 5 Nights in the Midlands
- 11 Paris and Corsica- hopefully a trip report!
- 12 Which Italy / London routing do you recommend?
- 13 Trip report-London, France, Belguim
- 14 A/C in Basel
- 15 Why Are We NOT Packed Yet? Munich, Verona, Stresa, Edinburgh, and London
- 16 Where to stay in Northern Ireland and should we try to see Cliffs of Moher?
- 17 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 18 My summer in Paris
- 19 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 20 Ireland or Scotland
- 21 Our first trip to Europe
- 22 Is traveling to 10 countries in Europe in 50 days a good idea?
- 23 2 Week Trip to Central/Eastern Europe
- 24 Stay away from EF Tours
- 25 Need help planning a 20 day trip