My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Novgorod and St. Petersburg Guides on Russian Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel or bed and breakfast in Venice
- 2 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 3 euro quiz # 69 - All About Parks...
- 4 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?
- 5 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 6 scotland trave;
- 7 Paris Street Market Selling Soaps from Provence
- 8 Towns between Dingle and Doolin, Ireland or North of Galway
- 9 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 10 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 11 Best way to travel Barcelona-Greece
- 12 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 13 Apartment services for Barcelona and Pamplona
- 14 Use of pre-booked non-PREMS tickets on French trains
- 15 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 16 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 17 Hotel Belvedere Bellagio or Royal Victoria in Lake Como for May trip
- 18 Planning a trip to England and Paris at Christmas Break
- 19 1 week in Ireland Starting in Dublin
- 20 Where to stay in London
- 21 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 22 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 23 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 24 If you had a do-over @ Hampton Court Palace..
- 25 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?