My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Novgorod and St. Petersburg Guides on Russian Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 2 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 3 Hotel in Venice
- 4 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 7 Day trip from London to Paris
- 8 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 9 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 10 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 11 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 12 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 13 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 14 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?
- 15 A Winter Wander – Engadine and Berner Oberland
- 16 Calling Jamikins
- 17 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 18 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 19 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 20 Zurich, Switzerland
- 21 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 22 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 23 London tube
- 24 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 25 5am arrival in Dublin