My husband and I will be in St. Petersburg and Novgorod in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good day-guides. We are interested in:
1) a guide for one day in St. Petersburg to show us around where we generally may need assistance getting places, negotiating rides/tickets, etc.... for visits to places that are just better with help and a knowledgeable voice (Pushkin, etc?.). (Side note - we are experienced travelers in our low 30s... do we even need a guide?? We do not speak Russian...)
2) a guide and driver to take us from St. Petersburg in the morning, drive us to Novgorod, show us some highlights by day (store luggage in the car?? Is this safe?) and help get us on a train to Moscow late afternoon. I know this is a lot to pack into one day, but we don't have a whole overnight to spare in Novgorod and can't bear not to see it at all. Trying to sneak in a brief visit to the highlights rather than missing it completely. Planning a quick trip, and all those logistics, by ourselves feels overwhelming with notable room for error...
Does anyone have any great guide recommendations, or day-trip tour companies, that we could reach out to? Advice or recommendations would be great...
So many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 2 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 3 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 4 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 5 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 6 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 7 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 8 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 9 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 10 Short Trip in July
- 11 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 12 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 13 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 14 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 15 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 16 Cell Phone Question
- 17 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 18 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 19 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 20 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 21 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 22 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 23 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 24 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 25 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)