We are making progress on our November trip to Extremadura and Western Andalucia and would just like to hear from those of you who can help us make the most of our travels. I have written Maribel already and am anxiously awaiting her feedback but would love to hear from other seasoned Spain travellers like Pedro, Graziella, Olga and Maira and others who are always so helpful (I hope I am not leaving anyone out!).
Tentative itinerary for a 2 week visit is as follows:
Fly into Madrid and visit friends for either a few days at the beginning or end of our travels outside of Madrid.
Depart Madrid for the Sierra de Gredos and spend 2 nights in the parador at Jarandilla de la Vera. Day trips to Yuste and in the Sierra if weather permits.
Depart Jarandilla and spend 2 nights in parador in Caceres. Daytrips to Trujillo and Gaudalupe and environs.
Depart Caceres and spend 2 nights in Zafra parador including one full day in Merida at the Roman ruins. Explore environs including Jerez de los Caballeros, and Aracena.
Depart Zafra and spend 2 nights in a location convenient to explore the Donana Park. Also stop and visit El Rocio. Would anybody recommend lodging or is the parador at Mazagon a reasonable base for this area?
Have heard that Huelva is very ugly.
Travel to the sherry triangle and spend 2 nights in either Cadiz, Sanlucar de Barrameda or Jerez de la Frontera to tour bodegas and see Costa de la Luz and environs south of Cadiz. Suggestions for lodging?
Spend 2 nights in Sevilla. My husband and I have visited Sevilla in the last few years and this will be a lovely repeat viit for us and a new experience for our travelling companions, my mom and sister.
Return to Madrid on the AVE and Barajas airport to home.
Looking forward to hearing from all you experienced Extremadura travellers for all the best in sightseeing, lodging, restaurants and anything else in this area of beautiful Spain!
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milos beach stay
- 2 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 3 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 4 Need advice. To Drive or not in Poland
- 5 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 6 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 7 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 8 One day around Lake Brienz
- 9 Bayeux Restaurants
- 10 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 11 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 12 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 13 Best Viking Sites
- 14 Language to use in Belgium
- 15 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 16 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 17 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 18 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 19 Car Hire Bologna
- 20 Sherry Triangle--Where to Stay
- 21 San Sebastian Beaches
- 22 Skiathos 2017
- 23 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 24 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 25 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas