Dear Friendly Frequent Travellers,
I read complaints about Nova Car Hire were expressed by two Fodors members on a forum regarding car rentals in Italy, and I was startled by the callous reactions of several fellow members. The unfriendly and unsupportive attitudes of a few were quite surprising. Most shockingly, one member even described those who complained as being "lazy." In other words, he blamed the victims. Three or four on the forum seemed to gang up on the two who complained and were more concerned about splitting hairs and lawyering words, such as the spelling of company names. It would have been more helpful had they addressed three relevant issues abou Nova that I garned below.
1) Nova appears to quote lower prices, make reservations based on such and charge money, but their partners ocassonially do not honor these commitments. Though Nova is only acting as a broker for car rental companies, it is at least partially responsible for ensuring that the customer has his or her reservation honored by its partners because they charged for their services.
In some instances I have read here and on other websites, their fees increased by several hundred dollars because supposedly only a more expensive car was available. This practice is commonly known as the "bait and switch" as a Fodors member described. Using simple logic, whether or not they are the ones responsible for physically providing rental cars is immaterial. They would profit as a result of this deceptive practice, which would be particularly stressful for anyone who just arrived at an airport after flying thousands of miles.
2) Nova Care Hire seems to be unhelpful and unresponsive after their customers expressed complaints about their practices or their partners.
3), While Nova appears to have stellar service in many places, they seem to have trouble with customer service in countries such as Italy.
It is not empirical, but I found several links merely by Goggling that support the notion that Nova could do better with customer service in regards to the three points above. I leave it up to you to make up your minds. Best of luck in all your travels!!!
Most comprehensive review of Nova: http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews78127.html
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NORTON@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 3 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 4 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 5 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 6 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 7 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 8 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 9 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 10 Maximizing Norway time
- 11 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 12 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 13 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 14 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 15 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 16 Hiking in Switzerland
- 17 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 18 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 19 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 20 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 21 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 22 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 23 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
Dear Friendly Frequent Travellers,