My wife and I just booked flights for a last minute Euro trip during thanksgiving. This is what we have so far:
DFW -CDG-FCO 22nd Afternoon
VCE-CDG 29th Noon
We plan on staying in Rome for 2 nights, get a rental early 24th and drive to Venice over 4 nights. On the way there, we hope to stop along the eastern coast, turning back to Florence, then to Pisa, up to Trento area then down to Venice. All in an S pattern.
A sample of our current plan:
It does seem too much over 4 days. I think we will need to trim it down. Must sees would include Florence/Tuscany, La Spezia(along with the towns along the cliff/coast), Parts of northern italy yet to be determined(wife's grand parents are from there, will need to visit area once determined where exactly, assuming Trento/Verona region.
Since this is pretty much Fall/Winter season, and we are looking for a scenic country drive, any suggestions for must see cities/towns or more importantly drives(particular roads, paths etc?). Please do keep in mind the weather.
This trip is totally flexible with the exception of time. Please let us know any of your experiences, suggestions and comments. Thanks everyone!
Nov24-28: Rome to Venice by Car? Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway Haugesund and Bergen photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 2 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 3 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 4 flea markets in France
- 5 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 6 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 7 I need a haircut
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 10 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 11 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 12 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 13 Madrid apartments
- 14 London neighborhood suggestions
- 15 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 16 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 17 Timing a river cruise
- 18 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 19 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 20 We Need a Pact
- 21 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 22 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 23 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 24 Tipping in Greece
- 25 Honeymooning in Europe