My wife and I just booked flights for a last minute Euro trip during thanksgiving. This is what we have so far:
DFW -CDG-FCO 22nd Afternoon
VCE-CDG 29th Noon
We plan on staying in Rome for 2 nights, get a rental early 24th and drive to Venice over 4 nights. On the way there, we hope to stop along the eastern coast, turning back to Florence, then to Pisa, up to Trento area then down to Venice. All in an S pattern.
A sample of our current plan:
It does seem too much over 4 days. I think we will need to trim it down. Must sees would include Florence/Tuscany, La Spezia(along with the towns along the cliff/coast), Parts of northern italy yet to be determined(wife's grand parents are from there, will need to visit area once determined where exactly, assuming Trento/Verona region.
Since this is pretty much Fall/Winter season, and we are looking for a scenic country drive, any suggestions for must see cities/towns or more importantly drives(particular roads, paths etc?). Please do keep in mind the weather.
This trip is totally flexible with the exception of time. Please let us know any of your experiences, suggestions and comments. Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementoffers.org/white-light-smile/
- 2 Munich
- 3 First time in France
- 4 What type of visa is right for me?
- 5 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 6 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 7 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 8 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 9 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 10 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 11 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 12 Budapest Hotels
- 13 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 14 4 days in switzerland
- 15 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 16 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 17 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 18 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 19 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 20 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 21 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 22 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 23 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 24 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 25 Portugal itinerary help