My wife and I just booked flights for a last minute Euro trip during thanksgiving. This is what we have so far:
DFW -CDG-FCO 22nd Afternoon
VCE-CDG 29th Noon
We plan on staying in Rome for 2 nights, get a rental early 24th and drive to Venice over 4 nights. On the way there, we hope to stop along the eastern coast, turning back to Florence, then to Pisa, up to Trento area then down to Venice. All in an S pattern.
A sample of our current plan:
It does seem too much over 4 days. I think we will need to trim it down. Must sees would include Florence/Tuscany, La Spezia(along with the towns along the cliff/coast), Parts of northern italy yet to be determined(wife's grand parents are from there, will need to visit area once determined where exactly, assuming Trento/Verona region.
Since this is pretty much Fall/Winter season, and we are looking for a scenic country drive, any suggestions for must see cities/towns or more importantly drives(particular roads, paths etc?). Please do keep in mind the weather.
This trip is totally flexible with the exception of time. Please let us know any of your experiences, suggestions and comments. Thanks everyone!
Nov24-28: Rome to Venice by Car? Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 2 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 3 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 4 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 5 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 6 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 7 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 8 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 9 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 10 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 11 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 12 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 13 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 14 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 15 Toulouse and beyond -
- 16 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 17 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 18 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 19 Munich
- 20 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 21 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 22 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 23 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 24 Munich with a car?
- 25 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?