My wife and I just booked flights for a last minute Euro trip during thanksgiving. This is what we have so far:
DFW -CDG-FCO 22nd Afternoon
VCE-CDG 29th Noon
We plan on staying in Rome for 2 nights, get a rental early 24th and drive to Venice over 4 nights. On the way there, we hope to stop along the eastern coast, turning back to Florence, then to Pisa, up to Trento area then down to Venice. All in an S pattern.
A sample of our current plan:
It does seem too much over 4 days. I think we will need to trim it down. Must sees would include Florence/Tuscany, La Spezia(along with the towns along the cliff/coast), Parts of northern italy yet to be determined(wife's grand parents are from there, will need to visit area once determined where exactly, assuming Trento/Verona region.
Since this is pretty much Fall/Winter season, and we are looking for a scenic country drive, any suggestions for must see cities/towns or more importantly drives(particular roads, paths etc?). Please do keep in mind the weather.
This trip is totally flexible with the exception of time. Please let us know any of your experiences, suggestions and comments. Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 2 Norway Itinerary
- 3 train or plane
- 4 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 5 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 6 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 7 A Month stay in Southern France
- 8 restaurants in Marais district
- 9 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 10 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 11 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 12 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 13 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 14 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 15 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 16 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 17 Shoes in Scotland
- 18 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 19 Alsace for 5 days and 6 more days- where???
- 20 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 23 Sicily
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Two for One Days OUt