My wife and I just booked flights for a last minute Euro trip during thanksgiving. This is what we have so far:
DFW -CDG-FCO 22nd Afternoon
VCE-CDG 29th Noon
We plan on staying in Rome for 2 nights, get a rental early 24th and drive to Venice over 4 nights. On the way there, we hope to stop along the eastern coast, turning back to Florence, then to Pisa, up to Trento area then down to Venice. All in an S pattern.
A sample of our current plan:
It does seem too much over 4 days. I think we will need to trim it down. Must sees would include Florence/Tuscany, La Spezia(along with the towns along the cliff/coast), Parts of northern italy yet to be determined(wife's grand parents are from there, will need to visit area once determined where exactly, assuming Trento/Verona region.
Since this is pretty much Fall/Winter season, and we are looking for a scenic country drive, any suggestions for must see cities/towns or more importantly drives(particular roads, paths etc?). Please do keep in mind the weather.
This trip is totally flexible with the exception of time. Please let us know any of your experiences, suggestions and comments. Thanks everyone!
Nov24-28: Rome to Venice by Car? Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 2 7 Nights in Paris
- 3 Best hostels from experience
- 4 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 5 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 6 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 7 London neighborhood suggestions
- 8 Which other island would you pick for an Anniversary trip to Greece?
- 9 San Sebastian
- 10 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 11 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 12 Istanbul Itinerary
- 13 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 14 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 15 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 16 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 17 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 18 What London location & hotels are the best for ??
- 19 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 20 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 21 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 22 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 23 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 24 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 25 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)