My wife and I just booked flights for a last minute Euro trip during thanksgiving. This is what we have so far:
DFW -CDG-FCO 22nd Afternoon
VCE-CDG 29th Noon
We plan on staying in Rome for 2 nights, get a rental early 24th and drive to Venice over 4 nights. On the way there, we hope to stop along the eastern coast, turning back to Florence, then to Pisa, up to Trento area then down to Venice. All in an S pattern.
A sample of our current plan:
It does seem too much over 4 days. I think we will need to trim it down. Must sees would include Florence/Tuscany, La Spezia(along with the towns along the cliff/coast), Parts of northern italy yet to be determined(wife's grand parents are from there, will need to visit area once determined where exactly, assuming Trento/Verona region.
Since this is pretty much Fall/Winter season, and we are looking for a scenic country drive, any suggestions for must see cities/towns or more importantly drives(particular roads, paths etc?). Please do keep in mind the weather.
This trip is totally flexible with the exception of time. Please let us know any of your experiences, suggestions and comments. Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 2 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 3 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 4 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 5 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Italy in January?
- 8 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 9 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 10 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 11 Berlin to ?
- 12 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 13 tickets for Wimbledon
- 14 Renting a car in Greece
- 15 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 16 Piedmont question
- 17 Insurance on rental car options
- 18 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 19 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 20 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 21 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 22 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 23 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 24 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 25 Top Tapas Tascas