My daughter will be studying in Salamanca & Barcelona for 8 weeks this summer and I will be meeting her @ the end of her studies to travel through Spain. We only have 7 days not counting travel days @ end of July so I realize we cannot cover it all. I arrive in Madrid, and was contemplating going north by car: Madrid (1night) Salamanca (1 night) then drive to Leon, Asturias, Santander and San Sebastian (3 nights) then drive to La Rioja (1night) and then back to Madrid for last night.
Or I can go towards Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Cadiz and Ronda.
Am I trying to cover too much? Is driving thru the mountains treacherous in the midst of summer heat?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 4 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 5 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 8 2017 Easter in Italy
- 9 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 10 Towersey, London
- 11 Croatia transportation question.
- 12 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 13 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 14 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 15 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 16 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 17 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 18 Westerplatte
- 19 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 20 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 21 Cutback on Spain trip
- 22 Bernina Express mid-March
- 23 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 24 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 25 Biarritz family holiday