My daughter will be studying in Salamanca & Barcelona for 8 weeks this summer and I will be meeting her @ the end of her studies to travel through Spain. We only have 7 days not counting travel days @ end of July so I realize we cannot cover it all. I arrive in Madrid, and was contemplating going north by car: Madrid (1night) Salamanca (1 night) then drive to Leon, Asturias, Santander and San Sebastian (3 nights) then drive to La Rioja (1night) and then back to Madrid for last night.
Or I can go towards Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Cadiz and Ronda.
Am I trying to cover too much? Is driving thru the mountains treacherous in the midst of summer heat?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 2 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 3 Scotland in 7 Days
- 4 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 5 Need advice on our trip to Germany, Switzerland and Austria
- 6 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 7 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 8 Azores
- 9 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 10 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 11 Connection time in Athens?
- 12 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 13 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 14 Short Trip in July
- 15 Ludwig Castles
- 16 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 17 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 18 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 19 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 20 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 21 Escorted Tours
- 22 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 23 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 24 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing