My daughter will be studying in Salamanca & Barcelona for 8 weeks this summer and I will be meeting her @ the end of her studies to travel through Spain. We only have 7 days not counting travel days @ end of July so I realize we cannot cover it all. I arrive in Madrid, and was contemplating going north by car: Madrid (1night) Salamanca (1 night) then drive to Leon, Asturias, Santander and San Sebastian (3 nights) then drive to La Rioja (1night) and then back to Madrid for last night.
Or I can go towards Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Cadiz and Ronda.
Am I trying to cover too much? Is driving thru the mountains treacherous in the midst of summer heat?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 2 My final Prague itinerary
- 3 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 4 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 5 Positano or Sorrento?
- 6 Last minute trip to Capri
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 weekend from cologne germany
- 9 Globus Iberian Tour
- 10 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 11 Switzerland in September
- 12 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 13 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 14 13 nights in switzerland
- 15 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 16 Earthquake near Naples
- 17 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 18 London Theater
- 19 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 20 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 21 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 22 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 23 Munich itinerary review
- 24 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg