My daughter will be studying in Salamanca & Barcelona for 8 weeks this summer and I will be meeting her @ the end of her studies to travel through Spain. We only have 7 days not counting travel days @ end of July so I realize we cannot cover it all. I arrive in Madrid, and was contemplating going north by car: Madrid (1night) Salamanca (1 night) then drive to Leon, Asturias, Santander and San Sebastian (3 nights) then drive to La Rioja (1night) and then back to Madrid for last night.
Or I can go towards Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Cadiz and Ronda.
Am I trying to cover too much? Is driving thru the mountains treacherous in the midst of summer heat?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accountant in Slovenia
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 6 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 9 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 10 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 11 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 12 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 13 Italy June 6-16
- 14 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 15 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 16 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Help us with our new sharing economy business
- 19 Long weekend in Albania
- 20 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 21 car rental
- 22 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 23 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 24 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 25 Munich and....???