FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 5TH
Our departure date couldn't come sooner. It felt as if we had been planning this trip FOREVER! Well, we had, I suppose. It was last Fall we decided to go to Amsterdam, Bruges and Paris.
With travel dates established and flights booked, I began the task of finding accommodations. I secured an apartment in Paris first - same building where we stayed two years ago on Rue Galande, one floor higher in apartment Fleur de Lys.
The search for a room in Amsterdam was more challenging. Every hotel I checked showed no availability for our dates! We soon learned there is a huge international media convention held annually in the city and in 2013, there were 50,000 participants! Yikes! We considered changing our itinerary but in the end, we decided that the dates we chose and traveling from north to south worked best for us. When DH found availability at the Marriott for 440 euros (yikes, again!), I asked to have one more afternoon to look again. Fortunately, I found a wonderful B&B called Tulipa and it was only 225 euros! It's all relative, I guess!
In Bruges, I booked the lovely Cote Canal for the location and canal views. Not only that, there is a resident yellow Labrador retriever, Fidel. By the time we reach Bruges, DH & I will be missing our 9 year old lab so it will be nice to get our 'dog fix'.
With everything in place for our Fall trip, we could look forward to our busy travel year ahead: NYC in April, Sheridan Lake in B.C.'s Cariboo region in May and my ladies' trip to Calgary in June. Europe was nicely placed in September.
Here's our itinerary:
September 9 - 13: Amsterdam
September 14 - 17: Bruges
September 18 - 28: Paris
But now it is Friday and we are feeling a bit impatient for our departure day to come - only a few more days!
Let the grand adventure begin!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 www.adal.ml 아찔한달리기 당진오피 당진건마 당진휴게텔 당진마사지 당진키스방
- 2 길동오피 아달 www.adal.ml 길동건마 길동휴게텔 길동마사지 길동키스방
- 3 구의휴게텔 구의오피 아찔한 달리기 www.adal.ml 구의건마 구의마사지 구의키스방
- 4 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 5 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 6 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 7 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 8 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 9 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 10 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 13 "Never Mind"
- 14 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 15 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 16 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 17 Via del Sale, Italy
- 18 Route/guide book request for Italy
- 19 Nafplio to Hydra
- 20 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 21 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 22 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 23 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 24 Prague itinerary advice
- 25 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 5TH