Notes on Trip Planning ...
After a hiatus of 6 years, DH & I decided to return to France - our 5th trip to this beautiful country! We tacked on a stay in London at the end. Here's our itinerary:
September 10, 1012: leave Vancouver, B.C. / arrive in Paris on September 11
September 11-21: Paris
September 21-25: Honfleur (Normandy)
September 25- 27 Bermicourt (Somme)
September 27- October 4: London
With plans in place, we began the process of getting airline tickets with points through Aeroplan. We phoned on the first day seats were released for our travel dates. To our surprise, Aeroplan released only one seat in Business Class + one seat in Economy. We snapped them up.
Then came the task of periodically checking on-line & calling to see if another seat in Business Class came open. As the months became weeks, the calls became more frequent. At last, there was a seat available but only on the Montreal to Paris leg. We grabbed that seat, paid (in points) for the up-grade + the additional change fee, taxes & surcharges. This was getting expensive! But now DH was on automatic stand-by should a seat become available. We would have to wait until we arrived at the gate in Vancouver & again in London to find out if we were flying in the same cabin - fingers crossed! Well, at least we knew that we would be arriving together regardless of the outcome.
Time to start packing!
Notes from Paris, Honfleur, Bermicourt & London - Sept 10 - Oct 4, 2012
Notes on Trip Planning ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 2 Ireland or Scotland
- 3 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?
- 4 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 5 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 6 From Denver to Virtuous
- 7 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 8 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 9 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 10 Off the beaten path in Italy
- 11 Cotswolds first time
- 12 Have 4 Ticket to Eiffel Tower Summit for sale 31.08, early afternoon
- 13 need advise on first time travel to Europe
- 14 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 15 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 16 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 17 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 18 Day trips from Bologna
- 19 The east coast of Italy
- 20 Schengen rule made easy
- 21 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 22 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 23 Where to rent a house for 1 or 2 months during summer in Europe
- 24 Grad Schools in London?
- 25 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia