Notes on Trip Planning ...
After a hiatus of 6 years, DH & I decided to return to France - our 5th trip to this beautiful country! We tacked on a stay in London at the end. Here's our itinerary:
September 10, 1012: leave Vancouver, B.C. / arrive in Paris on September 11
September 11-21: Paris
September 21-25: Honfleur (Normandy)
September 25- 27 Bermicourt (Somme)
September 27- October 4: London
With plans in place, we began the process of getting airline tickets with points through Aeroplan. We phoned on the first day seats were released for our travel dates. To our surprise, Aeroplan released only one seat in Business Class + one seat in Economy. We snapped them up.
Then came the task of periodically checking on-line & calling to see if another seat in Business Class came open. As the months became weeks, the calls became more frequent. At last, there was a seat available but only on the Montreal to Paris leg. We grabbed that seat, paid (in points) for the up-grade + the additional change fee, taxes & surcharges. This was getting expensive! But now DH was on automatic stand-by should a seat become available. We would have to wait until we arrived at the gate in Vancouver & again in London to find out if we were flying in the same cabin - fingers crossed! Well, at least we knew that we would be arriving together regardless of the outcome.
Time to start packing!
Notes from Paris, Honfleur, Bermicourt & London - Sept 10 - Oct 4, 2012
Notes on Trip Planning ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 2 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 3 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 4 England and Scotland
- 5 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 6 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 7 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 8 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 9 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 10 Air pollution in Paris
- 11 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 12 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 13 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 14 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 15 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 16 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 17 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 18 France, Italy and Greec
- 19 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 20 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 21 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 22 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 23 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 24 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 25 Spain and Portugal in Depth