Notes on Trip Planning ...
After a hiatus of 6 years, DH & I decided to return to France - our 5th trip to this beautiful country! We tacked on a stay in London at the end. Here's our itinerary:
September 10, 1012: leave Vancouver, B.C. / arrive in Paris on September 11
September 11-21: Paris
September 21-25: Honfleur (Normandy)
September 25- 27 Bermicourt (Somme)
September 27- October 4: London
With plans in place, we began the process of getting airline tickets with points through Aeroplan. We phoned on the first day seats were released for our travel dates. To our surprise, Aeroplan released only one seat in Business Class + one seat in Economy. We snapped them up.
Then came the task of periodically checking on-line & calling to see if another seat in Business Class came open. As the months became weeks, the calls became more frequent. At last, there was a seat available but only on the Montreal to Paris leg. We grabbed that seat, paid (in points) for the up-grade + the additional change fee, taxes & surcharges. This was getting expensive! But now DH was on automatic stand-by should a seat become available. We would have to wait until we arrived at the gate in Vancouver & again in London to find out if we were flying in the same cabin - fingers crossed! Well, at least we knew that we would be arriving together regardless of the outcome.
Time to start packing!
Notes from Paris, Honfleur, Bermicourt & London - Sept 10 - Oct 4, 2012
Notes on Trip Planning ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 2 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 3 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 4 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 5 staying a month or so in each place
- 6 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 7 10 days in England
- 8 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 9 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 10 3 weeks in Europe
- 11 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 12 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 13 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 14 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 15 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 16 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 17 How can I organize my own Language Exchange trip Abroad
- 18 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 19 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 20 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 21 Self-driving tips for France
- 22 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 23 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 24 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 25 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons