I've always been fascinated by the beautiful Norwegian fjords, and I have a chance to visit Norway in Mid-April for a week.
We don't plan on doing any serous hiking, only some site-seeing etc..
I'm looking for a very "quiet" trip, with focus on countryside, fjords, and since it's only a week, to skip Oslo or other cities.
Arrival and departure will be from Oslo, so I guess it would be reasonable to take a train to Bergen and rent a car in Bergen for visiting places like Geiranger Fjord, Pulpit rock, and other possible places.
The question is - is it a good idea to travel to these regions in mid-April?
What are our chances to have good weather?
Will there be much snow in he main fjord regions?
I'd love to hear your thoughts about this before planning my trip.
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Spain
- 2 9 Days in Spain
- 3 Iceland early december visit
- 4 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 5 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 8 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 9 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 10 Milan or Turin
- 11 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Barcelona alternative
- 14 Paris to Italy
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 19 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 22 God Save the Queen?
- 23 Road trip with our dog
- 24 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna