I've always been fascinated by the beautiful Norwegian fjords, and I have a chance to visit Norway in Mid-April for a week.
We don't plan on doing any serous hiking, only some site-seeing etc..
I'm looking for a very "quiet" trip, with focus on countryside, fjords, and since it's only a week, to skip Oslo or other cities.
Arrival and departure will be from Oslo, so I guess it would be reasonable to take a train to Bergen and rent a car in Bergen for visiting places like Geiranger Fjord, Pulpit rock, and other possible places.
The question is - is it a good idea to travel to these regions in mid-April?
What are our chances to have good weather?
Will there be much snow in he main fjord regions?
I'd love to hear your thoughts about this before planning my trip.
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 2 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 3 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 4 Matera tour guide wanted
- 5 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 6 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 7 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 8 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 9 Service dog
- 10 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 11 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 14 Scottish National Museum of Rural Life
- 15 Coastal Denmark
- 16 Christian Cafe Dating
- 17 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 18 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 19 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 20 Iceland
- 21 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 22 croatia and slovenia 29/10 - 06/11
- 23 base for Andalucia
- 24 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 25 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION