I've always been fascinated by the beautiful Norwegian fjords, and I have a chance to visit Norway in Mid-April for a week.
We don't plan on doing any serous hiking, only some site-seeing etc..
I'm looking for a very "quiet" trip, with focus on countryside, fjords, and since it's only a week, to skip Oslo or other cities.
Arrival and departure will be from Oslo, so I guess it would be reasonable to take a train to Bergen and rent a car in Bergen for visiting places like Geiranger Fjord, Pulpit rock, and other possible places.
The question is - is it a good idea to travel to these regions in mid-April?
What are our chances to have good weather?
Will there be much snow in he main fjord regions?
I'd love to hear your thoughts about this before planning my trip.
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 2 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 3 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 4 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 5 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 6 London 2For1 question
- 7 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 9 Fastest travel from Malpensa to Port of Genoa
- 10 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 11 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 12 7 days in Greece
- 13 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 14 Venice
- 15 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 16 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 17 Another Book List for Italy
- 18 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 19 Last night in Sweden
- 20 Best Itinerary for 15 Days?
- 21 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 22 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 23 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 24 charming cities in Spain
- 25 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.