I've always been fascinated by the beautiful Norwegian fjords, and I have a chance to visit Norway in Mid-April for a week.
We don't plan on doing any serous hiking, only some site-seeing etc..
I'm looking for a very "quiet" trip, with focus on countryside, fjords, and since it's only a week, to skip Oslo or other cities.
Arrival and departure will be from Oslo, so I guess it would be reasonable to take a train to Bergen and rent a car in Bergen for visiting places like Geiranger Fjord, Pulpit rock, and other possible places.
The question is - is it a good idea to travel to these regions in mid-April?
What are our chances to have good weather?
Will there be much snow in he main fjord regions?
I'd love to hear your thoughts about this before planning my trip.
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 2 CUSTOMER : Yahoo Technical SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:540:6830 Password reset
- 3 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 4 Paris and Normandy
- 5 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 6 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 7 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 8 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 9 Help me make this possible!
- 10 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 11 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 12 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 13 Car Rental
- 14 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 15 First visit to London
- 16 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 17 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 18 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 19 Balkans
- 20 My first trip to Crete
- 21 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 22 Ireland Trip
- 23 London is it worth it?
- 24 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 25 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July