I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AMS Car Rental
- 2 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 3 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 4 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 5 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 6 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 7 One week in Europe
- 8 Switzerland in September
- 9 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 10 London Theater
- 11 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 12 Munich itinerary review
- 13 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 14 Europe itinerary questions
- 15 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 16 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 17 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 18 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 19 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 20 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 21 Salzburg itinerary review
- 22 weekend from cologne germany
- 23 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 24 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 25 Last minute trip to Capri