I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Months in Sicily
- 2 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 3 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 4 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 5 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 6 What tips can you give about packing?
- 7 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 8 Ludwig Castles
- 9 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 10 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 11 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 12 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 13 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 16 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 17 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 18 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 19 Short Trip in July
- 20 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 21 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 22 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 23 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 24 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 25 Cell Phone Question