I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
norway self-drive itinerary
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 London at Easter
- 3 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 4 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 5 Prague - must see
- 6 Travel by train or bus
- 7 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 8 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 9 Car in Prague
- 10 Which travel plan?
- 11 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 12 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 13 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 16 Family European winter holiday
- 17 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 18 Planning a holiday
- 19 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 20 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 21 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 22 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 23 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 24 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 25 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari