I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 2 Unable to recollect things may be you are avid
- 3 Sim Card
- 4 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 5 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 6 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 7 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 8 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 9 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 10 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 11 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 12 Traveling to Puglia in July
- 13 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 14 Puglia itinerary - need help!
- 15 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 16 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 17 Amalfi or Positano
- 18 Croatia travel ideas
- 19 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 20 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 21 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 22 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 23 Public Transport information App/Website
- 24 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 25 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!