I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
norway self-drive itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Positano
- 2 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 3 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 4 help and advice
- 5 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 6 Is it a bad time to go?
- 7 4 days in the Yonne (Burgundy) with kids - itinerary suggestions?
- 8 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 9 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 10 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 11 VALI DI RAGUSA
- 12 Florence/ Tuscany Wine
- 13 Greek Island honeymoon
- 14 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 15 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 16 DCC on the increase?
- 17 Croatian Itenerary Help
- 18 2 week trip -Peloponnese, Greece
- 19 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 20 Naples and Salerno
- 21 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules
- 22 Phone options - Sweden, Norway, Iceland
- 23 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 24 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 25 Lesson Learned - Speeding In France