I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
norway self-drive itinerary
- 1 2 Week European Itinerary
- 2 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 3 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 4 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 5 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 6 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 7 More help with housing in Puglia
- 8 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 9 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 10 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 11 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 12 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 13 TGV and Provence questions
- 14 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 15 Dresden Train Station
- 16 Family European winter holiday
- 17 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 18 rent car / Munich
- 19 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 20 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 To Paris and Provence in June
- 23 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 24 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 25 Channel Islands