I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily
- 2 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 3 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 4 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 5 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 6 Hotel in Vienna
- 7 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 8 If you had to choose one......
- 9 Car rental from Barcelona
- 10 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 11 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 12 House Hunting in France
- 13 Itinerary Tweaking
- 14 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 15 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 16 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 17 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 18 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 Ireland in April
- 21 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 22 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 23 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 24 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 25 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.