I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
norway self-drive itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 2 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 3 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 4 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 5 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 6 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 7 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 8 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 9 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 10 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 11 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 12 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 13 Southern Ireland Help
- 14 Bologna tips
- 15 London and Where Else in late December?
- 16 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 17 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 18 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 19 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 20 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 21 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 22 London - Site List Triage -
- 23 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 24 Debit card with 6 digit pin
- 25 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich