I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation to europe
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 16 Day Europe Itenerary
- 4 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 5 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 8 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 9 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 10 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 11 Berlin, Nice and London
- 12 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 13 Venice
- 14 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 15 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 16 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 17 charming cities in Spain
- 18 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 19 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 20 Day in Madrid
- 21 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 22 Le Marche Research Help
- 23 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 24 Rental car in Menton
- 25 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich