I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
norway self-drive itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague - Tram #22
- 2 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 3 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 4 7 days in Greece
- 5 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 6 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 7 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 8 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 9 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 12 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 13 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 14 nearby cities to london
- 15 London hotel
- 16 A drive in Europe
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 19 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 20 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 21 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 22 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 23 Where to stay in Rome
- 24 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 25 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish