I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi coast
- 2 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 3 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 4 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 5 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 6 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 7 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 8 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 9 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 10 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 11 Beaches in Southern France
- 12 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 13 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 14 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 15 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 16 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 17 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 18 French lavender and cottages
- 19 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 20 Rome to Pompeii, luggage goes where?
- 21 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 22 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 23 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 24 Rome Rental Car
- 25 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery