I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
norway self-drive itinerary
- 1 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 2 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 3 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 4 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 5 Spain - Andalucia
- 6 Gogartys, Dublin
- 7 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 8 After Helsinki, where to next?
- 9 Europe with young teens
- 10 Medieval Tallinn
- 11 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 12 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 13 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 London – five days with two teen boys
- 16 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 19 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 20 15 days in Europe,
- 21 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 22 Can romans help me?
- 23 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 24 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 25 Planning a holiday