I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
norway self-drive itinerary
- 1 Apartment location
- 2 Connection in Newark EWR
- 3 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 4 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 5 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 6 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 7 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 8 portugal
- 9 Refining London and Scotland
- 10 Arriving at Rome FCO and departing from ZRH-luggage transfer advice
- 11 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 12 Ibiza to Valencia- travel tip request
- 13 Help with itenerary
- 14 Rome Hotels near Termini
- 15 Rhine River Intinerary
- 16 Rough Itinerary for Scotland, please more help
- 17 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 18 Travel to Italy prior to study abroad in Spain, Study Visa
- 19 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 20 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 21 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 22 Can I Get a US Credit Card with a Chip like They Use in Europe?
- 23 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 24 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 25 How to get from Nice to Cinque Terre by train