I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
norway self-drive itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 2 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 3 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 4 Sicily Suggetions
- 5 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 6 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 7 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 Heathrow Airport Hotel
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 12 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 13 7 days in Greece
- 14 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 15 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 16 London hotel
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 A drive in Europe
- 19 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 20 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 23 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 24 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 25 Paris in April?