I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
norway self-drive itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions for my German friends
- 2 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 3 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 4 Driving through southern Germany, would you book accomodation in advance?
- 5 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 6 Chip but no PIN
- 7 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 8 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 9 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 10 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 11 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 12 Madrid and London
- 13 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 14 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Unique Venice Activity
- 17 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 18 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 19 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 20 car rental advice in Portugal
- 21 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 22 What to wear
- 23 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 24 Small group for Colosseum
- 25 Lofoten ferry