I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
norway self-drive itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the most economical way to see Dublin and London?
- 2 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 3 Trains in Europe
- 4 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 5 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 6 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 7 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 8 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 9 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 10 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 11 Netherlands and others
- 12 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 13 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 14 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 15 Raining in rome
- 16 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 17 Italian Lakes
- 18 Scenic train rides from Milan to Lucerne
- 19 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 20 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 21 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 22 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 23 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 24 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 25 Eleanor's Pages