I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
norway self-drive itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What still confounds you about travel?
- 2 Questions for my German friends
- 3 Pronunciation
- 4 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 5 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 6 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 7 Stay near Paris
- 8 Monet in Normandy
- 9 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 10 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 11 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 12 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 13 Koper to Trieste
- 14 Trieste and Koper
- 15 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 16 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 17 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 18 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 19 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 20 Dublin Tour Companies
- 21 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 22 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 23 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 24 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 25 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March