I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany train help!
- 2 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 3 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 4 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 5 Sicily
- 6 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 driving from prague to salzburg
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 11 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 12 Versailles
- 13 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 14 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 15 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 18 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 19 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 We're here!
- 22 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 23 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 24 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 25 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise