I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 2 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 3 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 4 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 5 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 6 Renting a car in Greece
- 7 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 8 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 9 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 10 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 11 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 12 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 13 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 14 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 15 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 16 Iceland rental camper company
- 17 southeast sicily town as home base
- 18 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 19 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 20 Chania
- 21 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 22 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 23 Spanish food - not that special?
- 24 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 25 Rome travel book, Nice extra