Thanks in advance for reading and useful suggestions
First visit to Norway, looking for a real outdoorsy, hiking, driving through wild mountainous, fjord cruise with car and just enjoying nature at its best
6 full days, 2 people...
Aug 20 - 1900 - arrive in Moss airport and hire car
Aug 27 - 1230 - Have to return car at Moss airport
Been looking at replicating this tour: http://norway.nordicvisitor.com/travel-deals/self-drive-tours/majestic-highlights-of-norway/45/default.aspxand
How easy is it to get accommodation on the fly at cheap B&Bs or campsites/hostels?
This itinerary is spaced out over 9 nights..we are fairly active and will be happy to be travelling 8.00am to 11pm all days
If its not all doable, could someone please suggest a route..
Oslo - Gielo - Hardingervidda park, Vof waterfall --- then options seem to be either towards Flam/Sognefjord - with cruise at Gundvagen or head towards Voss and then Bergen.
Is the Flam railway really worth it if self driving....is there just as good scenery to be had from the road? By driving, we miss out on the really popular flam to gundvagen ferry...and noaerofjord cruise...is this a must if we'd be heading north towards geiranger and getting the car ferry there anyway...?
What would be the best place to do a hike. The area around Sognland looks amazing to do a 2 hour hike to get to the top of a hill to look down into the fjord?
We figure we'd get from bergen to geiranger, then alesund, andalsnes, and back to oslo ---- is this a nice route? and how would you suggest we break up the journey.
comments much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 2 One free day in Barcelona
- 3 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 13 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 14 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 15 Bordeaux to Nice
- 16 Greek Village
- 17 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 18 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 19 Uber vs. TfL
- 20 Berlin
- 21 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 22 Germany or Sweden
- 23 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 24 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 25 Two days in Rome
Norway Oslo, to Bergen to Alesund and back doable in 6.5 days?