Thanks in advance for reading and useful suggestions
First visit to Norway, looking for a real outdoorsy, hiking, driving through wild mountainous, fjord cruise with car and just enjoying nature at its best
6 full days, 2 people...
Aug 20 - 1900 - arrive in Moss airport and hire car
Aug 27 - 1230 - Have to return car at Moss airport
Been looking at replicating this tour: http://norway.nordicvisitor.com/travel-deals/self-drive-tours/majestic-highlights-of-norway/45/default.aspxand
How easy is it to get accommodation on the fly at cheap B&Bs or campsites/hostels?
This itinerary is spaced out over 9 nights..we are fairly active and will be happy to be travelling 8.00am to 11pm all days
If its not all doable, could someone please suggest a route..
Oslo - Gielo - Hardingervidda park, Vof waterfall --- then options seem to be either towards Flam/Sognefjord - with cruise at Gundvagen or head towards Voss and then Bergen.
Is the Flam railway really worth it if self driving....is there just as good scenery to be had from the road? By driving, we miss out on the really popular flam to gundvagen ferry...and noaerofjord cruise...is this a must if we'd be heading north towards geiranger and getting the car ferry there anyway...?
What would be the best place to do a hike. The area around Sognland looks amazing to do a 2 hour hike to get to the top of a hill to look down into the fjord?
We figure we'd get from bergen to geiranger, then alesund, andalsnes, and back to oslo ---- is this a nice route? and how would you suggest we break up the journey.
comments much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 2 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 3 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 4 First time in London
- 5 Vacation
- 6 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 7 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 8 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 11 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 12 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 13 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 14 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 15 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 19 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 20 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 21 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 22 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Day trips around Vienna
- 25 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
Norway Oslo, to Bergen to Alesund and back doable in 6.5 days?