I was wondering if it is suitable for someone living in the tropics to visit Norway in late November/Early December. Weather is obviously a concern because we aren't used to snow and sub zero temperatures. Because of the short daylight, I feel that sightseeing opportunities are somewhat diminished. There is limited time to go hiking to various spots, but a higher chance of seeing the Northern Lights(?). From what I've read, people tend to focus a bit more on the nightlife of Norwegian cities in the winter. However, I'm more interested in the rugged landscapes and fjords Norway has to offer rather than planning a trip around the cities. Would it be advisable to visit Norway in early winter? (We won't be doing a self drive either because of the icy conditions of the roads) The trip should last around 2 weeks so I'm pretty certain I am only going to be able to see the highlights of this amazing country.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 2 Vigo Spain????
- 3 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 6 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 7 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 8 Paris in August
- 9 SURPRISE TRIP
- 10 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Visiting Zurich
- 13 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 14 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 15 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 16 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 17 Andalucia Spain
- 18 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 19 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 20 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 23 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 24 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 25 Help with Spain Itinerary