Do you recommend commencing the NIN trip from Oslo or Bergen to avoid the crowds in mid-August?
I am planning on spending a couple of nights in Balestrand so from a logistics perspective it made sense to start the NIN from Oslo. We plan to drive since we will have kids under 7 years so we need that convenience. For example:
1. Drive from Oslo to Myrdal. Spend the night in Myrdal.
2. Morning, do the NIN tour: train (Myrdal to Flam)-boat (Flam to Gudvangen)-bus (Gudvangen to Voss).
3. Afternoon, catch the Bergen-Oslo train from Voss to Myrdal. Pick up the car and drive to Balestrand. Spend the night in Balestrand.
4. Spend a day or two in Balestrand.
5. Drive to Bergen to drop off the car.
I am not sure how I can do the stay in Balestrand, if I were to do the NIN from Bergen. I would definitely want to have a car for our travel in/around Balestrand. Any suggestions?
Norway In A Nutshell...from Oslo or Bergen to avoid August crowds?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 2 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 3 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 4 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 5 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 6 Paris in April?
- 7 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 8 Prague - Tram #22
- 9 A drive in Europe
- 10 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 car rental companies Italy
- 13 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 14 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 15 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 18 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 19 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 20 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 21 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 22 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 23 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 24 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?
- 25 London hotel