Do you recommend commencing the NIN trip from Oslo or Bergen to avoid the crowds in mid-August?
I am planning on spending a couple of nights in Balestrand so from a logistics perspective it made sense to start the NIN from Oslo. We plan to drive since we will have kids under 7 years so we need that convenience. For example:
1. Drive from Oslo to Myrdal. Spend the night in Myrdal.
2. Morning, do the NIN tour: train (Myrdal to Flam)-boat (Flam to Gudvangen)-bus (Gudvangen to Voss).
3. Afternoon, catch the Bergen-Oslo train from Voss to Myrdal. Pick up the car and drive to Balestrand. Spend the night in Balestrand.
4. Spend a day or two in Balestrand.
5. Drive to Bergen to drop off the car.
I am not sure how I can do the stay in Balestrand, if I were to do the NIN from Bergen. I would definitely want to have a car for our travel in/around Balestrand. Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 2 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 6 Days in Italy
- 5 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 6 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 7 Low Deposit Holidays| Low Cost Getaway| Secure From Book It Now
- 8 Have Toddler, Will Travel
- 9 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 10 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 11 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 12 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 13 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 14 Stu Tower
- 15 Single Female Traveler in Italy
- 16 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 17 Maybe your worst nightmare...
- 18 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 19 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 20 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 21 Crete Holiday
- 22 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?
- 23 What to do in San Marino + Internet connection
- 24 skopsko beer and shopsko salad. my week in macedonia
- 25 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
Norway In A Nutshell...from Oslo or Bergen to avoid August crowds?