Do you recommend commencing the NIN trip from Oslo or Bergen to avoid the crowds in mid-August?
I am planning on spending a couple of nights in Balestrand so from a logistics perspective it made sense to start the NIN from Oslo. We plan to drive since we will have kids under 7 years so we need that convenience. For example:
1. Drive from Oslo to Myrdal. Spend the night in Myrdal.
2. Morning, do the NIN tour: train (Myrdal to Flam)-boat (Flam to Gudvangen)-bus (Gudvangen to Voss).
3. Afternoon, catch the Bergen-Oslo train from Voss to Myrdal. Pick up the car and drive to Balestrand. Spend the night in Balestrand.
4. Spend a day or two in Balestrand.
5. Drive to Bergen to drop off the car.
I am not sure how I can do the stay in Balestrand, if I were to do the NIN from Bergen. I would definitely want to have a car for our travel in/around Balestrand. Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 2 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 3 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 4 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 5 Help with Scotland itinerary
- 6 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 7 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 8 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 9 Italy museum tickets
- 10 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 11 What one thing in Paris?
- 12 sfo to europe
- 13 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 14 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 15 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 16 Rue des Rosiers
- 17 Honeymoon in Greece & Norway April/May 2016
- 18 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 19 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 20 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 21 Shopping in Stockholm, Prague and Warsaw
- 22 Holiday in Austria
- 23 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 24 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 25 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
Norway In A Nutshell...from Oslo or Bergen to avoid August crowds?