We need your advice!
My fiance and I are doing a super quick tour of Scandinavia, in late October, which will include 2 full days in Norway. We fly into Oslo, and will catch the train out 2 days later, but we're happy to stay one night Oslo, and another somewhere more inland if that helps us take in the beauty of Norway.
I've read about Norway in a Nutshell, and whilst we would LOVE to do it, it wont fit into our budget (190 pounds each). Is there a way to see part of the fjords without needing to spend this much money?
Is most of the cost involved in the trip from Oslo to Bergen and therefore unavoidable?
Is it cheaper for us to get another train to Bergen and then do some tours from there?
Otherwise, is there another way we can experience Norway's beautiful scenery out of Oslo on a budget/ish.
Thanks for your help guys!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 2 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 3 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 4 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 5 Train travel
- 6 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 7 WWI Battlefields
- 8 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 9 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 10 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 11 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 12 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 13 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 14 Iceland 3 day layover
- 15 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 16 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 17 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 18 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 19 Milos beach stay
- 20 Paris to Bordeaux
- 21 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 22 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 23 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 24 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 25 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?