We need your advice!
My fiance and I are doing a super quick tour of Scandinavia, in late October, which will include 2 full days in Norway. We fly into Oslo, and will catch the train out 2 days later, but we're happy to stay one night Oslo, and another somewhere more inland if that helps us take in the beauty of Norway.
I've read about Norway in a Nutshell, and whilst we would LOVE to do it, it wont fit into our budget (190 pounds each). Is there a way to see part of the fjords without needing to spend this much money?
Is most of the cost involved in the trip from Oslo to Bergen and therefore unavoidable?
Is it cheaper for us to get another train to Bergen and then do some tours from there?
Otherwise, is there another way we can experience Norway's beautiful scenery out of Oslo on a budget/ish.
Thanks for your help guys!
norway in a nutshell on a budget?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 2 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 3 9 days in turkey
- 4 Burg Eltz
- 5 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 6 Germany-berlin marathon
- 7 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 8 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 9 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 10 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 11 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 12 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 13 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 14 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 15 itinerary help
- 16 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 17 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 18 Nice Video about Poland
- 19 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 20 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 21 Reims for a day
- 22 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 23 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 24 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 25 Toulouse and beyond -