We need your advice!
My fiance and I are doing a super quick tour of Scandinavia, in late October, which will include 2 full days in Norway. We fly into Oslo, and will catch the train out 2 days later, but we're happy to stay one night Oslo, and another somewhere more inland if that helps us take in the beauty of Norway.
I've read about Norway in a Nutshell, and whilst we would LOVE to do it, it wont fit into our budget (190 pounds each). Is there a way to see part of the fjords without needing to spend this much money?
Is most of the cost involved in the trip from Oslo to Bergen and therefore unavoidable?
Is it cheaper for us to get another train to Bergen and then do some tours from there?
Otherwise, is there another way we can experience Norway's beautiful scenery out of Oslo on a budget/ish.
Thanks for your help guys!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 2 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 3 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 4 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 5 Piedmont as a destination
- 6 dinner jackets
- 7 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 8 Vatican City questions
- 9 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 10 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 11 Garda Land
- 12 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 15 2 weeks Europe trip
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 18 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 19 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 20 Cordoba Overnight?
- 21 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 22 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 23 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 24 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 25 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis