We need your advice!
My fiance and I are doing a super quick tour of Scandinavia, in late October, which will include 2 full days in Norway. We fly into Oslo, and will catch the train out 2 days later, but we're happy to stay one night Oslo, and another somewhere more inland if that helps us take in the beauty of Norway.
I've read about Norway in a Nutshell, and whilst we would LOVE to do it, it wont fit into our budget (190 pounds each). Is there a way to see part of the fjords without needing to spend this much money?
Is most of the cost involved in the trip from Oslo to Bergen and therefore unavoidable?
Is it cheaper for us to get another train to Bergen and then do some tours from there?
Otherwise, is there another way we can experience Norway's beautiful scenery out of Oslo on a budget/ish.
Thanks for your help guys!
norway in a nutshell on a budget?
- 1 Affordable London Hotel
- 2 Just back from 15 days in Switzerland
- 3 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 4 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 5 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 6 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 7 Belgium or Germany with Paris and Amsterdam
- 8 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 9 Help for first timers
- 10 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 11 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 12 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 13 Parisian Pickpockets
- 14 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 15 Paris Ticket t+
- 16 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 17 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 18 Crete: Rental Car Return to Heraklion PORT?
- 19 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 20 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 21 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 22 15 wonderful days of Vino, Gelatos n Esprossos!
- 23 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 24 Benita In Paris
- 25 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report