I am having a terrible time trying to figure out the Norway fjords part of our trip. Any help would be very much appreciated.
We will arrive in Bergen from Stockholm for 2 nights and 1 full day.
We would like to take the Express boat from Bergen to Sogndal (I understand this is a lovely trip) and get a rental car in Sogndal (where???) and stay at the Nes Gard apartments in Luster for four nights. From there return car and take ferry to connect to train to Oslo for three night before flying home to LAX.
Now my questions:
Is it difficult to get to Sogndal airport from the ferry terminal to pick up a rental car, or is there car rental at the ferry terminal which would be much easier?
I really want to see/travel on both the Flam railway from Myrdal to Flam, AND the Naeroyfjord but cannot seem to figure out how to do both. If we ferry to Flam we miss the fjord, if we ferry to Gudvagen we miss the railway. I know I must be missing something here but I just can’t figure it out.
Please help me,
Thank you, Michele
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Bulgaria
- 2 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 3 Alps Drive
- 4 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 5 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 6 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 7 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 10 Praiano
- 11 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 Help please
- 14 Funny One Michelin * Mix-Up in France!
- 15 Andalucia itinerary help
- 16 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 19 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 20 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 21 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 22 Perugia
- 23 Family vacation to europe
- 24 Paris cooking classes
- 25 Ronda Wine/biking