I am having a terrible time trying to figure out the Norway fjords part of our trip. Any help would be very much appreciated.
We will arrive in Bergen from Stockholm for 2 nights and 1 full day.
We would like to take the Express boat from Bergen to Sogndal (I understand this is a lovely trip) and get a rental car in Sogndal (where???) and stay at the Nes Gard apartments in Luster for four nights. From there return car and take ferry to connect to train to Oslo for three night before flying home to LAX.
Now my questions:
Is it difficult to get to Sogndal airport from the ferry terminal to pick up a rental car, or is there car rental at the ferry terminal which would be much easier?
I really want to see/travel on both the Flam railway from Myrdal to Flam, AND the Naeroyfjord but cannot seem to figure out how to do both. If we ferry to Flam we miss the fjord, if we ferry to Gudvagen we miss the railway. I know I must be missing something here but I just can’t figure it out.
Please help me,
Thank you, Michele
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A very late conclusion to Solo Christmas/December trip - Paris
- 2 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 3 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 4 Greece in 15 Days
- 5 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 6 recommended hospitals in Athens Greece
- 7 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 8 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 9 Travel WiFi - France
- 10 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 11 Help with itinerary
- 12 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 13 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 14 3 nights in Paris
- 15 1 day trip from Nice
- 16 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 17 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 18 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 19 Planning Advice!
- 20 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 21 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 22 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 23 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 24 England and Wales by public transport
- 25 Our European adventures