I am having a terrible time trying to figure out the Norway fjords part of our trip. Any help would be very much appreciated.
We will arrive in Bergen from Stockholm for 2 nights and 1 full day.
We would like to take the Express boat from Bergen to Sogndal (I understand this is a lovely trip) and get a rental car in Sogndal (where???) and stay at the Nes Gard apartments in Luster for four nights. From there return car and take ferry to connect to train to Oslo for three night before flying home to LAX.
Now my questions:
Is it difficult to get to Sogndal airport from the ferry terminal to pick up a rental car, or is there car rental at the ferry terminal which would be much easier?
I really want to see/travel on both the Flam railway from Myrdal to Flam, AND the Naeroyfjord but cannot seem to figure out how to do both. If we ferry to Flam we miss the fjord, if we ferry to Gudvagen we miss the railway. I know I must be missing something here but I just can’t figure it out.
Please help me,
Thank you, Michele
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 2 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 3 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 4 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 5 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 6 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 7 Stonehenge and Bath
- 8 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 9 train from ravenna to parma
- 10 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 11 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 12 Puglia
- 13 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 14 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 15 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 16 Ireland driving itinerary
- 17 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 18 Manchester on derby weekend
- 19 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 20 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 21 Day trips from Uzes
- 22 Greece Experts
- 23 My First Trip to Europe...
- 24 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 25 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux