I am having a terrible time trying to figure out the Norway fjords part of our trip. Any help would be very much appreciated.
We will arrive in Bergen from Stockholm for 2 nights and 1 full day.
We would like to take the Express boat from Bergen to Sogndal (I understand this is a lovely trip) and get a rental car in Sogndal (where???) and stay at the Nes Gard apartments in Luster for four nights. From there return car and take ferry to connect to train to Oslo for three night before flying home to LAX.
Now my questions:
Is it difficult to get to Sogndal airport from the ferry terminal to pick up a rental car, or is there car rental at the ferry terminal which would be much easier?
I really want to see/travel on both the Flam railway from Myrdal to Flam, AND the Naeroyfjord but cannot seem to figure out how to do both. If we ferry to Flam we miss the fjord, if we ferry to Gudvagen we miss the railway. I know I must be missing something here but I just can’t figure it out.
Please help me,
Thank you, Michele
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 2 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 3 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 4 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 5 Shall I buy the travel plug in advance
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 8 Norway Hiking Adventure
- 9 Porto in January
- 10 Places to visit from Zurich
- 11 The DCC scam is spreading
- 12 Visiting Zurich
- 13 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 14 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 15 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 16 casusyazılım
- 17 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 18 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 19 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 20 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 21 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 22 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 23 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 24 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 25 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018