I am having a terrible time trying to figure out the Norway fjords part of our trip. Any help would be very much appreciated.
We will arrive in Bergen from Stockholm for 2 nights and 1 full day.
We would like to take the Express boat from Bergen to Sogndal (I understand this is a lovely trip) and get a rental car in Sogndal (where???) and stay at the Nes Gard apartments in Luster for four nights. From there return car and take ferry to connect to train to Oslo for three night before flying home to LAX.
Now my questions:
Is it difficult to get to Sogndal airport from the ferry terminal to pick up a rental car, or is there car rental at the ferry terminal which would be much easier?
I really want to see/travel on both the Flam railway from Myrdal to Flam, AND the Naeroyfjord but cannot seem to figure out how to do both. If we ferry to Flam we miss the fjord, if we ferry to Gudvagen we miss the railway. I know I must be missing something here but I just can’t figure it out.
Please help me,
Thank you, Michele
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 visa appointment experience
- 2 What to take to Germany
- 3 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 4 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 5 First Trip to Europe!
- 6 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 7 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 8 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 9 Paris Under Seige...
- 10 Rue des Rosiers
- 11 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 12 Scotland Trip
- 13 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 14 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 15 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 16 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 17 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 18 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 19 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 20 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 21 Which Heathrow Airport Car Service Would You Use?
- 22 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 23 4 week trip Turkey
- 24 Holiday in Austria
- 25 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015