I am having a terrible time trying to figure out the Norway fjords part of our trip. Any help would be very much appreciated.
We will arrive in Bergen from Stockholm for 2 nights and 1 full day.
We would like to take the Express boat from Bergen to Sogndal (I understand this is a lovely trip) and get a rental car in Sogndal (where???) and stay at the Nes Gard apartments in Luster for four nights. From there return car and take ferry to connect to train to Oslo for three night before flying home to LAX.
Now my questions:
Is it difficult to get to Sogndal airport from the ferry terminal to pick up a rental car, or is there car rental at the ferry terminal which would be much easier?
I really want to see/travel on both the Flam railway from Myrdal to Flam, AND the Naeroyfjord but cannot seem to figure out how to do both. If we ferry to Flam we miss the fjord, if we ferry to Gudvagen we miss the railway. I know I must be missing something here but I just can’t figure it out.
Please help me,
Thank you, Michele
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 2 0nline : yahoo MAIL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:844:291 :6706 yahoo mail 24*7
- 3 Paris advice with kids
- 4 International drivers permit
- 5 Villa in Italy
- 6 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 7 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 8 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 9 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 10 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 11 Paris travel help
- 12 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 13 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 14 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 15 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 16 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 17 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 18 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 19 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 20 One night in the Dolomites
- 21 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 22 Airport Transit Visa
- 23 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 24 Where in Greece
- 25 Help with Scotland Itinerary