I am having a terrible time trying to figure out the Norway fjords part of our trip. Any help would be very much appreciated.
We will arrive in Bergen from Stockholm for 2 nights and 1 full day.
We would like to take the Express boat from Bergen to Sogndal (I understand this is a lovely trip) and get a rental car in Sogndal (where???) and stay at the Nes Gard apartments in Luster for four nights. From there return car and take ferry to connect to train to Oslo for three night before flying home to LAX.
Now my questions:
Is it difficult to get to Sogndal airport from the ferry terminal to pick up a rental car, or is there car rental at the ferry terminal which would be much easier?
I really want to see/travel on both the Flam railway from Myrdal to Flam, AND the Naeroyfjord but cannot seem to figure out how to do both. If we ferry to Flam we miss the fjord, if we ferry to Gudvagen we miss the railway. I know I must be missing something here but I just can’t figure it out.
Please help me,
Thank you, Michele
Norway in a Nutshell making me kind of nutty!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 2 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 3 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 4 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 5 UK for 12 days !
- 6 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 7 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 8 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 9 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 10 London hotel
- 11 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 12 Europe in 21 days
- 13 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 14 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 15 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 16 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 17 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 18 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 19 Hotel in Venice
- 20 hotels in Seville
- 21 London tube
- 22 7 days in Greece
- 23 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 24 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 25 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki