I am having a terrible time trying to figure out the Norway fjords part of our trip. Any help would be very much appreciated.
We will arrive in Bergen from Stockholm for 2 nights and 1 full day.
We would like to take the Express boat from Bergen to Sogndal (I understand this is a lovely trip) and get a rental car in Sogndal (where???) and stay at the Nes Gard apartments in Luster for four nights. From there return car and take ferry to connect to train to Oslo for three night before flying home to LAX.
Now my questions:
Is it difficult to get to Sogndal airport from the ferry terminal to pick up a rental car, or is there car rental at the ferry terminal which would be much easier?
I really want to see/travel on both the Flam railway from Myrdal to Flam, AND the Naeroyfjord but cannot seem to figure out how to do both. If we ferry to Flam we miss the fjord, if we ferry to Gudvagen we miss the railway. I know I must be missing something here but I just can’t figure it out.
Please help me,
Thank you, Michele
Norway in a Nutshell making me kind of nutty!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 2 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 3 Raining in rome
- 4 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 5 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 6 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 7 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 8 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 9 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 10 İstanbul Travel guide
- 11 To live in Cinque Terre National Park
- 12 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 13 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 14 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 15 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 16 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 17 Prague - cool & unusual things to see
- 18 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 19 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 20 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 21 Italian Lakes
- 22 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 23 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 24 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 25 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience