I'll be doing Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen this October and have 2 options to choose from. If I go via Voss, I'll only have 30 mins in Flam. But if I go via Myrdal, I'll have 4 hours in Flam (though the trip will start and end earlier/later in Bergen). It is essentially the same route just that it is done in opposite directions.
Would it be good to depart earlier from Bergen and stay in Flam for 4 hours? I checked that I could squeeze a 1h 30min tour to Stegastein lookout within that period. However, the train from Bergen to Myrdal starts at 7.57am and sun will only rise at 8.25am. Likewise, the Voss to Bergen train will depart at 6.40pm, after sunset. Will I miss out on anything?
For Bergen-Voss-Gudvangen-Flam-Myrdal-Bergen, the trip starts at 8.43am and ends at 6pm which is well within daylight hours. But I'll only have 20 mins in Flam (not enough time for a trip to Stegastein lookout).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 4 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 5 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 6 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 7 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 8 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 9 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 10 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 11 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 12 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 13 Germany train help!
- 14 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 15 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 16 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 17 Another tipping question: concierges
- 18 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 19 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 20 Interesting places to visit
- 21 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 24 Acropolis Athens
- 25 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station