I'll be doing Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen this October and have 2 options to choose from. If I go via Voss, I'll only have 30 mins in Flam. But if I go via Myrdal, I'll have 4 hours in Flam (though the trip will start and end earlier/later in Bergen). It is essentially the same route just that it is done in opposite directions.
Would it be good to depart earlier from Bergen and stay in Flam for 4 hours? I checked that I could squeeze a 1h 30min tour to Stegastein lookout within that period. However, the train from Bergen to Myrdal starts at 7.57am and sun will only rise at 8.25am. Likewise, the Voss to Bergen train will depart at 6.40pm, after sunset. Will I miss out on anything?
For Bergen-Voss-Gudvangen-Flam-Myrdal-Bergen, the trip starts at 8.43am and ends at 6pm which is well within daylight hours. But I'll only have 20 mins in Flam (not enough time for a trip to Stegastein lookout).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Baby Milk
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Tour groups
- 6 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 7 Layover Düsseldorf?
- 8 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 9 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 10 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 11 English Countryside
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 15 Corsica trekking late 2017
- 16 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 17 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 18 Driving in Italy?
- 19 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 20 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 21 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 22 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 25 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia