I'll be doing Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen this October and have 2 options to choose from. If I go via Voss, I'll only have 30 mins in Flam. But if I go via Myrdal, I'll have 4 hours in Flam (though the trip will start and end earlier/later in Bergen). It is essentially the same route just that it is done in opposite directions.
Would it be good to depart earlier from Bergen and stay in Flam for 4 hours? I checked that I could squeeze a 1h 30min tour to Stegastein lookout within that period. However, the train from Bergen to Myrdal starts at 7.57am and sun will only rise at 8.25am. Likewise, the Voss to Bergen train will depart at 6.40pm, after sunset. Will I miss out on anything?
For Bergen-Voss-Gudvangen-Flam-Myrdal-Bergen, the trip starts at 8.43am and ends at 6pm which is well within daylight hours. But I'll only have 20 mins in Flam (not enough time for a trip to Stegastein lookout).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 4 San Sebastián
- 5 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 6 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 7 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 8 italy Cinque Terre
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Can parking
- 16 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 17 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 18 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 21 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 22 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 23 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Zurich to Milan trip