I'll be doing Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen this October and have 2 options to choose from. If I go via Voss, I'll only have 30 mins in Flam. But if I go via Myrdal, I'll have 4 hours in Flam (though the trip will start and end earlier/later in Bergen). It is essentially the same route just that it is done in opposite directions.
Would it be good to depart earlier from Bergen and stay in Flam for 4 hours? I checked that I could squeeze a 1h 30min tour to Stegastein lookout within that period. However, the train from Bergen to Myrdal starts at 7.57am and sun will only rise at 8.25am. Likewise, the Voss to Bergen train will depart at 6.40pm, after sunset. Will I miss out on anything?
For Bergen-Voss-Gudvangen-Flam-Myrdal-Bergen, the trip starts at 8.43am and ends at 6pm which is well within daylight hours. But I'll only have 20 mins in Flam (not enough time for a trip to Stegastein lookout).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DELL@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 토토총판 총판토토 ♣kakao: BL45★텔레그램 : kor7m★
- 3 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 4 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 5 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 6 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 9 Madrird and Seville
- 10 Greece
- 11 Ludwig Castles
- 12 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 13 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 14 Lake Como AREA questions
- 15 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 16 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 17 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 18 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 19 Help on ancient history route
- 20 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 23 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 24 Iceland
- 25 Spain - day driver advice