I'll be doing Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen this October and have 2 options to choose from. If I go via Voss, I'll only have 30 mins in Flam. But if I go via Myrdal, I'll have 4 hours in Flam (though the trip will start and end earlier/later in Bergen). It is essentially the same route just that it is done in opposite directions.
Would it be good to depart earlier from Bergen and stay in Flam for 4 hours? I checked that I could squeeze a 1h 30min tour to Stegastein lookout within that period. However, the train from Bergen to Myrdal starts at 7.57am and sun will only rise at 8.25am. Likewise, the Voss to Bergen train will depart at 6.40pm, after sunset. Will I miss out on anything?
For Bergen-Voss-Gudvangen-Flam-Myrdal-Bergen, the trip starts at 8.43am and ends at 6pm which is well within daylight hours. But I'll only have 20 mins in Flam (not enough time for a trip to Stegastein lookout).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 2 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 3 France Study Abroad
- 4 London is it worth it?
- 5 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 6 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 7 free international phone calls
- 8 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 9 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 10 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 11 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 12 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 13 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 14 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 15 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 16 London 6 day itinerary
- 17 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 18 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 19 International drivers permit
- 20 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 21 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 22 Paris and Normandy
- 23 Sicily Beach Resort
- 24 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 25 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers