The 1st leg of out 4 week trip to Europe is to Norway for 6 days (starting April 27). Here is my thought. I thought 2 days in Oslo to adjust to the time change (coming from Seattle) and see the sights. Then take the train to Lillehamer. This is the main reason for the Norway stop, as my husbands grandparents came from Norway and there are some relatives in the nearby town of Vinstra. I think we should spent the night in Lillehamer (I believe Vinstra is too small to have accomodations), take a train to Vinstra and see if we can look up some family. Can we then take the train from Lillehamer to Bergen to do the Norway in a Nutshell tour, spending the night in Bergen? Back to Oslo for the night and fly out to London the next day. If this sounds reasonable, does anyone have any hotel recommendations for Lillehamer or Bergen for around $100 a night? I need an elevator or ground floor room, so no hiking up a mountain to get to the hotel please !
Norway help: Lillehamer hotels
- 1 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 2 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 3 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 4 San Lorenzo Market
- 5 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 6 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 7 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 8 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 9 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 10 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 11 Cuenca or Toledo
- 12 Nice
- 13 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 14 Parking in Florence, Italy
- 15 Norway experts needed.
- 16 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 17 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 18 Last monte Paris apartment
- 19 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 20 jungfraujoch mid june
- 21 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 22 Amalfi Coast and Transportation Help Needed
- 23 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 24 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 25 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests