My mother and I are taking a Princess Cruise from UK to Norway at the end of May. We don't want to go on excusrions organised by th cruiseline and would prefer to do our own thing. We would like to visit a fjord, but which one? We are quite happy just to walk around and explore, but would hate to miss something special. Here is our itinerary:
arrive Stavanger 7am, depart 4pm
scenic cruising - Helleslyt - 9am - 11am
arrive Geiranger 1pm - 7pm
Olden - 8am, depart 6pm
Bergen - 7am - 2pm
I am very grateful for any advice. I have planned all my trips with Fodors as you guys are so informative
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 3 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 4 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 7 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 8 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 9 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 10 Barcelona - places to stay
- 11 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 12 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 13 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 14 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 15 Christmas Markets 2017
- 16 Language to use in Belgium
- 17 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 18 Istanbul at Easter
- 19 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 20 Palermo Apartment
- 21 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 22 SURPRISE TRIP
- 23 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 24 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 25 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition