My mother and I are taking a Princess Cruise from UK to Norway at the end of May. We don't want to go on excusrions organised by th cruiseline and would prefer to do our own thing. We would like to visit a fjord, but which one? We are quite happy just to walk around and explore, but would hate to miss something special. Here is our itinerary:
arrive Stavanger 7am, depart 4pm
scenic cruising - Helleslyt - 9am - 11am
arrive Geiranger 1pm - 7pm
Olden - 8am, depart 6pm
Bergen - 7am - 2pm
I am very grateful for any advice. I have planned all my trips with Fodors as you guys are so informative
Norway cruise - day trip advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short Trip to Iceland - Lake Myvatn or Jokulsarlon?
- 2 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 3 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 4 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 5 Just starting to ponder a family trip to Iceland...
- 6 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 7 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 8 SIM card for eastern europe
- 9 Foie gras, redux
- 10 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 11 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 12 Southern France
- 13 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 14 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 15 italy
- 16 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 17 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 18 London in 3 days! Help with lodging, please!
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 21 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 22 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 23 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 24 What to wear
- 25 What still confounds you about travel?