My husband and I are planning to travel to Norway this summer, early June, along with our kids aged 10 and 5 (our first trip to Scandinavia)
We only have one week and out of that we were planning to spend 3 days in Stockholm, Sweden. Before that we are planning to start at Oslo and drive around till Bergen from where we can catch a flight to Stockholm.
Day 1: Fly into Oslo in the morning from Germany and spend one night there.
Day 2: Leave Oslo and drive on our own along a scenic route and stay the night at a place suitable to view the fjords. Would Voss be the right place to stop to view Sognefjord?? We also like to stay in luxurious hotels, so would like to make a stop at a place which has some nice hotels
Day 3: Visit some fjords (which ones are the most picturesque and do-able??). How long would it take to visit the fjords? Can we drive to Bergen the same day??
Day 4: Fly from Bergen to Stockholm.
Very confused as to which route we should take, where we should base ourselves and also which fjords to visit. Will it be too much of a drive all the way to Bergen? What is the one thing we should not miss???
Really look forward to some advice...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 2 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 3 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 4 Madrird and Seville
- 5 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 6 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 7 Greece
- 8 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 9 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 10 Help on ancient history route
- 11 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 12 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 13 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 14 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 15 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 16 Iceland
- 17 Spain - day driver advice
- 18 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 19 London with Teens Trip Report
- 20 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 21 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 22 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 23 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 24 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 25 Booking Irish Rail ticket