My husband and I are planning to travel to Norway this summer, early June, along with our kids aged 10 and 5 (our first trip to Scandinavia)
We only have one week and out of that we were planning to spend 3 days in Stockholm, Sweden. Before that we are planning to start at Oslo and drive around till Bergen from where we can catch a flight to Stockholm.
Day 1: Fly into Oslo in the morning from Germany and spend one night there.
Day 2: Leave Oslo and drive on our own along a scenic route and stay the night at a place suitable to view the fjords. Would Voss be the right place to stop to view Sognefjord?? We also like to stay in luxurious hotels, so would like to make a stop at a place which has some nice hotels
Day 3: Visit some fjords (which ones are the most picturesque and do-able??). How long would it take to visit the fjords? Can we drive to Bergen the same day??
Day 4: Fly from Bergen to Stockholm.
Very confused as to which route we should take, where we should base ourselves and also which fjords to visit. Will it be too much of a drive all the way to Bergen? What is the one thing we should not miss???
Really look forward to some advice...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 2 Barcelona alternative
- 3 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 7 Iceland early december visit
- 8 Frankfurt to UK
- 9 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 10 God Save the Queen?
- 11 Road trip with our dog
- 12 Milan or Turin
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 20 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Spanish Medical Providers
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris