So me and my friend are soon going for a 17days-long trip to Norway. We will be staying for 2 days in Bergen, then we will go through the national parks to Oslo, where we will be also staying for 2 days, before we take off back to Prague (Czech republic).
We have only 2 more weeks left before we go. We have most of the equipment needed now, but what we re not done with yet, is the exact route of our trip. Because we re not from Norway, it is quiet hard for us to include the things, that re really worth seeing, because we simply do not know what they are.
We have couchsurfers in Bergen as well as in Oslo and Odda. In odda, the host is so kind that he agreed to guide us on a Trolltunga trip.
"Checkpoints", that we will be going through are Bergen, Odda, Sognefjord, Geilo, Oslo. We plan to simply camp in the wilderness if couchsurfing will not be a possibility.
We have also managed to put up a list of what we think might be worth seeing, but again, that is just our opinion. Could you please tell us the main points of interest that we should not miss and any other things that are worth seeing and come up to your mind? We would really appreaciate i t as we are not citizens of Norway.
Also, few additional questions:
Any kind of map that you would recommend for orientation in the wilderness?
Any tips for some special food that we should take from home or some low cost food that is worth buying in Norway? Of course we plan to bring some cans and food like that with us, but still...
Are trecking shoes needed or will we be fine with more light-weight, running shoes?
Any other usefull tips and information is really welcomed and appreaciated.
Thank you a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris advice with kids
- 2 International drivers permit
- 3 Villa in Italy
- 4 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 5 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 6 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 7 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 8 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 9 Paris travel help
- 10 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 11 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 12 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 13 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 14 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 15 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 16 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 17 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 18 One night in the Dolomites
- 19 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 20 Airport Transit Visa
- 21 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 22 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 23 Where in Greece
- 24 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 25 Vatican tour