Could you please offer feedback on my 11 day Norway to Denmark trip in late August / early September? I will be traveling with my husband and 17 year old son. We are independent travels who have been to 40 plus countries and like to sample a little of everything a country has to offer.
Day 1 Depart USA
Day 2 Arrive Bergen 12:15
- Grieg Museum on the way from the airport
(Any chance to make the 13:00 piano recital?)
- Fish Market
- Bryggen Hanseatic Wharf
- Mount Floyen and the Funicular hike down from Promsgate
Day 3 Bergen to Flam via NIN train/bus/ferry route
-Bergen/Vos 08:45-9:56. Vos/Gudvangen 10:10-11:20, Gudvangen/Flam 11:45-14:10
or 12:56-14:15, 14:40-15:40, 15:45-17:50.
Is the later option too tight with just 5 min connection from the bus to the ferry?
Is Bergen worth the few extra hours in the morning?
Day 4 Flam
- train to Berekvam (17min) bike to Flam (1 hr w/o stops)
-Fjord Safari 2hr30min high speed boat though Nærøyfjord
Day 5 Flam
- kayaking 1.5 hr
-Borgund Stave Church - car rental?? bus tour??
Day 6 Flam to Oslo via train 08:35-14:45
- National Museum
- City Hall
- Opera House
Day 7 Oslo
- Oslo pass
- Resistance Museum/ Akershus Castle and Fortress
- Bygdoy Peninsula (Folk,Viking, Polar Ship Fram, and Kon Tiki Museums)
Day 8 Oslo
- Frogner Park
- Mathallen food market
15:00 overnight ferry to Copenhagen
Day 9 Copenhagen arrive 0945
(I didn’t fully plan yet, but basically the must sees using Rick Steves /Trip Advisor)
Day 10 Copenhagen
Day 11 Copenhagen depart early AM arrive back in US PM
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New Data Suggests the Best Time to Book Your Flight is 54 Days in Advance
- 2 advice on getting from Cardiff to Germany
- 3 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 4 Revised itinerary for italy
- 5 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 6 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 7 Biarritz family holiday
- 8 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 9 Lisbon hotel
- 10 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 11 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 12 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 13 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Italy
- 18 4 Days in Tuscany
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 21 Switzerland
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 24 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 25 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice