We are looking at going to Norway in May 2015.
We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 13 years.
We plan to arrive and depart from Oslo. We will be staying in Norway for approx.18 days.
We will be depending on public transport and will not be having a car.
We are not into adventure sports but like to take the ferries to see the fjords. Ideally we are interested in seeing all possible fjords and then we want to do the Atlantic Road trip by using public transport. We will not be taking any internal flights.
We do not want to rush and do the Norway in a Nutshell trip.
I am looking at staying in Oslo for 2-3 nights and then taking a train or bus up north and starting our trip downwards. Any advise is welcome. Please advise the conveniently located base towns where we can stay for each of the attractions.
Lastly which website should I refer to as there is little information available on Fodors.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First trip to Italy
- 2 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 3 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 4 London's Must Sights!
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 7 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 8 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 9 4 days in switzerland
- 10 Vienna or Budapest?
- 11 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 12 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 13 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 14 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 15 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 16 14 nights in Europe
- 17 French immersion courses in France
- 18 Berlin, germany
- 19 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 20 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 21 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 22 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 23 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 24 Ireland & Scotland
- 25 CDG airport