We are looking at going to Norway in May 2015.
We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 13 years.
We plan to arrive and depart from Oslo. We will be staying in Norway for approx.18 days.
We will be depending on public transport and will not be having a car.
We are not into adventure sports but like to take the ferries to see the fjords. Ideally we are interested in seeing all possible fjords and then we want to do the Atlantic Road trip by using public transport. We will not be taking any internal flights.
We do not want to rush and do the Norway in a Nutshell trip.
I am looking at staying in Oslo for 2-3 nights and then taking a train or bus up north and starting our trip downwards. Any advise is welcome. Please advise the conveniently located base towns where we can stay for each of the attractions.
Lastly which website should I refer to as there is little information available on Fodors.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in October!
- 2 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 3 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 4 travel fan 220v?
- 5 Moldova and Transnistria
- 6 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 7 Need advice on Seville-Tarifa/Tangier-Malaga itinerary
- 8 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 9 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 11 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 12 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 13 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 14 Barcelona - places to stay
- 15 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 16 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 17 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 18 B&Bs in Ireland
- 19 Zadar or Sibenik
- 20 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 21 Guide in Russia
- 22 Train travel
- 23 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 24 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 25 Switzerland for 2 weeks