We are looking at going to Norway in May 2015.
We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 13 years.
We plan to arrive and depart from Oslo. We will be staying in Norway for approx.18 days.
We will be depending on public transport and will not be having a car.
We are not into adventure sports but like to take the ferries to see the fjords. Ideally we are interested in seeing all possible fjords and then we want to do the Atlantic Road trip by using public transport. We will not be taking any internal flights.
We do not want to rush and do the Norway in a Nutshell trip.
I am looking at staying in Oslo for 2-3 nights and then taking a train or bus up north and starting our trip downwards. Any advise is welcome. Please advise the conveniently located base towns where we can stay for each of the attractions.
Lastly which website should I refer to as there is little information available on Fodors.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 2 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 3 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 6 How to rent a car
- 7 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 8 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 9 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 10 Day trips from Florence
- 11 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 12 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 13 St Denis Cathedral
- 14 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Perugia
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 May get together in Paris
- 19 Paris in September
- 20 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 21 First time in Bulgaria
- 22 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 25 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now