We are looking at going to Norway in May 2015.
We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 13 years.
We plan to arrive and depart from Oslo. We will be staying in Norway for approx.18 days.
We will be depending on public transport and will not be having a car.
We are not into adventure sports but like to take the ferries to see the fjords. Ideally we are interested in seeing all possible fjords and then we want to do the Atlantic Road trip by using public transport. We will not be taking any internal flights.
We do not want to rush and do the Norway in a Nutshell trip.
I am looking at staying in Oslo for 2-3 nights and then taking a train or bus up north and starting our trip downwards. Any advise is welcome. Please advise the conveniently located base towns where we can stay for each of the attractions.
Lastly which website should I refer to as there is little information available on Fodors.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Safety in Rome
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Crete Holiday
- 8 Athens Help
- 9 One free day in Barcelona
- 10 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 11 Apartment Montreux area
- 12 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 17 base in brussels
- 18 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 19 Rome or Venice first
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam