We are looking at going to Norway in May 2015.
We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 13 years.
We plan to arrive and depart from Oslo. We will be staying in Norway for approx.18 days.
We will be depending on public transport and will not be having a car.
We are not into adventure sports but like to take the ferries to see the fjords. Ideally we are interested in seeing all possible fjords and then we want to do the Atlantic Road trip by using public transport. We will not be taking any internal flights.
We do not want to rush and do the Norway in a Nutshell trip.
I am looking at staying in Oslo for 2-3 nights and then taking a train or bus up north and starting our trip downwards. Any advise is welcome. Please advise the conveniently located base towns where we can stay for each of the attractions.
Lastly which website should I refer to as there is little information available on Fodors.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 2 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 3 LIsbon
- 4 London Hotels
- 5 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 6 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 7 Luggage Storage
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 10 Paris hotels
- 11 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 12 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 13 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 14 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 15 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 16 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 17 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 18 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 19 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 Back from Paris
- 22 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 23 Summer Travel order
- 24 10 days in Paris and......
- 25 Another tipping question: concierges