We are looking at going to Norway in May 2015.
We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 13 years.
We plan to arrive and depart from Oslo. We will be staying in Norway for approx.18 days.
We will be depending on public transport and will not be having a car.
We are not into adventure sports but like to take the ferries to see the fjords. Ideally we are interested in seeing all possible fjords and then we want to do the Atlantic Road trip by using public transport. We will not be taking any internal flights.
We do not want to rush and do the Norway in a Nutshell trip.
I am looking at staying in Oslo for 2-3 nights and then taking a train or bus up north and starting our trip downwards. Any advise is welcome. Please advise the conveniently located base towns where we can stay for each of the attractions.
Lastly which website should I refer to as there is little information available on Fodors.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks Europe trip
- 2 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 3 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 4 Cordoba Overnight?
- 5 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 6 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 7 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 8 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 9 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 10 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 11 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 12 dinner jackets
- 13 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 14 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 15 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 16 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 17 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 18 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 19 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 20 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 21 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 22 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 23 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Piedmont as a destination