Following hubby (who goes on work) to London in July. Would like to add on a week at either the Lake District or other English countryside, and the toss is between Lakes or Wales. Have two kids under 12 - any suggestions on where and how? Would ideally like to rent cottages by the week, and drive around with one or max two bases and do outdoorsy stuff. Very initial stages right now so any inputs are welcome. And, also, any suggestions on a reasonably priced serviced apartment for 4 in Central London? Thanks in advance!
Northern Wales or the Lake District?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 2 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 3 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 4 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 5 Food tours in Rome?
- 6 Rome Food Tour
- 7 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 8 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 9 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 10 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 11 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 12 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 13 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 14 Italy and Croatia
- 15 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 16 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 17 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 18 Kimhe--flamenco
- 19 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 20 Autumn in Paris
- 21 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 22 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 23 England/EPL family vacation
- 24 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 25 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris