Following hubby (who goes on work) to London in July. Would like to add on a week at either the Lake District or other English countryside, and the toss is between Lakes or Wales. Have two kids under 12 - any suggestions on where and how? Would ideally like to rent cottages by the week, and drive around with one or max two bases and do outdoorsy stuff. Very initial stages right now so any inputs are welcome. And, also, any suggestions on a reasonably priced serviced apartment for 4 in Central London? Thanks in advance!
Northern Wales or the Lake District?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling to Munich
- 2 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 3 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 4 Avignon to London?
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 7 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 8 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 9 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 10 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 11 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 12 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 13 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 14 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 15 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 16 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 17 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 18 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 19 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 20 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 23 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 24 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 25 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?