First trip to Italy
We're booked from 9/21 to 10/5 Fly into Venice and out of Pisa.
6 people age range is 50-79
We want to visit places and see what makes them special, get the feel and vibe of the place,
We enjoy good food and wine, but would not consider us Foodies, do like to visit wineries and taste.
Not really an artsy crowd don't want to fill the trip with Museums, churches , palaces. If its really special and a must see we're all in
and of course the ladies like to shop, nice stuff on a budget not looking for Versace
Any Recommended Tours , or personal tour guides?
Venice from 9/21-9/24
We've an apartment near the San Zaccaria ACTV stop
Looking for Restaurant Rec's
Is San Marco Basilica / Doges palace worth the visit?
9/24 back to Marco Polo to pick up two rental cars Drive to Bagni di Lucca
We've rented a house in this small village north of Lucca, that we're using as a base for day trips, my wife's grand parents are from this town.
Places we're thinking of but we are not limited to these,and we like small cute villages with shops, food , enoteca, wineries
Florence (Academmia Galleria, Mercato Centrale)
Lucca (The wall)
Pisa (The Field)
Cinc Terre (not sure at all we're not hikers, is the coastal drive OK , is there parking)
Rome one day there and back on Trenitalia for Vatican and anything else
Looking for Ideas / Things to see and do shopping and restaurant and winery rec's.
Thanks in advance for all of the advice I'll be filing a trip report when i get back ciao al
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 2 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 3 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 Thinking about the Fjords
- 6 Athens Help
- 7 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 8 Rome to Venice
- 9 Alitala
- 10 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 11 Bordeaux to Nice
- 12 Whathello Paris
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 15 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 16 One free day in Barcelona
- 17 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 18 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 19 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 20 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 21 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 22 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 23 Travel in Europe
- 24 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21
Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
First trip to Italy