First trip to Italy
We're booked from 9/21 to 10/5 Fly into Venice and out of Pisa.
6 people age range is 50-79
We want to visit places and see what makes them special, get the feel and vibe of the place,
We enjoy good food and wine, but would not consider us Foodies, do like to visit wineries and taste.
Not really an artsy crowd don't want to fill the trip with Museums, churches , palaces. If its really special and a must see we're all in
and of course the ladies like to shop, nice stuff on a budget not looking for Versace
Any Recommended Tours , or personal tour guides?
Venice from 9/21-9/24
We've an apartment near the San Zaccaria ACTV stop
Looking for Restaurant Rec's
Is San Marco Basilica / Doges palace worth the visit?
9/24 back to Marco Polo to pick up two rental cars Drive to Bagni di Lucca
We've rented a house in this small village north of Lucca, that we're using as a base for day trips, my wife's grand parents are from this town.
Places we're thinking of but we are not limited to these,and we like small cute villages with shops, food , enoteca, wineries
Florence (Academmia Galleria, Mercato Centrale)
Lucca (The wall)
Pisa (The Field)
Cinc Terre (not sure at all we're not hikers, is the coastal drive OK , is there parking)
Rome one day there and back on Trenitalia for Vatican and anything else
Looking for Ideas / Things to see and do shopping and restaurant and winery rec's.
Thanks in advance for all of the advice I'll be filing a trip report when i get back ciao al
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 3 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Which Train Station in Venice
- 6 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 8 Uber vs. TfL
- 9 What fresh hell is this?
- 10 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 11 Greek Village
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Bordeaux to Nice
- 14 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 15 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 16 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 17 SE ITALY
- 18 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 19 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 20 One free day in Barcelona
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 23 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
First trip to Italy