We are planning trip (me, my wife and 2 years old daughter) in the middle of September for 2 weeks in Spain - Pyrenees area.
Current plan is to land in Barcelona, rent a car and drive to Pyrenees to enjoy our vacation.
I was wondering if you could recommend on 2 places to stay, where we could rent an apartment and use as a base, so we could go and have hiking trips (up to 10 km per day) and will come back in the evening.
It would be great to have few restaurants, supermarket and swimming pool in this small village/town. Lakes and beautiful landscapes are important as well .
We had similar trip last year in Dolomites and stayed in Ortisei (pointed out by community) and it was great, all hiking trips were accessible, buses, supermarket, bakery, swimming pool.
So we are looking for something similar.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 4 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 5 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 6 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 7 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 10 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 11 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 12 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 13 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 14 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 15 Salamanca Spain - stay in town or nearby?
- 16 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 17 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 18 Nice/Monaco Train Question
- 19 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 20 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 21 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 base for Andalucia
- 24 Coastal Denmark
- 25 How to leave Slovenia for US?