We are planning trip (me, my wife and 2 years old daughter) in the middle of September for 2 weeks in Spain - Pyrenees area.
Current plan is to land in Barcelona, rent a car and drive to Pyrenees to enjoy our vacation.
I was wondering if you could recommend on 2 places to stay, where we could rent an apartment and use as a base, so we could go and have hiking trips (up to 10 km per day) and will come back in the evening.
It would be great to have few restaurants, supermarket and swimming pool in this small village/town. Lakes and beautiful landscapes are important as well .
We had similar trip last year in Dolomites and stayed in Ortisei (pointed out by community) and it was great, all hiking trips were accessible, buses, supermarket, bakery, swimming pool.
So we are looking for something similar.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 2 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 3 Self drive tour companies
- 4 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 5 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 6 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 10 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 11 Praiano
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 14 Help please
- 15 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 18 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 19 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 20 Rome to venice
- 21 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 24 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy