My husband and I are booked for 4 days in Madrid in 2 weeks. We are trying to decide whether to head north from there, to Bilboa, and the San Sebastion area for a few days, or south to Granda, Seville and Cordova. Since it is winter time, will all of the restaurants be open in the northern area? It seems that it is a very "beachy" area, so wondering about that, also although I speak some Spanish, if the Basque language spoken will be a potential problem. Also, If we do decide to go north is it recommende to drive, or take a train to Bilboa and then pick up a car there. Thanks!
northern or southern Spain in mid January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 2 Provence planning
- 3 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 4 Scottland for a day!
- 5 Paris Shuttle Transport
- 6 England, Paris itinerary help
- 7 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 8 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 9 Emilia Romagna Region
- 10 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 11 Transportation directly from Malpensa to place other than Milan
- 12 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report
- 15 The Italian Riviera: A review.
- 16 In Less Than 48 Hours, Chisinau and Transnistria
- 17 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 18 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 19 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 20 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 21 Shipping bags home
- 22 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 23 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 24 Germany for 3 weeks
- 25 Isle of Skye Lodging