My husband and I are booked for 4 days in Madrid in 2 weeks. We are trying to decide whether to head north from there, to Bilboa, and the San Sebastion area for a few days, or south to Granda, Seville and Cordova. Since it is winter time, will all of the restaurants be open in the northern area? It seems that it is a very "beachy" area, so wondering about that, also although I speak some Spanish, if the Basque language spoken will be a potential problem. Also, If we do decide to go north is it recommende to drive, or take a train to Bilboa and then pick up a car there. Thanks!
northern or southern Spain in mid January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels that we found special
- 2 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 3 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 6 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 7 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 8 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 9 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 10 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 11 Too many Trip Reports
- 12 Great London Bars with a view
- 13 Rome Food Tour
- 14 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 15 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 16 Art in Paris
- 17 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 18 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 19 Rental car while in Ireland
- 20 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 21 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 22 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 23 St Germain
- 24 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 25 First Time to UK since 2001