My husband and I are booked for 4 days in Madrid in 2 weeks. We are trying to decide whether to head north from there, to Bilboa, and the San Sebastion area for a few days, or south to Granda, Seville and Cordova. Since it is winter time, will all of the restaurants be open in the northern area? It seems that it is a very "beachy" area, so wondering about that, also although I speak some Spanish, if the Basque language spoken will be a potential problem. Also, If we do decide to go north is it recommende to drive, or take a train to Bilboa and then pick up a car there. Thanks!
northern or southern Spain in mid January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 2 London 2nd time around
- 3 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 4 Edinburgh - outings?
- 5 Croatia-Slovenia-Austria Itinerary Help!
- 6 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 7 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 8 Andaluzia - where to stay in Seville and Malaga?
- 9 London sites - skipping the queue?
- 10 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 11 Day Trips From Stockton-on-Tees
- 12 What to wear
- 13 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 14 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 15 London Pass - Available through AAA?
- 16 Disneyland Paris transportation
- 17 Budapest hotels - Ibis Heroes or Ibis Budapest City
- 18 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 19 7 Nights in Paris
- 20 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 21 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 22 Istanbul Itinerary
- 23 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 24 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 25 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY