My husband and I are booked for 4 days in Madrid in 2 weeks. We are trying to decide whether to head north from there, to Bilboa, and the San Sebastion area for a few days, or south to Granda, Seville and Cordova. Since it is winter time, will all of the restaurants be open in the northern area? It seems that it is a very "beachy" area, so wondering about that, also although I speak some Spanish, if the Basque language spoken will be a potential problem. Also, If we do decide to go north is it recommende to drive, or take a train to Bilboa and then pick up a car there. Thanks!
northern or southern Spain in mid January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 2 VISA question
- 3 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 4 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 5 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 6 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 7 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 8 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 9 France,Spain,Italy
- 10 Which european city?
- 11 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 12 Schengen Visa Rules
- 13 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 14 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 15 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 16 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 17 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 18 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 19 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 20 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 23 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 24 All Set To Go!!
- 25 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea