My husband and I are booked for 4 days in Madrid in 2 weeks. We are trying to decide whether to head north from there, to Bilboa, and the San Sebastion area for a few days, or south to Granda, Seville and Cordova. Since it is winter time, will all of the restaurants be open in the northern area? It seems that it is a very "beachy" area, so wondering about that, also although I speak some Spanish, if the Basque language spoken will be a potential problem. Also, If we do decide to go north is it recommende to drive, or take a train to Bilboa and then pick up a car there. Thanks!
northern or southern Spain in mid January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 2 Spain- Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park
- 3 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 4 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 5 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 6 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 7 I'm in a funk
- 8 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 9 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 10 Ireland driving vacation
- 11 Bike touring in France
- 12 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 13 Things to do near Nice
- 14 Student Visas/Schengen Zone
- 15 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 16 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 17 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 18 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 19 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 20 Mama Mia Italy!
- 21 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 22 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 23 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 24 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 25 Germany Visa for conference