My husband and I are booked for 4 days in Madrid in 2 weeks. We are trying to decide whether to head north from there, to Bilboa, and the San Sebastion area for a few days, or south to Granda, Seville and Cordova. Since it is winter time, will all of the restaurants be open in the northern area? It seems that it is a very "beachy" area, so wondering about that, also although I speak some Spanish, if the Basque language spoken will be a potential problem. Also, If we do decide to go north is it recommende to drive, or take a train to Bilboa and then pick up a car there. Thanks!
northern or southern Spain in mid January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 3 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 4 Sicily - not a trip report
- 5 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 6 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 7 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 8 Fashion for larger man?
- 9 car rental advice in Portugal
- 10 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 11 Fjords, How To?
- 12 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 13 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 14 Duoro river cruises
- 15 What to wear
- 16 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 17 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 18 Budget for 3 Month's
- 19 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 22 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 23 Suggestions for trip to England with preteen girls 11 & 13?
- 24 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 25 Traveling in France by train