My husband and I are booked for 4 days in Madrid in 2 weeks. We are trying to decide whether to head north from there, to Bilboa, and the San Sebastion area for a few days, or south to Granda, Seville and Cordova. Since it is winter time, will all of the restaurants be open in the northern area? It seems that it is a very "beachy" area, so wondering about that, also although I speak some Spanish, if the Basque language spoken will be a potential problem. Also, If we do decide to go north is it recommende to drive, or take a train to Bilboa and then pick up a car there. Thanks!
northern or southern Spain in mid January?
- 1 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 2 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 3 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 4 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 5 15 days in Central Europe
- 6 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 7 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!
- 8 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 9 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 10 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 11 Which tour company would be best?
- 12 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 13 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 14 Musée Marmottan - anything there?
- 15 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 16 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 17 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 18 Scenic train Milan - Paris
- 19 London at Xmas
- 20 Sardinia in July
- 21 Foggia Day Trip
- 22 Barcelona to Positano
- 23 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 24 London Evening Activity
- 25 Paris Perfect: change of apartment