My husband and I are booked for 4 days in Madrid in 2 weeks. We are trying to decide whether to head north from there, to Bilboa, and the San Sebastion area for a few days, or south to Granda, Seville and Cordova. Since it is winter time, will all of the restaurants be open in the northern area? It seems that it is a very "beachy" area, so wondering about that, also although I speak some Spanish, if the Basque language spoken will be a potential problem. Also, If we do decide to go north is it recommende to drive, or take a train to Bilboa and then pick up a car there. Thanks!
northern or southern Spain in mid January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 3 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 4 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 7 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 8 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 9 nearby cities to london
- 10 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 11 London hotel
- 12 Prague - Tram #22
- 13 A drive in Europe
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 16 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 17 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 18 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 19 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 20 Where to stay in Rome
- 21 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 22 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 23 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 24 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 25 Italy Apartment What To Bring