My husband and I are booked for 4 days in Madrid in 2 weeks. We are trying to decide whether to head north from there, to Bilboa, and the San Sebastion area for a few days, or south to Granda, Seville and Cordova. Since it is winter time, will all of the restaurants be open in the northern area? It seems that it is a very "beachy" area, so wondering about that, also although I speak some Spanish, if the Basque language spoken will be a potential problem. Also, If we do decide to go north is it recommende to drive, or take a train to Bilboa and then pick up a car there. Thanks!
northern or southern Spain in mid January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 2 Itinerary help
- 3 England in 7 days
- 4 Berlin to Prague via Dresden
- 5 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 6 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 7 Day Trips from Paris
- 8 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 9 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 10 Spanish Music
- 11 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 12 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review
- 13 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 14 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 15 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 16 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 17 Arles as a base?
- 18 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 19 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 20 Travel from Budapest to Rovinj, Croatia
- 21 Recommend a tour company?
- 22 Ireland's west coast
- 23 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?
- 24 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 25 2 different itineraries