We will be travelling to Northern Italy for 7 days 5 nights in July with two kids (3 and 7). Landing in Milan and renting a car. On the one hand I don’t want to do too much driving, on the other I of course want to get to see as much as possible…..
My planned itinerary looks like this –
Day 1 – Milan (sleep in Milan)
Day 2 – Lake Como and driving a bit north (sleep at Teglio near the Swiss border)
Day 3 – drive to the Dolomites (sleep for two nights in the Ortisei area, explore the Dolomites)
Day 5 – Drive south (sleep at Mestre near Venice)
Day 6 – Visit Venice (sleep near Verona)
Day 7 – visit Verona (fly out of Milan at 11pm).
It looks to me that we would be driving no more than about 2 hours a day, which seems manageable.
Would like to hear if you think that this is a good plan and any suggestions about changes/kids attractions along the rout.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 IWM
- 2 London Hotel - Different Request
- 3 Seville to Cordoba
- 4 3 nights in Madrid
- 5 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 6 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 7 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 8 Travelling Iceland
- 9 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 10 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 11 Portugal rental car
- 12 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 13 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 14 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 15 Trastevere Food
- 16 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 17 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 18 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 19 Sim Cards
- 20 Nightime Tivoli
- 21 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 22 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 23 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 24 Amalfi Coast
- 25 Montserrat Express