We will be travelling to Northern Italy for 7 days 5 nights in July with two kids (3 and 7). Landing in Milan and renting a car. On the one hand I don’t want to do too much driving, on the other I of course want to get to see as much as possible…..
My planned itinerary looks like this –
Day 1 – Milan (sleep in Milan)
Day 2 – Lake Como and driving a bit north (sleep at Teglio near the Swiss border)
Day 3 – drive to the Dolomites (sleep for two nights in the Ortisei area, explore the Dolomites)
Day 5 – Drive south (sleep at Mestre near Venice)
Day 6 – Visit Venice (sleep near Verona)
Day 7 – visit Verona (fly out of Milan at 11pm).
It looks to me that we would be driving no more than about 2 hours a day, which seems manageable.
Would like to hear if you think that this is a good plan and any suggestions about changes/kids attractions along the rout.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 4 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 5 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 6 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 7 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 8 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 9 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 10 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 11 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 12 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 13 Germany train help!
- 14 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 15 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 16 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 17 Another tipping question: concierges
- 18 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 19 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 20 Interesting places to visit
- 21 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 24 Acropolis Athens
- 25 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station