We will be travelling to Northern Italy for 7 days 5 nights in July with two kids (3 and 7). Landing in Milan and renting a car. On the one hand I don’t want to do too much driving, on the other I of course want to get to see as much as possible…..
My planned itinerary looks like this –
Day 1 – Milan (sleep in Milan)
Day 2 – Lake Como and driving a bit north (sleep at Teglio near the Swiss border)
Day 3 – drive to the Dolomites (sleep for two nights in the Ortisei area, explore the Dolomites)
Day 5 – Drive south (sleep at Mestre near Venice)
Day 6 – Visit Venice (sleep near Verona)
Day 7 – visit Verona (fly out of Milan at 11pm).
It looks to me that we would be driving no more than about 2 hours a day, which seems manageable.
Would like to hear if you think that this is a good plan and any suggestions about changes/kids attractions along the rout.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 4 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 5 Athens Help
- 6 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 11 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 17 Alitala
- 18 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 19 celticmoon, a quick question
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 What fresh hell is this?
- 22 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 23 Which Train Station in Venice
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 25 Greek Village