We will be travelling to Northern Italy for 7 days 5 nights in July with two kids (3 and 7). Landing in Milan and renting a car. On the one hand I don’t want to do too much driving, on the other I of course want to get to see as much as possible…..
My planned itinerary looks like this –
Day 1 – Milan (sleep in Milan)
Day 2 – Lake Como and driving a bit north (sleep at Teglio near the Swiss border)
Day 3 – drive to the Dolomites (sleep for two nights in the Ortisei area, explore the Dolomites)
Day 5 – Drive south (sleep at Mestre near Venice)
Day 6 – Visit Venice (sleep near Verona)
Day 7 – visit Verona (fly out of Milan at 11pm).
It looks to me that we would be driving no more than about 2 hours a day, which seems manageable.
Would like to hear if you think that this is a good plan and any suggestions about changes/kids attractions along the rout.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 2 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 3 London 2For1 question
- 4 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 6 Fastest travel from Malpensa to Port of Genoa
- 7 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 8 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 9 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 10 7 days in Greece
- 11 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 12 Venice
- 13 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 14 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 15 Another Book List for Italy
- 16 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 17 Last night in Sweden
- 18 Best Itinerary for 15 Days?
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 21 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 22 charming cities in Spain
- 23 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 24 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 Itinerary Help for Portugal