We will be travelling to Northern Italy for 7 days 5 nights in July with two kids (3 and 7). Landing in Milan and renting a car. On the one hand I don’t want to do too much driving, on the other I of course want to get to see as much as possible…..
My planned itinerary looks like this –
Day 1 – Milan (sleep in Milan)
Day 2 – Lake Como and driving a bit north (sleep at Teglio near the Swiss border)
Day 3 – drive to the Dolomites (sleep for two nights in the Ortisei area, explore the Dolomites)
Day 5 – Drive south (sleep at Mestre near Venice)
Day 6 – Visit Venice (sleep near Verona)
Day 7 – visit Verona (fly out of Milan at 11pm).
It looks to me that we would be driving no more than about 2 hours a day, which seems manageable.
Would like to hear if you think that this is a good plan and any suggestions about changes/kids attractions along the rout.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 2 Paris in August
- 3 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 6 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 7 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 10 Getting around London
- 11 Valencia Spain
- 12 Wine Tasting in France
- 13 Iceland in January/February
- 14 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 15 Favorite Champagne houses in Reims and surrounding area
- 16 The DCC scam is spreading
- 17 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 18 Moldova and Transnistria
- 19 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 20 Places to visit from Zurich
- 21 Loire Valley restaurants
- 22 Rome Water Shortage
- 23 Justairports.com or Heathrow Express?
- 24 Appenzell in December?
- 25 Driving in Italy