We will be travelling to Northern Italy for 7 days 5 nights in July with two kids (3 and 7). Landing in Milan and renting a car. On the one hand I don’t want to do too much driving, on the other I of course want to get to see as much as possible…..
My planned itinerary looks like this –
Day 1 – Milan (sleep in Milan)
Day 2 – Lake Como and driving a bit north (sleep at Teglio near the Swiss border)
Day 3 – drive to the Dolomites (sleep for two nights in the Ortisei area, explore the Dolomites)
Day 5 – Drive south (sleep at Mestre near Venice)
Day 6 – Visit Venice (sleep near Verona)
Day 7 – visit Verona (fly out of Milan at 11pm).
It looks to me that we would be driving no more than about 2 hours a day, which seems manageable.
Would like to hear if you think that this is a good plan and any suggestions about changes/kids attractions along the rout.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 2 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 3 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 4 Kayaking in Avignon
- 5 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 6 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 7 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 8 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 9 4 days in Provence in early June
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 12 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 13 Cordoba Overnight?
- 14 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 15 Sintra
- 16 France Itinerary Advice
- 17 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 18 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 22 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 23 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 24 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 25 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?