My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First timer
- 2 Rental car pick up (Venice) and drop off (Florence) question
- 3 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 4 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 5 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 6 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 7 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 8 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 9 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 10 Greece, Italy Or Swiss in Late Oct ??
- 11 Italy in 3 days
- 12 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 13 Getting Around Toledo
- 14 four old ladies in spain
- 15 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 16 Our Next Europe Trip
- 17 South of France - TR in Pictures
- 18 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 19 Looking for music in Istanbul
- 20 Rental Car in Austria
- 21 From Schipol to ?
- 22 Planning our Honeymoon
- 23 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 24 Is this too much? 10 days in Italy
- 25 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?