My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 3 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 4 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 5 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 8 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 9 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 10 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 11 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 12 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 Apartment Montreux area
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 17 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 18 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 19 An evening in London
- 20 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 21 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 22 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 23 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 24 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 25 Rome or Venice first
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?