My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 weeks: Great Britain, France, Italy, The Netherlands
- 2 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 3 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 4 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 5 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 6 Irish Countryside in 1 day
- 7 Naples to Pompeii
- 8 Cell phones in France and England
- 9 Algarve,Portugal at Christmas?
- 10 Stability and safety in Turkey
- 11 Parking in Italy
- 12 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 13 sim card
- 14 Plan Italy trip
- 15 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 16 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 17 apartments florence
- 18 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 19 Italy Tuscany or Umbria, Naples area advice please
- 20 Florence, Italy
- 21 Italy trains question
- 22 Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
- 23 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 24 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 25 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?