My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help in completing trip details
- 2 Avoid Europcar!
- 3 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 4 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 5 Which area to stay in London
- 6 Scotland - We're Here!
- 7 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 8 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 9 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 10 Madrid food advice needed
- 11 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 12 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 13 Split to Hvar
- 14 Paris for children
- 15 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 16 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 17 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 18 Algarve - is it for me?
- 19 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 20 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 21 Itinery help Crete
- 22 Naples + Walking Tour
- 23 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 24 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 25 TIM in FCO - update
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?