My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Calling Jamikins
- 2 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 3 A drive in Europe
- 4 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 5 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 6 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 7 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 8 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 9 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 10 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 11 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 12 Europe in 21 days
- 13 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 14 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 15 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 16 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 17 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 18 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 19 UK for 12 days !
- 20 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 21 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 22 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 23 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 24 London hotel
- 25 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace