My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 2 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 3 Andalucia itinerary help
- 4 Hotel in Paris
- 5 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 6 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 7 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 8 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 9 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 10 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 11 Traffic fine one year later! What to do?
- 12 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 13 Mont St. Michele?
- 14 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 15 Berlin: evening dining
- 16 Alhambra questions
- 17 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?
- 18 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 19 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 20 LHR to Victoria by Tube - Best Place to Transfer
- 21 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 22 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 23 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 24 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 25 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?