My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Questions...
- 2 Bulle/Charmey (Gruyere region)
- 3 Most time saving way of travelling
- 4 Do French people dislike Americans?
- 5 Where to visit around Toulouse
- 6 SIXT car rental uk
- 7 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 8 Norwegian Air to offer $69 flights US to Europe
- 9 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 10 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 11 Trip Help: 3-4 weeks in July
- 12 Holding bags in Paris
- 13 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 14 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 15 Breakfast by Roman Colosseum Suggestions?
- 16 England/Scotland In January questions
- 17 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 18 Paris GTG - October 21
- 19 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 20 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 21 Skiing Zermatt
- 22 Visiting Rungis on October 9, 2015
- 23 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 24 Around Geneva?
- 25 15 Days in Italy - Cost breakdown & notes
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?