My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 2 What one thing in Paris?
- 3 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 4 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 5 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 6 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 7 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 8 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 9 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 10 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 11 penis enlargement cream+27764457572 USA/UK/FLORIDA/DUBAI/BRASIL/UAE
- 12 Help with Itineray Central Europe
- 13 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 14 Paris Under Seige...
- 15 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 16 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 17 Global Travel Warning...
- 18 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 19 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 20 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 21 Beaches via Public Transportation
- 22 Turkey Gulet Cruises
- 23 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 24 6 days in Portugal in December
- 25 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?