My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Language to use in Belgium
- 4 Getting around London
- 5 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 6 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 7 WWI sites
- 8 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Paris in August
- 11 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 12 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 13 Christmas in Spain
- 14 Germany-Car or Train
- 15 Brussels flower tapestry
- 16 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 17 Lake Como,Italy
- 18 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 19 Valencia Spain
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 22 Places to visit from Zurich
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?