My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 2 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 3 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 4 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 5 2 weeks Europe trip
- 6 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 7 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 8 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 9 mountain views near London
- 10 12 days in and out of Barcelona-where to go?
- 11 Cordoba Overnight?
- 12 Seville, Cordoba, Ronda, Granada Trip Report
- 13 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 14 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 15 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 16 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 17 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 19 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 20 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 21 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 22 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 23 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 24 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 25 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?