My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid
- 2 Camino No-No
- 3 Ireland train system: first class??
- 4 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 5 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 6 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 7 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 8 Satisfying sweet tooth in Scotland
- 9 Minimum age to rent a hotel or hostel room
- 10 apartment
- 11 Athens, Greece, hotel recommendations
- 12 travel insurance
- 13 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 14 Best way to tour Sicily?
- 15 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 16 Anciet Brits Were Cannibals
- 17 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 18 Powerscourt OR Glendalough?
- 19 London and nearby suggestions
- 20 Brighton-bath Uk
- 21 Suggestions for a week in Europe
- 22 Southeast Sicily for 10 days
- 23 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning
- 24 Logistics for Rental Car in Spain
- 25 SIM cards in Italy,Germany, Austria, & Czech Republic