My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 5 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 6 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 7 Copenhagen Weekend with Family
- 8 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 9 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 10 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 11 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 12 To Paris and Provence in June
- 13 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 14 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 15 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 16 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 17 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 18 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 19 London for Christmas
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 21 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 22 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 23 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 24 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 25 Apartments in Rome