My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?
- 1 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 2 Edinburgh
- 3 Vacation rental in Provence
- 4 Which tour company would be best?
- 5 Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Fuessen - Last Bus
- 6 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 7 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 8 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 9 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 10 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 11 Battlefield Tour
- 12 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 13 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 14 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 15 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 16 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 17 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 18 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 19 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 20 Renting an apartment in Edinburgh
- 21 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 22 Help needed on 3 week itinerary to Croatia and Slovenia
- 23 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 24 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 25 Turkish Itinerary suggestions?