My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 This developed exclusive combo of clinically based
- 3 Flamenco Shows
- 4 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 5 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 6 Overnight Train Questions
- 7 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 8 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 9 Non Airport Location for Car Drop off locations for Madrid
- 10 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 11 Berlin>Dresden>Prague
- 12 What to see in Dresden...
- 13 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 14 Croatia in late April
- 15 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 16 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 17 Italy - best two central locations
- 18 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)
- 19 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 20 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 21 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 22 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 23 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 24 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 25 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?