My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 2 Gstaad, trip for 2 days
- 3 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 4 Relaxing destinations?
- 5 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 6 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 7 What clothes?
- 8 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 9 tipping
- 10 Advice about Naples?
- 11 Can I drive in Europe with a US license?
- 12 Florence-Uffizi and Accademia guided tour
- 13 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 14 Alsace Accommodations
- 15 Where to stay in lavender country in Provence?
- 16 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 17 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 18 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 19 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 20 Need advice on Mt. Rigi hike from Lucerne
- 21 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 22 Switzerland/Italian Lakes Itinerary Help
- 23 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 24 Tips question
- 25 Visiting Cornwall without a car?
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?