My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 2 Macedonia - the land of sun!
- 3 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 4 Norfolk base
- 5 RFID Protection
- 6 3 days to spend in europe
- 7 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 8 Drinks in Spain
- 9 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 10 12 days europe
- 11 Beaches in Southern France
- 12 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 13 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 14 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 15 Travelling to Shiroka Luka, Bulgaria
- 16 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 17 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 18 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 19 Spain Itinerary Help
- 20 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 21 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 22 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 23 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 24 Ali
- 25 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?