My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 2 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 3 Bregenz or Lindau
- 4 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 5 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 6 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 7 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 8 Weekend in Norfolk
- 9 Winter in Paris
- 10 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 11 I need some big advice!
- 12 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 13 Last full day in Paris - Canal St Martin area.
- 14 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 15 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 16 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 17 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 18 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 19 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 20 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 21 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 22 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 23 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 24 Best beach town in Italy?
- 25 Italy and Croatia