My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 2 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 3 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 6 Interesting places to visit
- 7 Budapest in December 2017
- 8 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 9 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 10 Petrol in Greece
- 11 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 12 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 15 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 16 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 17 International Flight Question
- 18 Dijon in December!
- 19 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 20 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 21 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 24 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 25 6-7 Days in France
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?