My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...
- 2 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 3 Colmar, France - What do do for family visit?
- 4 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 5 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 6 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 7 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 8 Trains Austria
- 9 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 10 Trains
- 11 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 12 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 13 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 14 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 15 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 16 Denmark cycle tour
- 17 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 18 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 19 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 20 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 21 Train from Sarlat
- 22 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 23 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 24 Naples vs Sorrento
- 25 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help