My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 2 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 3 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 4 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 5 What to wear
- 6 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 7 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 8 Fashion for larger man?
- 9 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 10 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 13 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 14 London 2nd time around
- 15 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 16 Traveling in France by train
- 17 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 18 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 19 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 20 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 21 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 22 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 23 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 24 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 25 Traveling to Eastern Europe