My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bring Europe to My Kitchen. Please.
- 2 20 free days of Europe
- 3 BNL machines in Italy
- 4 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 5 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 6 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 7 Planning Advice!
- 8 BNL ATMs
- 9 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 10 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 11 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 12 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 13 Portland, Maine GTG
- 14 Help with itinerary
- 15 Northern Italy with Kids?
- 16 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 17 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 18 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 19 England and Wales by public transport
- 20 Berlin restaurant recs
- 21 italy itinerary
- 22 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 23 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 24 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 25 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?