My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 2 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 3 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 4 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 5 http://utrimcleanseblog.com/zyalix/
- 6 Trans-Siberia Train
- 7 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 8 A week driving in Bavaria
- 9 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 10 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 11 PLITVICE LAKES
- 12 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 13 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 14 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 15 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 16 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 17 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 18 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 19 written guide for Olympia
- 20 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 21 Naxos hotel question
- 22 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 23 Avignon or St. remy
- 24 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 25 Spain / Barcelona, Seville & Toledo - May 2017
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?