My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 2 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 3 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 4 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 5 Air pollution in Paris
- 6 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 7 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 8 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 9 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 10 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 11 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 12 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 13 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 14 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 15 France, Italy and Greec
- 16 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 17 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 18 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 19 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 20 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 21 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 22 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 23 Naxos in May
- 24 Belfast to Scotland help
- 25 20 days in Germany