My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?
- 1 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 2 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 3 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 4 Venice in Jan
- 5 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 6 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 7 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 8 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 9 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 10 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 11 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 12 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 13 Prague Main Train Station
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 16 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 17 woman dining alone in Barcelona: where to eat?
- 18 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 19 British drivers
- 20 Trip around Spain
- 21 Berlin
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 24 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 25 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.