My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 2 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 3 One day in Paris!
- 4 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 5 Six Days to get From Athens to Rome
- 6 Rome Walking Guide
- 7 Four Awesome Weeks in the North of Spain and Catalunya
- 8 Swiss Travel Pass for US citizens
- 9 I want to buy a European flat iron
- 10 Lisbon transportation
- 11 PAY ATTENTION AT TERMINI TRAIN STATION
- 12 driving loop in Normandy
- 13 Reserving Trains During the Off-Season
- 14 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 15 French Basque country
- 16 Eating Our Way Through Paris...Again! Trip Report
- 17 Lake Maggiore?
- 18 Last Supper Tickets Milan
- 19 Seeking help on my 12 days trip from Switzerland to Austria
- 20 Iceland - reservations for tours in advance?
- 21 Rental property in Berner Oberland?
- 22 Three girls in Naples
- 23 HELP! Mediolanum Forum Assago, Italy??
- 24 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 25 Arcona living munchen or Pullman Munich
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?