My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 2 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 3 10 days in England
- 4 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 5 Spain Portugal 2015 schedule
- 6 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 7 Italy things to do?
- 8 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 9 Spend the day in Geneva or go straight to Chamonix?
- 10 Questions about the Chateau de Vincennes
- 11 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 12 Whose repsonsible?
- 13 Spending money in Italy?
- 14 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 15 stop in lisboa or not
- 16 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 17 Croacia in october
- 18 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 19 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 20 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 21 Sweet 16 Iceland Trip -- suggestions please
- 22 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 23 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 24 Getting From Italy to London
- 25 Stay away from EF Tours