My mother and I will be in Northern Italy in mid-October 2013 after the end of a cruise. The cruise finishes in Venice, then we'll have 4 days to explore before taking a flight out of Florence. We like hiking, wine, scenery and good food. We may take in a museum or two, but prefer outdoors if the weather is good. Mom isn't much of a city person, so some small quaint towns would be great... What are some good places to visit in between Venice and Florence? Also, train or car?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Northern Italy - Venice to Florence - where should we visit in between?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 2 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 3 Euro Quiz #44 - Museum Pourri
- 4 Making reservations in Italy
- 5 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 6 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 7 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 8 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 9 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 10 GPS with rental car in Europe
- 11 Potential trip - Balkans
- 12 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 13 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 14 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 15 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 16 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 17 16 day Trip to Spain - Advise on Itinerary
- 18 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 19 Is this realistic... advice?
- 20 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 21 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 22 Age for booking a hotel?
- 23 Amboise to Carcassonne, where to stop?
- 24 Satnav maps update
- 25 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?