My fiance and I are in the preliminary stages of planning our honey moon for next August (2016). We are planning on going to the south of France and northern Italy. We are limited to 2 weeks total for our trip. We would like to have plenty of relaxing time in addition to sight seeing as this trip will immediately follow our wedding.
So far we are thinking:
Day 1: Arrive in Nice (early AM) and travel to Cannes
Day 2: Cannes
Day 3: Cannes
Day 4: Cannes (Day trip to Monaco)
Day 5: AM travel to Cinque Terre
Day 6: Cinque Terre
Day 7 Cinque Terre
Day 8:AM travel to Florence
Day 9: Florence
Day 10: Florence (wine tour)
Day 11: Florence (potential day trip to Pisa)
Day 12: AM travel to either Lake Garda or Milan
Day 13: Lake Garda or Milan
Day 14: Mid-morning flight back to US out of Milan
I am wondering if it is worth it to try and get Lake Garda (or Lake Como) into to the trip or if our time will be better spend in Milan. I was envisioning spending our last couple of days relaxing by the water but I don't want to miss out on Milan if it is a must see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 2 Alitala
- 3 SE ITALY
- 4 renting
- 5 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 6 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 7 6 Days in Italy
- 8 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 9 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 10 Which Hotel in Rome
- 11 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 12 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 13 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 14 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 15 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 16 Stu Tower
- 17 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 20 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 21 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 22 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 23 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 24 Helpful Hint
- 25 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa