My fiance and I are in the preliminary stages of planning our honey moon for next August (2016). We are planning on going to the south of France and northern Italy. We are limited to 2 weeks total for our trip. We would like to have plenty of relaxing time in addition to sight seeing as this trip will immediately follow our wedding.
So far we are thinking:
Day 1: Arrive in Nice (early AM) and travel to Cannes
Day 2: Cannes
Day 3: Cannes
Day 4: Cannes (Day trip to Monaco)
Day 5: AM travel to Cinque Terre
Day 6: Cinque Terre
Day 7 Cinque Terre
Day 8:AM travel to Florence
Day 9: Florence
Day 10: Florence (wine tour)
Day 11: Florence (potential day trip to Pisa)
Day 12: AM travel to either Lake Garda or Milan
Day 13: Lake Garda or Milan
Day 14: Mid-morning flight back to US out of Milan
I am wondering if it is worth it to try and get Lake Garda (or Lake Como) into to the trip or if our time will be better spend in Milan. I was envisioning spending our last couple of days relaxing by the water but I don't want to miss out on Milan if it is a must see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 2 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 3 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 4 Budapest in December 2017
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 8 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 11 Korean Messages
- 12 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 13 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 14 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 15 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 16 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 17 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 18 Acropolis Athens
- 19 5 Days in Switzerland
- 20 6-7 Days in France
- 21 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 24 Getting to Bolivia
- 25 Dresden: How Many Nights?