I am looking for some advice on an itinerary we are trying to put together for the first part of our trip to Europe. There are four of us and we arrive in rome on the 11th june and are already set in stone to stay there until the 16th, advice on a day trip from Rome would be great but otherwise we are pretty set for what we want to see there.
The plan is that we will travel north as far as Milan before getting our train to Switzerland. The places we are hoping to go to are Florence, Tuscany (maybe San Gimignano), Cinque Terre, maybe Lucca, Venice and Milan. I am just struggling with how long in each, even though its going to be quite busy we are keen to stay in Cinque Terre for a night if it works out, With Milan we would be glad to look around but our main aim there is to get onto the next stage in our trip. All up at the moment we are thinking of spending 14-17 days doing this. We will be travelling by train so our length of travel is flexible due to travel times.
Thank ye all for any advice ye can put our way.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 2 3 nights in Madrid
- 3 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 4 Trip to Switzerland
- 5 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 6 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 7 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 8 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 9 Rome hotel
- 10 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 11 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 12 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 13 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 14 Seville to Cordoba
- 15 London Hotel - Different Request
- 16 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 17 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 18 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 19 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 20 London 6 day itinerary
- 21 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 22 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 23 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 24 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 25 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast