I am looking for some advice on an itinerary we are trying to put together for the first part of our trip to Europe. There are four of us and we arrive in rome on the 11th june and are already set in stone to stay there until the 16th, advice on a day trip from Rome would be great but otherwise we are pretty set for what we want to see there.
The plan is that we will travel north as far as Milan before getting our train to Switzerland. The places we are hoping to go to are Florence, Tuscany (maybe San Gimignano), Cinque Terre, maybe Lucca, Venice and Milan. I am just struggling with how long in each, even though its going to be quite busy we are keen to stay in Cinque Terre for a night if it works out, With Milan we would be glad to look around but our main aim there is to get onto the next stage in our trip. All up at the moment we are thinking of spending 14-17 days doing this. We will be travelling by train so our length of travel is flexible due to travel times.
Thank ye all for any advice ye can put our way.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 2 Madrid/Lisbon
- 3 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 4 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 6 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 7 Rome-Itinerary
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 Walking itinerary in England?
- 10 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 11 Where are the ALERT buttons for unreadable Asian-language messages?
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 14 Killarney
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 Ireland itinerary help please
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 19 Italy bus or train
- 20 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 21 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 22 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 23 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 24 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 25 Greek fuel cost