I am looking for some advice on an itinerary we are trying to put together for the first part of our trip to Europe. There are four of us and we arrive in rome on the 11th june and are already set in stone to stay there until the 16th, advice on a day trip from Rome would be great but otherwise we are pretty set for what we want to see there.
The plan is that we will travel north as far as Milan before getting our train to Switzerland. The places we are hoping to go to are Florence, Tuscany (maybe San Gimignano), Cinque Terre, maybe Lucca, Venice and Milan. I am just struggling with how long in each, even though its going to be quite busy we are keen to stay in Cinque Terre for a night if it works out, With Milan we would be glad to look around but our main aim there is to get onto the next stage in our trip. All up at the moment we are thinking of spending 14-17 days doing this. We will be travelling by train so our length of travel is flexible due to travel times.
Thank ye all for any advice ye can put our way.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 4 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 5 Borghese Gallery Question
- 6 Sim Card
- 7 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 8 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 9 Airline to Rome
- 10 Finland around Christmas time?
- 11 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 14 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 17 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 18 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 19 Transport for local Venice travel
- 20 London vacation rental agency
- 21 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 SE ITALY
- 24 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 25 Granada in April; add Malaga?