I am looking for some advice on an itinerary we are trying to put together for the first part of our trip to Europe. There are four of us and we arrive in rome on the 11th june and are already set in stone to stay there until the 16th, advice on a day trip from Rome would be great but otherwise we are pretty set for what we want to see there.
The plan is that we will travel north as far as Milan before getting our train to Switzerland. The places we are hoping to go to are Florence, Tuscany (maybe San Gimignano), Cinque Terre, maybe Lucca, Venice and Milan. I am just struggling with how long in each, even though its going to be quite busy we are keen to stay in Cinque Terre for a night if it works out, With Milan we would be glad to look around but our main aim there is to get onto the next stage in our trip. All up at the moment we are thinking of spending 14-17 days doing this. We will be travelling by train so our length of travel is flexible due to travel times.
Thank ye all for any advice ye can put our way.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 2 Itinerary Tweaking
- 3 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 4 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 5 House Hunting in France
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 If you had to choose one......
- 8 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 9 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 10 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 11 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 12 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 13 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 14 Ireland in April
- 15 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 18 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 19 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 20 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 21 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 22 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 23 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 24 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 25 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?