I will be travelling with my fiance for two weeks to Italy at the beginning of June 2013 and we would like to know other people's opinion about our potential trip.
We will be arriving and leaving from Rome by plane, and planning on travelling by train in Italy. Having already been to Rome and Venice, we would like to visit some new destinations and focus on sightseeing with fewer crowds and enjoying good food.
We'd like to spend a couple of days in Rome, then head over to Bologna for two days, Mandova for two days, then Verona (trying to catch an opera showing during the opera festival) for 2 days. From Verona, either Venice or Milan then the other, each for a couple of days.
Are we missing any interesting sights and/or places where there might be good food not to be missed?
We do not want to be rushed, so are trying to limit ourselves to only a few cities. We are wondering whether we can fit in a day at Cinque Terre as well, but it appears to be out of the way, and we are afraid of losing too much time in transit?
Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 2 Utrecht plus ?? beginning of July with family
- 3 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 4 Florence to Pisa Round Trip
- 5 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 6 European travel, what to see?
- 7 Scenic route from Montepuciano to Siena
- 8 Provence and Amalfi Small Town bases
- 9 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 10 Trip Report: Family4travels to Barcelona and Morocco: tapas, Gaudi, tents & tangines
- 11 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 12 4 nights in Tuscany- Pls help with the plan.
- 13 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 14 What train stop in Salerno?
- 15 Norway in November
- 16 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 17 France to stop making foie grois
- 18 Sentimental Journey
- 19 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 20 Bilboa to Madrid
- 21 Rain forecast Provence next Sunday and Monday. Any suggestions?
- 22 cheap balloon ride in Cappadocia, Turkey?
- 23 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 24 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 25 Drive from Munich to Prague to Budapest to Vienna and return to Munich