I will be travelling with my fiance for two weeks to Italy at the beginning of June 2013 and we would like to know other people's opinion about our potential trip.
We will be arriving and leaving from Rome by plane, and planning on travelling by train in Italy. Having already been to Rome and Venice, we would like to visit some new destinations and focus on sightseeing with fewer crowds and enjoying good food.
We'd like to spend a couple of days in Rome, then head over to Bologna for two days, Mandova for two days, then Verona (trying to catch an opera showing during the opera festival) for 2 days. From Verona, either Venice or Milan then the other, each for a couple of days.
Are we missing any interesting sights and/or places where there might be good food not to be missed?
We do not want to be rushed, so are trying to limit ourselves to only a few cities. We are wondering whether we can fit in a day at Cinque Terre as well, but it appears to be out of the way, and we are afraid of losing too much time in transit?
Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 2 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 3 Italy,Austria,Germany driving vacation
- 4 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 5 Rain boots for Baltic cruise?
- 6 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 7 Basque region of Spain and France in 10 days with kids
- 8 Want to visit Ville Ephrussi
- 9 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 10 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 11 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 12 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 13 Milan/Lake Como questions
- 14 Barcelona to Marseille (Toulon)
- 15 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 16 Car rental in Santorini port
- 17 Tuscany - Chianti / Val d'Orcia
- 18 What's an IDTGV Train?
- 19 Iceland Stopover Late September
- 20 EasyBus from CDG - reliable?
- 21 4 days in Scotland
- 22 Norway in Nutshell - weather
- 23 Greece- Santorini Hotels
- 24 Switzerland 5 days
- 25 Need help in deciding itinerary to visit places around Lucerne