I will be travelling with my fiance for two weeks to Italy at the beginning of June 2013 and we would like to know other people's opinion about our potential trip.
We will be arriving and leaving from Rome by plane, and planning on travelling by train in Italy. Having already been to Rome and Venice, we would like to visit some new destinations and focus on sightseeing with fewer crowds and enjoying good food.
We'd like to spend a couple of days in Rome, then head over to Bologna for two days, Mandova for two days, then Verona (trying to catch an opera showing during the opera festival) for 2 days. From Verona, either Venice or Milan then the other, each for a couple of days.
Are we missing any interesting sights and/or places where there might be good food not to be missed?
We do not want to be rushed, so are trying to limit ourselves to only a few cities. We are wondering whether we can fit in a day at Cinque Terre as well, but it appears to be out of the way, and we are afraid of losing too much time in transit?
Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 2 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 3 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 4 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 5 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 6 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 7 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 8 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 9 Iceland Day 5
- 10 Holland/France/Spain
- 11 Scotland Trip
- 12 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 13 Montenegro in September
- 14 3 week stay in Scotland
- 15 Paris, France
- 16 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 17 sfo to europe
- 18 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 19 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 20 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 21 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 22 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 23 What one thing in Paris?
- 24 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 25 Rue des Rosiers