I will be travelling with my fiance for two weeks to Italy at the beginning of June 2013 and we would like to know other people's opinion about our potential trip.
We will be arriving and leaving from Rome by plane, and planning on travelling by train in Italy. Having already been to Rome and Venice, we would like to visit some new destinations and focus on sightseeing with fewer crowds and enjoying good food.
We'd like to spend a couple of days in Rome, then head over to Bologna for two days, Mandova for two days, then Verona (trying to catch an opera showing during the opera festival) for 2 days. From Verona, either Venice or Milan then the other, each for a couple of days.
Are we missing any interesting sights and/or places where there might be good food not to be missed?
We do not want to be rushed, so are trying to limit ourselves to only a few cities. We are wondering whether we can fit in a day at Cinque Terre as well, but it appears to be out of the way, and we are afraid of losing too much time in transit?
Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to take to Germany
- 2 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 3 4 week trip Turkey
- 4 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 5 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 6 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 7 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 8 Scotland Trip
- 9 Holiday in Austria
- 10 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 11 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 12 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 13 What one thing in Paris?
- 14 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 17 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 18 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 19 Paris Under Seige...
- 20 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 21 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 22 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 23 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 24 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 25 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015