I will be travelling with my fiance for two weeks to Italy at the beginning of June 2013 and we would like to know other people's opinion about our potential trip.
We will be arriving and leaving from Rome by plane, and planning on travelling by train in Italy. Having already been to Rome and Venice, we would like to visit some new destinations and focus on sightseeing with fewer crowds and enjoying good food.
We'd like to spend a couple of days in Rome, then head over to Bologna for two days, Mandova for two days, then Verona (trying to catch an opera showing during the opera festival) for 2 days. From Verona, either Venice or Milan then the other, each for a couple of days.
Are we missing any interesting sights and/or places where there might be good food not to be missed?
We do not want to be rushed, so are trying to limit ourselves to only a few cities. We are wondering whether we can fit in a day at Cinque Terre as well, but it appears to be out of the way, and we are afraid of losing too much time in transit?
Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated!
northern italy in 2 weeks
- 1 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 4 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 5 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 6 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 7 A full week in The Netherlands
- 8 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 9 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 10 Itinerary Questions
- 11 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 16 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 17 Lake como
- 18 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 19 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 20 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 23 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 24 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 25 Train travel in Europe