We are traveling to Milan (due to a fabulous airline sale!!) for one week in mid March (11-17). We are a family of 5 (kids are 14, 17, 22) and don't want to kill ourselves by going to too many destinations, its a very short trip. (BTW got ATL to Milan for 432 a person!!)
How many days should we spend in Milan? What all is there to do?
We were thinking of going to Venice. How long to stay there?
Anyplace else we should see? Should we attempt a cross into Switzerland, a day in Florence, etc, etc?
We are active and like off the beaten path type activities plus normal tourist activities. Have a music obsessed son, so we will be looking for cool record stores wherever we go. Our middle daughter is into fashion, shopping, and theater. Our oldest will want to find a good bar/pub and mingle with the locals. My husband and I will just be happy to be in Italy and eating!!
Any suggestions and thoughts are appreciated. This was a spur of the moment decision due to the sale, so I want to go ahead and lock in my hotels/airbnb's!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in London
- 2 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 3 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 4 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 5 Self drive tour companies
- 6 scotland
- 7 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Ischia
- 10 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 11 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 12 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 13 Barcelona
- 14 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 15 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 16 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 17 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 18 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 19 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 20 No Periods in British Written English!
- 21 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 25 Dinner get-together in Paris?