We are traveling to Milan (due to a fabulous airline sale!!) for one week in mid March (11-17). We are a family of 5 (kids are 14, 17, 22) and don't want to kill ourselves by going to too many destinations, its a very short trip. (BTW got ATL to Milan for 432 a person!!)
How many days should we spend in Milan? What all is there to do?
We were thinking of going to Venice. How long to stay there?
Anyplace else we should see? Should we attempt a cross into Switzerland, a day in Florence, etc, etc?
We are active and like off the beaten path type activities plus normal tourist activities. Have a music obsessed son, so we will be looking for cool record stores wherever we go. Our middle daughter is into fashion, shopping, and theater. Our oldest will want to find a good bar/pub and mingle with the locals. My husband and I will just be happy to be in Italy and eating!!
Any suggestions and thoughts are appreciated. This was a spur of the moment decision due to the sale, so I want to go ahead and lock in my hotels/airbnb's!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What tips can you give about packing?
- 2 Portugal - 2 week honeymoon itinerary - Looking for feedback
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 5 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 6 One night in Rome
- 7 Sintra
- 8 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 9 How the kids age calculated
- 10 Murren to Prague
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 13 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 14 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 15 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 16 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 17 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 18 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 19 Scotland Trip Report
- 20 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 21 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 22 Cordoba Overnight?
- 23 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 24 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 25 car rental in Dubrovnik