We are traveling to Milan (due to a fabulous airline sale!!) for one week in mid March (11-17). We are a family of 5 (kids are 14, 17, 22) and don't want to kill ourselves by going to too many destinations, its a very short trip. (BTW got ATL to Milan for 432 a person!!)
How many days should we spend in Milan? What all is there to do?
We were thinking of going to Venice. How long to stay there?
Anyplace else we should see? Should we attempt a cross into Switzerland, a day in Florence, etc, etc?
We are active and like off the beaten path type activities plus normal tourist activities. Have a music obsessed son, so we will be looking for cool record stores wherever we go. Our middle daughter is into fashion, shopping, and theater. Our oldest will want to find a good bar/pub and mingle with the locals. My husband and I will just be happy to be in Italy and eating!!
Any suggestions and thoughts are appreciated. This was a spur of the moment decision due to the sale, so I want to go ahead and lock in my hotels/airbnb's!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another Question re Scotland
- 2 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 3 Dalmation coast in October?
- 4 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 6 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 7 credit and debit cards
- 8 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 9 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 10 Swiss rail disruption near Luzern
- 11 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 12 Where to stay in Umbria
- 13 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 14 Cinque Terre Area & Coastal Day Activities
- 15 First Trip to Ireland
- 16 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 17 Greece or Croatia OR Croatia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy
- 18 Train up the Jungfrau
- 19 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Tattoos in Italy
- 22 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 23 Charming areas to explore in London
- 24 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 25 Anniversary Trip to Ireland