Hello Expert Travelers,
My husband and I are headed to Ireland in August for 8 days and I need help with our itinerary. We would like to have time to get off the beaten path... but I don't know enough to figure out where the path is. We like vegan/vegetarian food, friendly pubs, castles, old cemeteries and I wouldn't mind stopping at a good hot yoga studio for a class. This is what I have thus far:
Day 1 - Dublin (after arrival at 0900). Staying at the Fleet Street Temple Bar. This is a day to shop and go to pubs.
Day 2 - Monaghan - we have family there so we are stopping to say hello & spend the night.
Day 3 - Drive to Belfast & spending the night at the Merchant Hotel. Planning on taking a black taxi tour of the city.
Day 4 - Drive to Portrush?
Day 5 - Drive to Donegal? My husband's family came to the US from Donegal in 1770, so we wanted to stop here.
Day 6 - ??
Day 7 -?? - Someplace headed back towards Dublin.
Day 8 - Back to Dublin and staying in Fitzpatrick Hotel
Day 9 - Leave
We have different interests than what's listed in most travel books, so I am hoping to get some good suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 2 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 3 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 4 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 5 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 6 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 7 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 8 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 9 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 10 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 11 Norway Itinerary
- 12 train or plane
- 13 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 14 A Month stay in Southern France
- 15 restaurants in Marais district
- 16 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 17 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 18 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 19 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 20 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 21 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 22 Shoes in Scotland
- 23 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 24 Alsace for 5 days and 6 more days- where???
- 25 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
Northern Ireland - 8 days vegan, crafts, yoga, cemeteries...
Hello Expert Travelers,