Hello Expert Travelers,
My husband and I are headed to Ireland in August for 8 days and I need help with our itinerary. We would like to have time to get off the beaten path... but I don't know enough to figure out where the path is. We like vegan/vegetarian food, friendly pubs, castles, old cemeteries and I wouldn't mind stopping at a good hot yoga studio for a class. This is what I have thus far:
Day 1 - Dublin (after arrival at 0900). Staying at the Fleet Street Temple Bar. This is a day to shop and go to pubs.
Day 2 - Monaghan - we have family there so we are stopping to say hello & spend the night.
Day 3 - Drive to Belfast & spending the night at the Merchant Hotel. Planning on taking a black taxi tour of the city.
Day 4 - Drive to Portrush?
Day 5 - Drive to Donegal? My husband's family came to the US from Donegal in 1770, so we wanted to stop here.
Day 6 - ??
Day 7 -?? - Someplace headed back towards Dublin.
Day 8 - Back to Dublin and staying in Fitzpatrick Hotel
Day 9 - Leave
We have different interests than what's listed in most travel books, so I am hoping to get some good suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinqueterre
- 2 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 3 Central and Northern Italy
- 4 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 5 Car rental Pick up location in Florence and drop off in Venice
- 6 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 7 Riviera (Italian and French) Vs Como and The Alps in June
- 8 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 9 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 10 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 11 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 12 stonehenge day trip from london
- 13 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 14 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 15 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 16 Scotland Trip Report
- 17 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 18 Charming areas to explore in London
- 19 Trip to Ireland in September
- 20 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 21 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 22 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 23 Cornwall UK
- 24 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 25 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
Northern Ireland - 8 days vegan, crafts, yoga, cemeteries...
Hello Expert Travelers,