My family and I had wanted to go to Nice, FR or Amalfi and wanted to swim in the Mediterranean. However, my daughter is in medical school and only has 17 days off in December because of an accelerated program she is in. Obviously if we go to those places in December we wouldn't be able to swim (I don't think) so we are thinking of putting off that trip for another year.
The problem is, we are not sure where to go in December. Have been to Germany, London, Paris and Tuscany already. What about Norway, Sweden and Finland in December? Is it too cold or, would that be a good itinerary for winter travel? Would we be able to do the Norway in a Nutshell tour and see the fjords? Or if not, could we have some recommendations please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Scotland itinerary advice
- 3 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 4 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 5 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 8 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 9 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 10 Places to visit from Zurich
- 11 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 12 SURPRISE TRIP
- 13 The DCC scam is spreading
- 14 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 15 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 16 Positano Hotel in September
- 17 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 18 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 19 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 20 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 21 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 22 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 23 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 24 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 25 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?