My family and I had wanted to go to Nice, FR or Amalfi and wanted to swim in the Mediterranean. However, my daughter is in medical school and only has 17 days off in December because of an accelerated program she is in. Obviously if we go to those places in December we wouldn't be able to swim (I don't think) so we are thinking of putting off that trip for another year.
The problem is, we are not sure where to go in December. Have been to Germany, London, Paris and Tuscany already. What about Norway, Sweden and Finland in December? Is it too cold or, would that be a good itinerary for winter travel? Would we be able to do the Norway in a Nutshell tour and see the fjords? Or if not, could we have some recommendations please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 2 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 3 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 4 Amalfi or Positano
- 5 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 6 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 7 Public Transport information App/Website
- 8 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 9 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 10 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 11 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 12 12 Days in Italy
- 13 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 14 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 15 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 16 house exchange
- 17 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 18 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 19 Poland in September
- 20 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 21 Croatia travel ideas
- 22 Taormina, Sicily
- 23 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 24 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 25 River Boat Cruise