My family and I had wanted to go to Nice, FR or Amalfi and wanted to swim in the Mediterranean. However, my daughter is in medical school and only has 17 days off in December because of an accelerated program she is in. Obviously if we go to those places in December we wouldn't be able to swim (I don't think) so we are thinking of putting off that trip for another year.
The problem is, we are not sure where to go in December. Have been to Germany, London, Paris and Tuscany already. What about Norway, Sweden and Finland in December? Is it too cold or, would that be a good itinerary for winter travel? Would we be able to do the Norway in a Nutshell tour and see the fjords? Or if not, could we have some recommendations please!
Northern Europe in the Winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 2 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 3 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 4 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 5 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 6 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 7 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 8 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 9 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 10 Croatia itinerary
- 11 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 12 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 13 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 14 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 15 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 16 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 17 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 18 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 19 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 20 Visit to Bath and London england
- 21 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 22 10 days in England
- 23 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 24 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 25 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??