My family and I had wanted to go to Nice, FR or Amalfi and wanted to swim in the Mediterranean. However, my daughter is in medical school and only has 17 days off in December because of an accelerated program she is in. Obviously if we go to those places in December we wouldn't be able to swim (I don't think) so we are thinking of putting off that trip for another year.
The problem is, we are not sure where to go in December. Have been to Germany, London, Paris and Tuscany already. What about Norway, Sweden and Finland in December? Is it too cold or, would that be a good itinerary for winter travel? Would we be able to do the Norway in a Nutshell tour and see the fjords? Or if not, could we have some recommendations please!
Northern Europe in the Winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 2 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 3 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 4 Font de Gaume Reservations Available Again
- 5 10 Day Itinerary in Italy?
- 6 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 7 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 8 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 9 Marry in Venice travel to Florence, Rome, AC, Naples
- 10 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 11 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 12 What's your suggestion ????
- 13 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 14 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 15 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 16 A guide to Madrid
- 17 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 18 Prague for a week?
- 19 Lake Garda self-catering for 4 adults & 2 children
- 20 Amasra Turkey for one day - what to do?
- 21 Exchanging CD$ for Euro's
- 22 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 23 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 24 Germany and Switzerland
- 25 Isle of Skye Lodging