My family and I had wanted to go to Nice, FR or Amalfi and wanted to swim in the Mediterranean. However, my daughter is in medical school and only has 17 days off in December because of an accelerated program she is in. Obviously if we go to those places in December we wouldn't be able to swim (I don't think) so we are thinking of putting off that trip for another year.
The problem is, we are not sure where to go in December. Have been to Germany, London, Paris and Tuscany already. What about Norway, Sweden and Finland in December? Is it too cold or, would that be a good itinerary for winter travel? Would we be able to do the Norway in a Nutshell tour and see the fjords? Or if not, could we have some recommendations please!
Northern Europe in the Winter?
- 1 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 2 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 3 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 4 Chambermaid tipping
- 5 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 6 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 9 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 10 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 11 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 12 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 7 days in Andalucia
- 15 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 18 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 19 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 20 London for Christmas
- 21 Belgium
- 22 Navigo Decouverte
- 23 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 24 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 25 More help with housing in Puglia