My family and I had wanted to go to Nice, FR or Amalfi and wanted to swim in the Mediterranean. However, my daughter is in medical school and only has 17 days off in December because of an accelerated program she is in. Obviously if we go to those places in December we wouldn't be able to swim (I don't think) so we are thinking of putting off that trip for another year.
The problem is, we are not sure where to go in December. Have been to Germany, London, Paris and Tuscany already. What about Norway, Sweden and Finland in December? Is it too cold or, would that be a good itinerary for winter travel? Would we be able to do the Norway in a Nutshell tour and see the fjords? Or if not, could we have some recommendations please!
Northern Europe in the Winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 2 London hotel tax is 20%
- 3 Finalizing our Austria and Switzerland trip - last minute advice?
- 4 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 5 Aaah...Umbria!
- 6 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 7 Cheap way to go from milan to munich, Salzburg, Berlin then back to milan
- 8 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 9 Ghent or Paris?
- 10 Trip Report: Arles, Dordogne and Paris, June-July 2014
- 11 Weather in the dolomites
- 12 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 13 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 14 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 15 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 16 Help for San Sebastian
- 17 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 18 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 19 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 20 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 21 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 22 Portugal - Coastal Guidance
- 23 German Rail Pass Questions
- 24 Timing for Lavender Fields in Provence for 2015 Trip
- 25 Provence : So many places too little time