My family and I had wanted to go to Nice, FR or Amalfi and wanted to swim in the Mediterranean. However, my daughter is in medical school and only has 17 days off in December because of an accelerated program she is in. Obviously if we go to those places in December we wouldn't be able to swim (I don't think) so we are thinking of putting off that trip for another year.
The problem is, we are not sure where to go in December. Have been to Germany, London, Paris and Tuscany already. What about Norway, Sweden and Finland in December? Is it too cold or, would that be a good itinerary for winter travel? Would we be able to do the Norway in a Nutshell tour and see the fjords? Or if not, could we have some recommendations please!
Northern Europe in the Winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 First time to Switzerland
- 3 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 4 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 5 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 6 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 7 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 8 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 9 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 10 Eastern Europe
- 11 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 12 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 13 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 14 Switzerland help...?
- 15 Base for a Week in Normandy or Brittany in July
- 16 Airport ATMs
- 17 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 18 London to Paris by train
- 19 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 20 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 21 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 22 4 weeks in the UK
- 23 Granada
- 24 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 25 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Ulysses S. Grant's European Tour?