My family and I had wanted to go to Nice, FR or Amalfi and wanted to swim in the Mediterranean. However, my daughter is in medical school and only has 17 days off in December because of an accelerated program she is in. Obviously if we go to those places in December we wouldn't be able to swim (I don't think) so we are thinking of putting off that trip for another year.
The problem is, we are not sure where to go in December. Have been to Germany, London, Paris and Tuscany already. What about Norway, Sweden and Finland in December? Is it too cold or, would that be a good itinerary for winter travel? Would we be able to do the Norway in a Nutshell tour and see the fjords? Or if not, could we have some recommendations please!
Northern Europe in the Winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 2 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 3 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 4 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- 5 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 6 Heli Tour
- 7 What are the best places to see in England
- 8 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 9 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 10 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 11 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 12 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 13 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 14 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 15 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 16 Estonia Amber
- 17 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 18 Tight Planning?
- 19 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 20 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 21 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 22 Travel with Teens
- 23 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 24 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 25 One week in Venice - trips