We are planning our honeymoon to Italy; also our first trip to Italy and need advice on whether to visit:
- North of Italy* or South of Italy (including Amalfi Coast, Capri, Sorrento, Sicily and open to other suggestions).
*We want to visit Cinque Terre but not sure how we can get there. I am aware we can take the train city to city once we are there.
Fly in to Rome
Train from Rome to Florence
Car rental for the rest of Tuscany (Siena, Cinque Terre etc.)
Train from Tuscany to Venice
Not sure what's the best way to get to Lake Como, train or car from Venice?
Not sure what's the best way to get to Milan, train or car?
Train from Milan to Barcelona, Spain
Fly home from Barcelona, Spain
We have about 20 days for travel and if possible would like to see both north and south of Italy together with Barcelona.
Please advise best itinerary for the time we have and also advise best transportation mode from place to place if possible.
Thank you in advance for your help and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 2 Night Bus?
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 5 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 6 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 8 Spain in November
- 9 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 10 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 11 Shall we Gdansk?
- 12 What Car Rental Agency in Italy?
- 13 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 14 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 15 3 days outside Venice
- 16 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 17 Jewish Vienna
- 18 Short time in Vienna
- 19 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 20 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 21 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 22 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 23 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 24 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 25 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
North or South of Italy for honeymoon in mid August-September