We are planning our honeymoon to Italy; also our first trip to Italy and need advice on whether to visit:
- North of Italy* or South of Italy (including Amalfi Coast, Capri, Sorrento, Sicily and open to other suggestions).
*We want to visit Cinque Terre but not sure how we can get there. I am aware we can take the train city to city once we are there.
Fly in to Rome
Train from Rome to Florence
Car rental for the rest of Tuscany (Siena, Cinque Terre etc.)
Train from Tuscany to Venice
Not sure what's the best way to get to Lake Como, train or car from Venice?
Not sure what's the best way to get to Milan, train or car?
Train from Milan to Barcelona, Spain
Fly home from Barcelona, Spain
We have about 20 days for travel and if possible would like to see both north and south of Italy together with Barcelona.
Please advise best itinerary for the time we have and also advise best transportation mode from place to place if possible.
Thank you in advance for your help and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation
- 2 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 3 Rouen Tour Companies
- 4 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 5 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 6 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Praiano hotel question
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 11 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 St Denis Cathedral
- 14 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 15 Italy bus or train
- 16 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 17 Ireland itinerary help please
- 18 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 19 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 20 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 21 Rome-Itinerary
- 22 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 23 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 24 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 25 Sabbatical in Tuscany
North or South of Italy for honeymoon in mid August-September