My husband and I, with our 16 month old daughter, are looking at spending 1 week in Normandy in mid October. We plan to hire a car and stay at a self catering holiday rental (gite?). We will be staying in Paris beforehand, and traveling to Switzerland afterwards by train. So a few questions -
1. Where would be a good place to hire a car? Would it make sense to catch a train to an outlying town and hire from there (to avoid the Paris traffic)?
2. Can anyone recommend a nice area to stay in? We would prefer a rural area or small town/village. Some of the places we would like to see are the D-Day landing beaches, Honfleur, Suisse Normandy as well as Mont-St-Michel, so ideally somewhere that is within decent driving distance to these areas.
3. Since the weather may not be very nice this time of year, does anyone have any recommendations for indoor sights/activities in the region in case it's raining?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 손오공 온라인 ◐ 도메인 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 People visiting Slovenia
- 3 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 4 Valencia Spain
- 5 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 6 Language to use in Belgium
- 7 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 8 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 9 Germany-Car or Train
- 10 Visiting Zurich
- 11 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 12 Brussels flower tapestry
- 13 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 14 Places to visit from Zurich
- 15 SURPRISE TRIP
- 16 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 17 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 20 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 21 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 22 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 23 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 24 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 25 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris