My husband and I, with our 16 month old daughter, are looking at spending 1 week in Normandy in mid October. We plan to hire a car and stay at a self catering holiday rental (gite?). We will be staying in Paris beforehand, and traveling to Switzerland afterwards by train. So a few questions -
1. Where would be a good place to hire a car? Would it make sense to catch a train to an outlying town and hire from there (to avoid the Paris traffic)?
2. Can anyone recommend a nice area to stay in? We would prefer a rural area or small town/village. Some of the places we would like to see are the D-Day landing beaches, Honfleur, Suisse Normandy as well as Mont-St-Michel, so ideally somewhere that is within decent driving distance to these areas.
3. Since the weather may not be very nice this time of year, does anyone have any recommendations for indoor sights/activities in the region in case it's raining?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 2 Spanish Jamon Serrano - Which to buy?
- 3 Record breaking rain in Paris
- 4 Netflix and Hulu
- 5 Sentimental Journey
- 6 This is the this is not a novel study which exhibits all
- 7 Does my Switzerland Itinerray makes sense
- 8 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 9 A special promotion in a special place to stay on Corsica
- 10 Wolverhampton - York - Durham - Edinburgh
- 11 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 12 Change of Itinerary? to Refocus on Basque country (Spain&France)
- 13 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 14 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 15 Trying to decide on a Colmar hotel for 4 nights
- 16 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 17 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 18 Nocelle on the Amalfi Coast
- 19 Women's semi-stylish, comfortable shoes?
- 20 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 21 Advice please: 10 days in South-West England with a toddler
- 22 Taxi Heathrow
- 23 Car rental return Nice
- 24 3/4/ days South of France
- 25 Rental car return in Nice