My husband and I are flying into CDG on Friday, September 2nd (5:35pm) and leaving Sunday, September 9th (12:35pm). We both love Paris -- have been before and will probably be back again -- but also wanted to take some time to drive through Normandy. We are not big museum people, more wanderers who enjoy taking in the sights and sounds and feels of a city, with some cafe breaks in between! We enjoy history and the main purpose of this trip is to visit the historical WWII sites, but I would not call us "history buffs" by any means...I also want to find some local producers to visit for tastings of wine, cheese, cider, etc.
Below is my initial plan, however, I'm concerned that it's too much driving and being on the go. I'm inclined to cut the Amboise part of the trip, but do not know where to add additional time? Or is there somewhere else (closer) we should consider adding? I'm also trying not to get stuck all the way out at MSM leaving us with a long drive Sunday morning morning before our flight.
Friday - Arrive Paris (sleep 3 nights)
Monday - Drive to Giverny, afternoon in Honfleur (sleep Honfleur)
Tuesday - Morning Honfleur, drive/afternoon in Bayeux (sleep in Bayeux)
Wednesday - D-Day Beach tours/visit (sleep in Bayeux)
Thursday - Drive to Mont Saint Michel, afternoon visit the abbey (sleep MSM)
Friday - Drive to Amboise, visit Chateaux (sleep Amboise)
Saturday - Visit Chateaux (sleep Amboise)
Sunday - drive to CDG to catch flight home
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Paris hotels
- 5 LONDON - New Years Eve
- 6 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 7 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Budapest in December 2017
- 10 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 11 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 12 Trek through Eur
- 13 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 14 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 15 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 16 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 17 Roma Pass
- 18 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 19 Amsterdam hotels
- 20 Denmark or Sweden?
- 21 Europe itinerary questions
- 22 London Hotels
- 23 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?