My husband and I are flying into CDG on Friday, September 2nd (5:35pm) and leaving Sunday, September 9th (12:35pm). We both love Paris -- have been before and will probably be back again -- but also wanted to take some time to drive through Normandy. We are not big museum people, more wanderers who enjoy taking in the sights and sounds and feels of a city, with some cafe breaks in between! We enjoy history and the main purpose of this trip is to visit the historical WWII sites, but I would not call us "history buffs" by any means...I also want to find some local producers to visit for tastings of wine, cheese, cider, etc.
Below is my initial plan, however, I'm concerned that it's too much driving and being on the go. I'm inclined to cut the Amboise part of the trip, but do not know where to add additional time? Or is there somewhere else (closer) we should consider adding? I'm also trying not to get stuck all the way out at MSM leaving us with a long drive Sunday morning morning before our flight.
Friday - Arrive Paris (sleep 3 nights)
Monday - Drive to Giverny, afternoon in Honfleur (sleep Honfleur)
Tuesday - Morning Honfleur, drive/afternoon in Bayeux (sleep in Bayeux)
Wednesday - D-Day Beach tours/visit (sleep in Bayeux)
Thursday - Drive to Mont Saint Michel, afternoon visit the abbey (sleep MSM)
Friday - Drive to Amboise, visit Chateaux (sleep Amboise)
Saturday - Visit Chateaux (sleep Amboise)
Sunday - drive to CDG to catch flight home
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 2 2 Months in Sicily
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 5 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 8 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 Azores
- 13 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 14 Sundays in Puglia
- 15 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 16 Prague
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 What tips can you give about packing?
- 19 Sim Card Options
- 20 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 21 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 22 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 23 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 24 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 25 Greek Islands (small)