My husband and I are flying into CDG on Friday, September 2nd (5:35pm) and leaving Sunday, September 9th (12:35pm). We both love Paris -- have been before and will probably be back again -- but also wanted to take some time to drive through Normandy. We are not big museum people, more wanderers who enjoy taking in the sights and sounds and feels of a city, with some cafe breaks in between! We enjoy history and the main purpose of this trip is to visit the historical WWII sites, but I would not call us "history buffs" by any means...I also want to find some local producers to visit for tastings of wine, cheese, cider, etc.
Below is my initial plan, however, I'm concerned that it's too much driving and being on the go. I'm inclined to cut the Amboise part of the trip, but do not know where to add additional time? Or is there somewhere else (closer) we should consider adding? I'm also trying not to get stuck all the way out at MSM leaving us with a long drive Sunday morning morning before our flight.
Friday - Arrive Paris (sleep 3 nights)
Monday - Drive to Giverny, afternoon in Honfleur (sleep Honfleur)
Tuesday - Morning Honfleur, drive/afternoon in Bayeux (sleep in Bayeux)
Wednesday - D-Day Beach tours/visit (sleep in Bayeux)
Thursday - Drive to Mont Saint Michel, afternoon visit the abbey (sleep MSM)
Friday - Drive to Amboise, visit Chateaux (sleep Amboise)
Saturday - Visit Chateaux (sleep Amboise)
Sunday - drive to CDG to catch flight home
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany 6 nights
- 2 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 3 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 4 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 5 Naples, Italy
- 6 Engadine Valley help
- 7 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 10 French restaurants
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 13 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 14 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 15 Planning a European Trip
- 16 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 17 France & Italy, May or June
- 18 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 19 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 20 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 21 San Sebastian
- 22 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 23 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 24 Lisbon trip report
- 25 restaurants in Marais district