My husband and I are flying into CDG on Friday, September 2nd (5:35pm) and leaving Sunday, September 9th (12:35pm). We both love Paris -- have been before and will probably be back again -- but also wanted to take some time to drive through Normandy. We are not big museum people, more wanderers who enjoy taking in the sights and sounds and feels of a city, with some cafe breaks in between! We enjoy history and the main purpose of this trip is to visit the historical WWII sites, but I would not call us "history buffs" by any means...I also want to find some local producers to visit for tastings of wine, cheese, cider, etc.
Below is my initial plan, however, I'm concerned that it's too much driving and being on the go. I'm inclined to cut the Amboise part of the trip, but do not know where to add additional time? Or is there somewhere else (closer) we should consider adding? I'm also trying not to get stuck all the way out at MSM leaving us with a long drive Sunday morning morning before our flight.
Friday - Arrive Paris (sleep 3 nights)
Monday - Drive to Giverny, afternoon in Honfleur (sleep Honfleur)
Tuesday - Morning Honfleur, drive/afternoon in Bayeux (sleep in Bayeux)
Wednesday - D-Day Beach tours/visit (sleep in Bayeux)
Thursday - Drive to Mont Saint Michel, afternoon visit the abbey (sleep MSM)
Friday - Drive to Amboise, visit Chateaux (sleep Amboise)
Saturday - Visit Chateaux (sleep Amboise)
Sunday - drive to CDG to catch flight home
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 2 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 3 Laokasti Villa in Oia
- 4 Italy Dolomites in early April
- 5 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 6 Stu Tower
- 7 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 8 Spain or South of France in July 2017?
- 9 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 10 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 11 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 12 Train up the Jungfrau
- 13 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 14 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 15 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 16 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 17 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 18 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 19 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 20 Turin Hotels - Current Offerings
- 21 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 22 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 23 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 24 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 25 First Trip to Ireland