Next spring I will be traveling to France with 3 other women (all of us are retired teachers). Our plan is to spend 3 nights in the Normandy area and visit the Normandy beaches and Monet's gardens. After that, a week in Provence, followed by 3 nights in Paris.
After reading many of the posts, I had originally considered staying in Vernon at The Hermitage B&B, where we'd be able to walk to Monet's gardens/house and use that as a base to visit the Normandy Beaches and explore the area. (this has 2 BRs with 2 beds in one room and 1 small bed in the other room)
Next, we'd like to visit Provence. Messages on the boards indicate that St. Remy might be a good town to use as a base. I've looked into houses for rent for the week and checked out the vrbo website.
Here is where I could use some help:
We're not wealthy (remember - retired teachers) but are comfortable and would like to travel comfortably. That means having 4 beds and 2 bathrooms. We can share rooms, but would prefer to have our own beds and have ensuite bathrooms.
I'd appreciate any suggestions for lodging in Normandy and in St. Remy. We're open to hotels, B&Bs, vrbo, etc. Price range would be dependent on the accommodations. We're willing to spend a little more for comfort. It doesn't have to be 5*, but clean, quiet, and accessible to the area. In St. Remy we would prefer to be in town or in walking distance to town.
It's a year away, but I'd like to reserve something now if we find a good deal on the right accommodations. I'll post about Paris accommodations in another thread.
Thanks for any insight you can provide!
Normandy and Provence Accommodations
- 1 Channel Islands
- 2 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 5 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 6 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 7 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 8 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 9 Barcelona Transfers
- 10 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 11 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 12 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 13 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 14 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 15 Ireland in a week
- 16 Spain - Andalucia
- 17 TGV and Provence questions
- 18 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 19 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 20 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 21 2 Week European Itinerary
- 22 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 23 Car in Prague
- 24 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 25 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?