Next spring I will be traveling to France with 3 other women (all of us are retired teachers). Our plan is to spend 3 nights in the Normandy area and visit the Normandy beaches and Monet's gardens. After that, a week in Provence, followed by 3 nights in Paris.
After reading many of the posts, I had originally considered staying in Vernon at The Hermitage B&B, where we'd be able to walk to Monet's gardens/house and use that as a base to visit the Normandy Beaches and explore the area. (this has 2 BRs with 2 beds in one room and 1 small bed in the other room)
Next, we'd like to visit Provence. Messages on the boards indicate that St. Remy might be a good town to use as a base. I've looked into houses for rent for the week and checked out the vrbo website.
Here is where I could use some help:
We're not wealthy (remember - retired teachers) but are comfortable and would like to travel comfortably. That means having 4 beds and 2 bathrooms. We can share rooms, but would prefer to have our own beds and have ensuite bathrooms.
I'd appreciate any suggestions for lodging in Normandy and in St. Remy. We're open to hotels, B&Bs, vrbo, etc. Price range would be dependent on the accommodations. We're willing to spend a little more for comfort. It doesn't have to be 5*, but clean, quiet, and accessible to the area. In St. Remy we would prefer to be in town or in walking distance to town.
It's a year away, but I'd like to reserve something now if we find a good deal on the right accommodations. I'll post about Paris accommodations in another thread.
Thanks for any insight you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 강남풀싸롱O1O 4444 9374ACEめ《강남풀사롱》↔《강남풀싸롱》↗강예빈팀장↔
- 2 강남매직미러풀싸롱O1O 4444 9374
- 3 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 4 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 5 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 6 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 7 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 8 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 9 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 10 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 11 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 12 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 13 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 14 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 15 travel around Spain
- 16 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 17 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 18 Restaurants
- 19 Bursa/Iznik
- 20 Confused on which train pass
- 21 Best of Norway
- 22 Brussels, Belgium
- 23 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 24 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 25 Milan to Chamonix by bus