Next spring I will be traveling to France with 3 other women (all of us are retired teachers). Our plan is to spend 3 nights in the Normandy area and visit the Normandy beaches and Monet's gardens. After that, a week in Provence, followed by 3 nights in Paris.
After reading many of the posts, I had originally considered staying in Vernon at The Hermitage B&B, where we'd be able to walk to Monet's gardens/house and use that as a base to visit the Normandy Beaches and explore the area. (this has 2 BRs with 2 beds in one room and 1 small bed in the other room)
Next, we'd like to visit Provence. Messages on the boards indicate that St. Remy might be a good town to use as a base. I've looked into houses for rent for the week and checked out the vrbo website.
Here is where I could use some help:
We're not wealthy (remember - retired teachers) but are comfortable and would like to travel comfortably. That means having 4 beds and 2 bathrooms. We can share rooms, but would prefer to have our own beds and have ensuite bathrooms.
I'd appreciate any suggestions for lodging in Normandy and in St. Remy. We're open to hotels, B&Bs, vrbo, etc. Price range would be dependent on the accommodations. We're willing to spend a little more for comfort. It doesn't have to be 5*, but clean, quiet, and accessible to the area. In St. Remy we would prefer to be in town or in walking distance to town.
It's a year away, but I'd like to reserve something now if we find a good deal on the right accommodations. I'll post about Paris accommodations in another thread.
Thanks for any insight you can provide!
Normandy and Provence Accommodations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 2 London visit
- 3 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 4 21 Days in Central Europe
- 5 My itinerary for Greece
- 6 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 7 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 8 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 9 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 10 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 11 London 2nd time around
- 12 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 13 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 14 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 15 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 16 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 17 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 18 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 21 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 22 Budget for 3 Month's
- 23 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 24 Questions for my German friends
- 25 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???