Next spring I will be traveling to France with 3 other women (all of us are retired teachers). Our plan is to spend 3 nights in the Normandy area and visit the Normandy beaches and Monet's gardens. After that, a week in Provence, followed by 3 nights in Paris.
After reading many of the posts, I had originally considered staying in Vernon at The Hermitage B&B, where we'd be able to walk to Monet's gardens/house and use that as a base to visit the Normandy Beaches and explore the area. (this has 2 BRs with 2 beds in one room and 1 small bed in the other room)
Next, we'd like to visit Provence. Messages on the boards indicate that St. Remy might be a good town to use as a base. I've looked into houses for rent for the week and checked out the vrbo website.
Here is where I could use some help:
We're not wealthy (remember - retired teachers) but are comfortable and would like to travel comfortably. That means having 4 beds and 2 bathrooms. We can share rooms, but would prefer to have our own beds and have ensuite bathrooms.
I'd appreciate any suggestions for lodging in Normandy and in St. Remy. We're open to hotels, B&Bs, vrbo, etc. Price range would be dependent on the accommodations. We're willing to spend a little more for comfort. It doesn't have to be 5*, but clean, quiet, and accessible to the area. In St. Remy we would prefer to be in town or in walking distance to town.
It's a year away, but I'd like to reserve something now if we find a good deal on the right accommodations. I'll post about Paris accommodations in another thread.
Thanks for any insight you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 2 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 3 Charles Degaulle question
- 4 Seeking advice for fall trip to Puglia
- 5 Ballet Bolshoi
- 6 Ireland in November
- 7 To europe this Aug
- 8 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 9 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 10 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 11 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 12 Layover Madrid Info Help
- 13 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 14 Edinburgh in March
- 15 sim card
- 16 FAQs
- 17 munich - day trips
- 18 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 19 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 20 Madrid Airport
- 21 Heathrow Airport between terminals 4 & 5
- 22 Transportation in Bologna
- 23 FCO connection time
- 24 Departure Tax in UK
- 25 Day Trips from Lisbon