Next spring I will be traveling to France with 3 other women (all of us are retired teachers). Our plan is to spend 3 nights in the Normandy area and visit the Normandy beaches and Monet's gardens. After that, a week in Provence, followed by 3 nights in Paris.
After reading many of the posts, I had originally considered staying in Vernon at The Hermitage B&B, where we'd be able to walk to Monet's gardens/house and use that as a base to visit the Normandy Beaches and explore the area. (this has 2 BRs with 2 beds in one room and 1 small bed in the other room)
Next, we'd like to visit Provence. Messages on the boards indicate that St. Remy might be a good town to use as a base. I've looked into houses for rent for the week and checked out the vrbo website.
Here is where I could use some help:
We're not wealthy (remember - retired teachers) but are comfortable and would like to travel comfortably. That means having 4 beds and 2 bathrooms. We can share rooms, but would prefer to have our own beds and have ensuite bathrooms.
I'd appreciate any suggestions for lodging in Normandy and in St. Remy. We're open to hotels, B&Bs, vrbo, etc. Price range would be dependent on the accommodations. We're willing to spend a little more for comfort. It doesn't have to be 5*, but clean, quiet, and accessible to the area. In St. Remy we would prefer to be in town or in walking distance to town.
It's a year away, but I'd like to reserve something now if we find a good deal on the right accommodations. I'll post about Paris accommodations in another thread.
Thanks for any insight you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copenhagen or Stockholm?
- 2 Christmas in Germany
- 3 Amalfi Coast in June
- 4 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 5 Rome, Florence, Venice
- 6 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 7 Dubrovnik's old pharmacy
- 8 Paris Travel: You Tell Me
- 9 Archetypical White Christmas
- 10 Caserta Palace and gardens renovations
- 11 Paris dining-with teens
- 12 Itinerary for 3 days in Italy and is Rome safe ???
- 13 Postcards from Retirement-The Scotland Edition
- 14 Advice on long week trip to Germany
- 15 Best new years?
- 16 Ideas for last-minute 8N/8D couple's trip to Europe from London please
- 17 Bahn sales
- 18 Another Paris Trip Report
- 19 Weekend away from London
- 20 iPhone stolen in Paris
- 21 Airport shuttle from Airbnb locale
- 22 How to Spot an American in Europe
- 23 sncf help
- 24 1st Class v 2nd Class
- 25 Driving from South Iceland to the Westfjords