Next spring I will be traveling to France with 3 other women (all of us are retired teachers). Our plan is to spend 3 nights in the Normandy area and visit the Normandy beaches and Monet's gardens. After that, a week in Provence, followed by 3 nights in Paris.
After reading many of the posts, I had originally considered staying in Vernon at The Hermitage B&B, where we'd be able to walk to Monet's gardens/house and use that as a base to visit the Normandy Beaches and explore the area. (this has 2 BRs with 2 beds in one room and 1 small bed in the other room)
Next, we'd like to visit Provence. Messages on the boards indicate that St. Remy might be a good town to use as a base. I've looked into houses for rent for the week and checked out the vrbo website.
Here is where I could use some help:
We're not wealthy (remember - retired teachers) but are comfortable and would like to travel comfortably. That means having 4 beds and 2 bathrooms. We can share rooms, but would prefer to have our own beds and have ensuite bathrooms.
I'd appreciate any suggestions for lodging in Normandy and in St. Remy. We're open to hotels, B&Bs, vrbo, etc. Price range would be dependent on the accommodations. We're willing to spend a little more for comfort. It doesn't have to be 5*, but clean, quiet, and accessible to the area. In St. Remy we would prefer to be in town or in walking distance to town.
It's a year away, but I'd like to reserve something now if we find a good deal on the right accommodations. I'll post about Paris accommodations in another thread.
Thanks for any insight you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Maggiore
- 2 Norway Fjords
- 3 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 4 Possible itinerary - thoughts?
- 5 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 6 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 7 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 8 3 Days in the Black Forest
- 9 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 10 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 11 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 12 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 13 Best Route Belmonte to Pinhao
- 14 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 15 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 16 My niece wants a one week student tour
- 17 Help with Basque Country in Spain and France
- 18 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 19 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 20 From Denmark to Balkan and around
- 21 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 22 Day trip suggestion from London
- 23 Portugal itinerary - 3 weeks in March??
- 24 Another Book List for Italy
- 25 Advance purchase tickets for Seville??