I would like input from expert Fodorite's on our nine night itinerary to Madrid and Andalucia from December 27-January 5. Please give me your honest feedback on what to ditch/keep!
Things to note-
1. We are in our mid 30's and like to linger at restaurants and have time for siesta's
2. We want to be in Seville for NYE. Also, I've arranged the itinerary so we are not transferring places on NYD just in case we are tired from NYE festivities.
3. Don't love the idea of heading somewhere right when we land in Madrid in case of delays, etc.
4. I do realize we are omitting Granada for this trip, forgive me
Saturday, Dec 27
Arrive Madrid 11:45am (from Detroit)
Sunday, Dec 28
Mid-morning AVE Train from Madrid to Cordoba
Overnight in Cordoba
Monday, Dec 29
Train to Seville
Tuesday, Dec 30
Wednesday, Dec 31
Thurs, Jan 1
Fri, Jan 2
Train Seville to Toledo
Sat, Jan 3
Train Toledo to Madrid
Sun, Jan 4
Day Trip to Segovia (if we want or enjoy Madrid)
Mon, Jan 5
Depart MAD 10:10am
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Areas in Milan
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 http://supplementbase.com/nutraher-lean
- 4 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 5 Perugia
- 6 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Ireland itinerary help please
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 11 CDG much improved
- 12 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 13 St Denis Cathedral
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 16 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 19 Rouen Tour Companies
- 20 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 21 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 24 Italy bus or train
- 25 May get together in Paris
Nine Nights over NYE Madrid/Cordoba/Seville including Toledo and Segovia