I would like input from expert Fodorite's on our nine night itinerary to Madrid and Andalucia from December 27-January 5. Please give me your honest feedback on what to ditch/keep!
Things to note-
1. We are in our mid 30's and like to linger at restaurants and have time for siesta's
2. We want to be in Seville for NYE. Also, I've arranged the itinerary so we are not transferring places on NYD just in case we are tired from NYE festivities.
3. Don't love the idea of heading somewhere right when we land in Madrid in case of delays, etc.
4. I do realize we are omitting Granada for this trip, forgive me
Saturday, Dec 27
Arrive Madrid 11:45am (from Detroit)
Sunday, Dec 28
Mid-morning AVE Train from Madrid to Cordoba
Overnight in Cordoba
Monday, Dec 29
Train to Seville
Tuesday, Dec 30
Wednesday, Dec 31
Thurs, Jan 1
Fri, Jan 2
Train Seville to Toledo
Sat, Jan 3
Train Toledo to Madrid
Sun, Jan 4
Day Trip to Segovia (if we want or enjoy Madrid)
Mon, Jan 5
Depart MAD 10:10am
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Islands (small)
- 2 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 3 38 Days in Paris
- 4 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 7 Day trip ideas
- 8 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 9 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 10 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 11 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 12 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 13 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 14 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 15 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 16 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 19 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 20 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 Things to do in Brussels
- 23 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 24 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 25 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
Nine Nights over NYE Madrid/Cordoba/Seville including Toledo and Segovia