I would like input from expert Fodorite's on our nine night itinerary to Madrid and Andalucia from December 27-January 5. Please give me your honest feedback on what to ditch/keep!
Things to note-
1. We are in our mid 30's and like to linger at restaurants and have time for siesta's
2. We want to be in Seville for NYE. Also, I've arranged the itinerary so we are not transferring places on NYD just in case we are tired from NYE festivities.
3. Don't love the idea of heading somewhere right when we land in Madrid in case of delays, etc.
4. I do realize we are omitting Granada for this trip, forgive me
Saturday, Dec 27
Arrive Madrid 11:45am (from Detroit)
Sunday, Dec 28
Mid-morning AVE Train from Madrid to Cordoba
Overnight in Cordoba
Monday, Dec 29
Train to Seville
Tuesday, Dec 30
Wednesday, Dec 31
Thurs, Jan 1
Fri, Jan 2
Train Seville to Toledo
Sat, Jan 3
Train Toledo to Madrid
Sun, Jan 4
Day Trip to Segovia (if we want or enjoy Madrid)
Mon, Jan 5
Depart MAD 10:10am
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 4 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 5 Last minute trip to Capri
- 6 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 7 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 8 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 9 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 10 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 11 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 12 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 13 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 14 London Theater
- 15 Salzburg itinerary review
- 16 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 17 Poland to Austria In December
- 18 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 23 Private Guide in Lyon
- 24 Norwegian Air?
- 25 Highclare Castle
Nine Nights over NYE Madrid/Cordoba/Seville including Toledo and Segovia