Looking for advice about upcoming trip to Croatia. We'll be arriving on Good Friday into Dubrovnik and fly out nine days later from Zagreb. So, a short-ish trip with travel necessary and built-in.
We'd like to spend time in Dubrovnik, Plitvice and at least a night in Zagreb. We'd also like to see a bit of Montenegro, and islands if possible, and wineries up the coast.
My concerns are these:
1. How much can we expect to see over Easter weekend? (Ie. will transport, museums, activities, shops, etc, shut down, and if so, should we just plan on hunkering down in Dubrovnik until Monday or Tuesday? Will things re-open on Monday?)
2. What's the best way to get around out-of-season? Is public transport a good option? What about ferries to the islands? (I'm assuming some shut down?) Would car hire be recommended, either for convenience or for better sight-seeing?
3. What's the feasibility of slipping into Montenegro into a trip of this length, and if it's feasible, where would people recommend? (Kotor?)
4. Besides Plitvice, what are other must-sees (bearing in mind our time constraints) up the coast?
5. In general, what are recommended itineraries for this short but, we hope, scenic trip?
We're not particularly wealthy, incidentally (well, we're not wealthy at all, really), so we'll be travelling on a budget, albeit one that can accommodate decent accommodation and nice meals.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 4 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 5 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living