My husband and I spent 2 weeks in Provence a few years ago and loved it. We are returning this summer with our 2 year old daughter, hopefully through a home exchange and need help deciding between Nimes or Aix as our base. During our last trip, we got a great feel for staying in small villages like Roussillon and big cities like Avignon. We loved Aix and Nimes and are trying to decide between which city to stay in this time. We realize that either location can be an hour from many sites, but we are okay with this. We are looking for a place that will be easy to eat breakfast and dinner in town, with most of our time spent on short day trips to the places we liked best from our last trip like Isle Sur La Sorge etc. Thoughts? Our trip will be in August. We are okay staying and getting around the city on foot.
Nimes versus Aix as a base for Provence?
- 1 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 2 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 3 Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Fuessen - Last Bus
- 4 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 5 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 6 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 7 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 8 culinary classes in Biarritz/San Sebastian
- 9 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 10 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 11 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 12 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 13 How Long For Santorini?
- 14 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 15 Car rental Italy
- 16 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 17 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 18 Prague Itinerary
- 19 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 20 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 21 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 22 London at Xmas
- 23 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 24 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 25 When to exchange US dollars to Euros