My husband and I spent 2 weeks in Provence a few years ago and loved it. We are returning this summer with our 2 year old daughter, hopefully through a home exchange and need help deciding between Nimes or Aix as our base. During our last trip, we got a great feel for staying in small villages like Roussillon and big cities like Avignon. We loved Aix and Nimes and are trying to decide between which city to stay in this time. We realize that either location can be an hour from many sites, but we are okay with this. We are looking for a place that will be easy to eat breakfast and dinner in town, with most of our time spent on short day trips to the places we liked best from our last trip like Isle Sur La Sorge etc. Thoughts? Our trip will be in August. We are okay staying and getting around the city on foot.
Nimes versus Aix as a base for Provence?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss rail passes
- 2 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 3 Day trips
- 4 Europe in 21 days
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 7 Hotel in Venice
- 8 Day trip from London to Paris
- 9 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 10 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 11 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 12 How to change college, after obtaining French visa?
- 13 A drive in Europe
- 14 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 15 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 16 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 17 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 18 nearby cities to london
- 19 Honeymoon Villa rental - Santorini or Mykonos
- 20 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 21 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 22 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 23 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 24 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 25 Augsburg with kids