My husband and I spent 2 weeks in Provence a few years ago and loved it. We are returning this summer with our 2 year old daughter, hopefully through a home exchange and need help deciding between Nimes or Aix as our base. During our last trip, we got a great feel for staying in small villages like Roussillon and big cities like Avignon. We loved Aix and Nimes and are trying to decide between which city to stay in this time. We realize that either location can be an hour from many sites, but we are okay with this. We are looking for a place that will be easy to eat breakfast and dinner in town, with most of our time spent on short day trips to the places we liked best from our last trip like Isle Sur La Sorge etc. Thoughts? Our trip will be in August. We are okay staying and getting around the city on foot.
Nimes versus Aix as a base for Provence?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 2 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 3 Budget family trip to Europe
- 4 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 5 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 6 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 7 caroline_venezia
- 8 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 9 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 10 Italy trip questions
- 11 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 12 Spain, Summer 2014 Itinerary Suggestions
- 13 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 14 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 15 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 16 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 17 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 18 Airport bus Bilbao to San Sebastian and back
- 19 Where to stay Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence, Siena, and Rome.
- 20 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 21 Suggestion for travel memories
- 22 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 23 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 24 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 25 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help