My husband and I spent 2 weeks in Provence a few years ago and loved it. We are returning this summer with our 2 year old daughter, hopefully through a home exchange and need help deciding between Nimes or Aix as our base. During our last trip, we got a great feel for staying in small villages like Roussillon and big cities like Avignon. We loved Aix and Nimes and are trying to decide between which city to stay in this time. We realize that either location can be an hour from many sites, but we are okay with this. We are looking for a place that will be easy to eat breakfast and dinner in town, with most of our time spent on short day trips to the places we liked best from our last trip like Isle Sur La Sorge etc. Thoughts? Our trip will be in August. We are okay staying and getting around the city on foot.
Nimes versus Aix as a base for Provence?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What still confounds you about travel?
- 2 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 3 Back home problems with sim card
- 4 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 5 Pronunciation
- 6 How do you find French food?
- 7 Day trip to Siena and Tuscan town(s) using Public Transport from Florence
- 8 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 9 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 10 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 11 GPS in Tuscany
- 12 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 13 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 14 italy
- 15 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 16 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 17 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 18 Monet in Normandy
- 19 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 20 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 21 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 22 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 25 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets