My husband and I spent 2 weeks in Provence a few years ago and loved it. We are returning this summer with our 2 year old daughter, hopefully through a home exchange and need help deciding between Nimes or Aix as our base. During our last trip, we got a great feel for staying in small villages like Roussillon and big cities like Avignon. We loved Aix and Nimes and are trying to decide between which city to stay in this time. We realize that either location can be an hour from many sites, but we are okay with this. We are looking for a place that will be easy to eat breakfast and dinner in town, with most of our time spent on short day trips to the places we liked best from our last trip like Isle Sur La Sorge etc. Thoughts? Our trip will be in August. We are okay staying and getting around the city on foot.
Nimes versus Aix as a base for Provence?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 3 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 4 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 5 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 6 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 7 9 days in turkey
- 8 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 9 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 10 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 11 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 12 Nice Video about Poland
- 13 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 14 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 15 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 16 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 17 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 18 Estonia Amber
- 19 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 20 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 21 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 22 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 23 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 24 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 25 Hair Straightener for Europe!