My husband and I spent 2 weeks in Provence a few years ago and loved it. We are returning this summer with our 2 year old daughter, hopefully through a home exchange and need help deciding between Nimes or Aix as our base. During our last trip, we got a great feel for staying in small villages like Roussillon and big cities like Avignon. We loved Aix and Nimes and are trying to decide between which city to stay in this time. We realize that either location can be an hour from many sites, but we are okay with this. We are looking for a place that will be easy to eat breakfast and dinner in town, with most of our time spent on short day trips to the places we liked best from our last trip like Isle Sur La Sorge etc. Thoughts? Our trip will be in August. We are okay staying and getting around the city on foot.
Nimes versus Aix as a base for Provence?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 TGV and Provence questions
- 2 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 5 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 6 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 7 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 8 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 9 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 10 Italian Lakes gardens
- 11 Greek islands from Turkey
- 12 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 13 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 14 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 15 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 16 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 17 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 18 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 19 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 20 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 21 Madrid to Sevilla
- 22 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 23 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 24 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 25 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"