We're roughing out an itinerary for Provence, and trying to decide which towns to stay in. We know several that look like good bases for day trips, but we'd like to enjoy our evenings too. We like to go out to dinner and sip wine under the stars, and have spent many happy evenings in piazzas in Italy doing just that!
My question is: are there towns in Provence that have a similar feel at night to Venice, Florence or Siena, or even San Gimignano? We enjoy being around other people and locals, and like the ability to walk back to our room, rather than get into a car and drive.
It looks like St. Tropez might be a little too glitzy for us at night. What about Nice? We'd like a town with a central area and a little activity. Think Piazza San Marco in Venice, Il Campo in Siena, etc...does that sort of place exist outside of Italy? (I admit to my ignorance, and honestly appreciate any information!)
We would also like to spend part of our trip in a quieter spot, where we can just have a quiet dinner and walk around a bit at night and enjoy the ambience. Towns that have been recommended are Gordes, St. Remy, St. Paul de Vence. Does anyone recommend one of these over the others? All my searches for "nightlife in Provence" seem to come up blank!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 사다리분석 ≪접속주소 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 바다낚시 ▼ 접속 :≫tt349.com≪
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 5 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 6 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 7 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 8 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 9 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 10 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 11 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 12 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 13 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 14 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 15 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 16 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 17 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 18 Valencia Spain
- 19 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 20 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 21 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 22 Visiting Zurich
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 24 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 25 International Drivers License for Sicily