We're roughing out an itinerary for Provence, and trying to decide which towns to stay in. We know several that look like good bases for day trips, but we'd like to enjoy our evenings too. We like to go out to dinner and sip wine under the stars, and have spent many happy evenings in piazzas in Italy doing just that!
My question is: are there towns in Provence that have a similar feel at night to Venice, Florence or Siena, or even San Gimignano? We enjoy being around other people and locals, and like the ability to walk back to our room, rather than get into a car and drive.
It looks like St. Tropez might be a little too glitzy for us at night. What about Nice? We'd like a town with a central area and a little activity. Think Piazza San Marco in Venice, Il Campo in Siena, etc...does that sort of place exist outside of Italy? (I admit to my ignorance, and honestly appreciate any information!)
We would also like to spend part of our trip in a quieter spot, where we can just have a quiet dinner and walk around a bit at night and enjoy the ambience. Towns that have been recommended are Gordes, St. Remy, St. Paul de Vence. Does anyone recommend one of these over the others? All my searches for "nightlife in Provence" seem to come up blank!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Nights in Provence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 South of France
- 2 Help me plan a Trip
- 3 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 4 What else should I know about Priceline bidding for London?
- 5 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 6 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 7 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 8 England, Paris itinerary help
- 9 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 10 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 11 Germany for 3 weeks
- 12 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 13 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 14 Travel itinery for a family of 4.
- 15 Panarea lodging decision--need expert advice
- 16 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 17 Sardinia Advice
- 18 Provence planning
- 19 Making reservations in Italy
- 20 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 21 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 22 UK and Belgium 20 days with 2 kids ( 6 years old and 7 years old girls)
- 23 Summer Family trip ( 2 ads and 2 kids 6 and 7 years old girls)
- 24 Dublin Layover Suggestions
- 25 Accommodations in Paris