In May of 2013, my fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in Europe, so actually hell be my husband then. =) Anyways, we are doing 1 week in Rome and 1 week in Paris. We are both very much first time travelers to Europe, so this whole train/ night train business is new to us. I am hearing different things about the night train from Rome to Paris though, is it still going? Is the night train our best option? I heard we should do it at least once for the experience, but ive heard some pretty scary stories about night trains. So basically here are my questions-
1. If we want to get there fast, is the night train our best option?
2. Should we do a day train so we can actually see the countryside, is it worth it doing a whole day on a train just to see the countryside? Or is it better to do a night time train?
3. What does the first class cabin look like? Also is it safe?
4. How far in advance should we book it?
5. Whats the process, do you check in at a counter before hand or just get on the train and they take your ticket there? How are you suppose to find your seat/cabin?
Any help would be much appreciated! Were newbies so we dont know alot.
Night Train from Rome to Paris in May 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reims for a day
- 2 Indus Tours in Turkey
- 3 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 4 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 5 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 6 Estonia Amber
- 7 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 8 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 9 What are the best places to see in England
- 10 TRAVEL TURKEY
- 11 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 12 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 13 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 14 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- 15 Heli Tour
- 16 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 17 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 18 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 19 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 20 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 21 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 22 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 23 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 25 Tight Planning?