In May of 2013, my fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in Europe, so actually hell be my husband then. =) Anyways, we are doing 1 week in Rome and 1 week in Paris. We are both very much first time travelers to Europe, so this whole train/ night train business is new to us. I am hearing different things about the night train from Rome to Paris though, is it still going? Is the night train our best option? I heard we should do it at least once for the experience, but ive heard some pretty scary stories about night trains. So basically here are my questions-
1. If we want to get there fast, is the night train our best option?
2. Should we do a day train so we can actually see the countryside, is it worth it doing a whole day on a train just to see the countryside? Or is it better to do a night time train?
3. What does the first class cabin look like? Also is it safe?
4. How far in advance should we book it?
5. Whats the process, do you check in at a counter before hand or just get on the train and they take your ticket there? How are you suppose to find your seat/cabin?
Any help would be much appreciated! Were newbies so we dont know alot.
Night Train from Rome to Paris in May 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 2 All Set To Go!!
- 3 caroline_venezia
- 4 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 5 First time to Switzerland
- 6 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 7 Granada
- 8 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 9 Romantic Greece and Exciting Turkey : 2011 Trip Report
- 10 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 11 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 12 A Sardinia trip report
- 13 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 14 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 15 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 16 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 17 First time Ireland trip
- 18 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 19 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 20 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 21 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 22 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 23 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 24 22 year olds in Europe
- 25 Earthquakes in Tuscany