In May of 2013, my fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in Europe, so actually hell be my husband then. =) Anyways, we are doing 1 week in Rome and 1 week in Paris. We are both very much first time travelers to Europe, so this whole train/ night train business is new to us. I am hearing different things about the night train from Rome to Paris though, is it still going? Is the night train our best option? I heard we should do it at least once for the experience, but ive heard some pretty scary stories about night trains. So basically here are my questions-
1. If we want to get there fast, is the night train our best option?
2. Should we do a day train so we can actually see the countryside, is it worth it doing a whole day on a train just to see the countryside? Or is it better to do a night time train?
3. What does the first class cabin look like? Also is it safe?
4. How far in advance should we book it?
5. Whats the process, do you check in at a counter before hand or just get on the train and they take your ticket there? How are you suppose to find your seat/cabin?
Any help would be much appreciated! Were newbies so we dont know alot.
Night Train from Rome to Paris in May 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 2 European Trivial Trivia!
- 3 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 4 Eleanor's Pages
- 5 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 6 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 7 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 8 English ruined castles
- 9 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 10 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 11 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 12 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 13 Dresden restaurant recs: December 2014
- 14 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 15 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 16 Luggage sizing
- 17 Restaurants or Cafes to Recommend in Fontainebleau?
- 18 Scuol, Switzerland
- 19 Moving to Belfast
- 20 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 21 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 22 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 23 Real Mary King's Close Tour in Edinburgh
- 24 Christmas in Munich
- 25 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR