In May of 2013, my fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in Europe, so actually hell be my husband then. =) Anyways, we are doing 1 week in Rome and 1 week in Paris. We are both very much first time travelers to Europe, so this whole train/ night train business is new to us. I am hearing different things about the night train from Rome to Paris though, is it still going? Is the night train our best option? I heard we should do it at least once for the experience, but ive heard some pretty scary stories about night trains. So basically here are my questions-
1. If we want to get there fast, is the night train our best option?
2. Should we do a day train so we can actually see the countryside, is it worth it doing a whole day on a train just to see the countryside? Or is it better to do a night time train?
3. What does the first class cabin look like? Also is it safe?
4. How far in advance should we book it?
5. Whats the process, do you check in at a counter before hand or just get on the train and they take your ticket there? How are you suppose to find your seat/cabin?
Any help would be much appreciated! Were newbies so we dont know alot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 2 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 3 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 Best testosterone booster
- 6 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 7 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 8 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 9 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 10 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 11 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 12 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 13 Le Marche, Italy
- 14 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 15 Ballet Bolshoi
- 16 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 17 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 18 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 19 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 20 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 21 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 22 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 23 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 24 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 25 Trains France/Switzerland