In May of 2013, my fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in Europe, so actually hell be my husband then. =) Anyways, we are doing 1 week in Rome and 1 week in Paris. We are both very much first time travelers to Europe, so this whole train/ night train business is new to us. I am hearing different things about the night train from Rome to Paris though, is it still going? Is the night train our best option? I heard we should do it at least once for the experience, but ive heard some pretty scary stories about night trains. So basically here are my questions-
1. If we want to get there fast, is the night train our best option?
2. Should we do a day train so we can actually see the countryside, is it worth it doing a whole day on a train just to see the countryside? Or is it better to do a night time train?
3. What does the first class cabin look like? Also is it safe?
4. How far in advance should we book it?
5. Whats the process, do you check in at a counter before hand or just get on the train and they take your ticket there? How are you suppose to find your seat/cabin?
Any help would be much appreciated! Were newbies so we dont know alot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO Recovery Password CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 YAHOO Technical SUPP0RT
- 2 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 3 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 4 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 5 3 nights in Madrid
- 6 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 7 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 8 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 9 London 6 day itinerary
- 10 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 11 Rome hotel
- 12 Itinery help Crete
- 13 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 14 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 15 London Hotel - Different Request
- 16 alcazar question and seville advice
- 17 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 18 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 19 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 20 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 21 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 22 Iceland trip report!
- 23 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 24 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 25 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?