In May of 2013, my fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in Europe, so actually hell be my husband then. =) Anyways, we are doing 1 week in Rome and 1 week in Paris. We are both very much first time travelers to Europe, so this whole train/ night train business is new to us. I am hearing different things about the night train from Rome to Paris though, is it still going? Is the night train our best option? I heard we should do it at least once for the experience, but ive heard some pretty scary stories about night trains. So basically here are my questions-
1. If we want to get there fast, is the night train our best option?
2. Should we do a day train so we can actually see the countryside, is it worth it doing a whole day on a train just to see the countryside? Or is it better to do a night time train?
3. What does the first class cabin look like? Also is it safe?
4. How far in advance should we book it?
5. Whats the process, do you check in at a counter before hand or just get on the train and they take your ticket there? How are you suppose to find your seat/cabin?
Any help would be much appreciated! Were newbies so we dont know alot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 2 Europe in October!
- 3 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 4 Need advice on Seville-Tarifa/Tangier-Malaga itinerary
- 5 B&Bs in Ireland
- 6 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 7 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 8 travel fan 220v?
- 9 Moldova and Transnistria
- 10 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 11 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 12 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 14 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 15 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 16 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 17 Barcelona - places to stay
- 18 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 19 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 20 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 21 Zadar or Sibenik
- 22 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 23 Guide in Russia
- 24 Train travel
- 25 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE