In May of 2013, my fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in Europe, so actually hell be my husband then. =) Anyways, we are doing 1 week in Rome and 1 week in Paris. We are both very much first time travelers to Europe, so this whole train/ night train business is new to us. I am hearing different things about the night train from Rome to Paris though, is it still going? Is the night train our best option? I heard we should do it at least once for the experience, but ive heard some pretty scary stories about night trains. So basically here are my questions-
1. If we want to get there fast, is the night train our best option?
2. Should we do a day train so we can actually see the countryside, is it worth it doing a whole day on a train just to see the countryside? Or is it better to do a night time train?
3. What does the first class cabin look like? Also is it safe?
4. How far in advance should we book it?
5. Whats the process, do you check in at a counter before hand or just get on the train and they take your ticket there? How are you suppose to find your seat/cabin?
Any help would be much appreciated! Were newbies so we dont know alot.
Night Train from Rome to Paris in May 2013
- 1 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 2 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 3 Dresden Train Station
- 4 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 5 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 6 London for Christmas
- 7 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 8 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 9 Chambermaid tipping
- 10 River cruises
- 11 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 14 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 15 More help with housing in Puglia
- 16 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 17 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 18 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 19 7 days in Andalucia
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 21 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 22 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 23 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 24 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 25 Switzerland up close...360 views