In May of 2013, my fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in Europe, so actually hell be my husband then. =) Anyways, we are doing 1 week in Rome and 1 week in Paris. We are both very much first time travelers to Europe, so this whole train/ night train business is new to us. I am hearing different things about the night train from Rome to Paris though, is it still going? Is the night train our best option? I heard we should do it at least once for the experience, but ive heard some pretty scary stories about night trains. So basically here are my questions-
1. If we want to get there fast, is the night train our best option?
2. Should we do a day train so we can actually see the countryside, is it worth it doing a whole day on a train just to see the countryside? Or is it better to do a night time train?
3. What does the first class cabin look like? Also is it safe?
4. How far in advance should we book it?
5. Whats the process, do you check in at a counter before hand or just get on the train and they take your ticket there? How are you suppose to find your seat/cabin?
Any help would be much appreciated! Were newbies so we dont know alot.
Night Train from Rome to Paris in May 2013
- 1 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 2 Driving around Amalfi on first visit...
- 3 Tuscany Lodging - Ankhura vs. Terre di Nano
- 4 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 5 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris
- 6 Ennis or Shannon for last night before flying out of Shannon Airport?
- 7 Tour-Free Travel
- 8 Parking in Reykjavik
- 9 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 10 8-10 Night Italy Itinerary Please Help!
- 11 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 12 Paris Recommendations
- 13 Rhine River Intinerary
- 14 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 15 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 16 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 17 The Netherlands, France and Spain
- 18 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 19 France in 7 days
- 20 Cinque Terre card and train
- 21 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 22 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!
- 23 Suggestions for France Italy
- 24 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 25 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days