In May of 2013, my fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in Europe, so actually hell be my husband then. =) Anyways, we are doing 1 week in Rome and 1 week in Paris. We are both very much first time travelers to Europe, so this whole train/ night train business is new to us. I am hearing different things about the night train from Rome to Paris though, is it still going? Is the night train our best option? I heard we should do it at least once for the experience, but ive heard some pretty scary stories about night trains. So basically here are my questions-
1. If we want to get there fast, is the night train our best option?
2. Should we do a day train so we can actually see the countryside, is it worth it doing a whole day on a train just to see the countryside? Or is it better to do a night time train?
3. What does the first class cabin look like? Also is it safe?
4. How far in advance should we book it?
5. Whats the process, do you check in at a counter before hand or just get on the train and they take your ticket there? How are you suppose to find your seat/cabin?
Any help would be much appreciated! Were newbies so we dont know alot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 2 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 3 First Time Europe Trip
- 4 Amalfi or Positano
- 5 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 6 Poland in September
- 7 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 8 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 9 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 10 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 11 Romantic Restaurants in Venice?
- 12 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 13 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 14 Tour or independent
- 15 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 16 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 17 Hertz Never Lost
- 18 student in denmark
- 19 The Fjords of Norway, Scandinavia - Itinerary Help for Family of Four
- 20 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 21 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 24 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 25 Local Paris Restaurants?