In May of 2013, my fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in Europe, so actually hell be my husband then. =) Anyways, we are doing 1 week in Rome and 1 week in Paris. We are both very much first time travelers to Europe, so this whole train/ night train business is new to us. I am hearing different things about the night train from Rome to Paris though, is it still going? Is the night train our best option? I heard we should do it at least once for the experience, but ive heard some pretty scary stories about night trains. So basically here are my questions-
1. If we want to get there fast, is the night train our best option?
2. Should we do a day train so we can actually see the countryside, is it worth it doing a whole day on a train just to see the countryside? Or is it better to do a night time train?
3. What does the first class cabin look like? Also is it safe?
4. How far in advance should we book it?
5. Whats the process, do you check in at a counter before hand or just get on the train and they take your ticket there? How are you suppose to find your seat/cabin?
Any help would be much appreciated! Were newbies so we dont know alot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 2 Crete Holiday
- 3 skopsko beer and shopsko salad. my week in macedonia
- 4 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 5 6 Days in Italy
- 6 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 7 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 8 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 9 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 10 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 11 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 12 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 13 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 14 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 15 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 16 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 17 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 18 Have Toddler, Will Travel
- 19 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 20 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 21 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 22 Stu Tower
- 23 Single Female Traveler in Italy
- 24 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 25 Tasting sherry in Jerez