In May of 2013, my fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in Europe, so actually hell be my husband then. =) Anyways, we are doing 1 week in Rome and 1 week in Paris. We are both very much first time travelers to Europe, so this whole train/ night train business is new to us. I am hearing different things about the night train from Rome to Paris though, is it still going? Is the night train our best option? I heard we should do it at least once for the experience, but ive heard some pretty scary stories about night trains. So basically here are my questions-
1. If we want to get there fast, is the night train our best option?
2. Should we do a day train so we can actually see the countryside, is it worth it doing a whole day on a train just to see the countryside? Or is it better to do a night time train?
3. What does the first class cabin look like? Also is it safe?
4. How far in advance should we book it?
5. Whats the process, do you check in at a counter before hand or just get on the train and they take your ticket there? How are you suppose to find your seat/cabin?
Any help would be much appreciated! Were newbies so we dont know alot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 2 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 3 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 4 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 5 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 6 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 7 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 8 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 9 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 10 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 11 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 12 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 13 English Countryside
- 14 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 15 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 16 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 17 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 18 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 21 When to Visit Scotland
- 22 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Paris Shuttle Service - AVOID!!!!
- 25 Trains in Alps and UK