In May of 2013, my fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in Europe, so actually hell be my husband then. =) Anyways, we are doing 1 week in Rome and 1 week in Paris. We are both very much first time travelers to Europe, so this whole train/ night train business is new to us. I am hearing different things about the night train from Rome to Paris though, is it still going? Is the night train our best option? I heard we should do it at least once for the experience, but ive heard some pretty scary stories about night trains. So basically here are my questions-
1. If we want to get there fast, is the night train our best option?
2. Should we do a day train so we can actually see the countryside, is it worth it doing a whole day on a train just to see the countryside? Or is it better to do a night time train?
3. What does the first class cabin look like? Also is it safe?
4. How far in advance should we book it?
5. Whats the process, do you check in at a counter before hand or just get on the train and they take your ticket there? How are you suppose to find your seat/cabin?
Any help would be much appreciated! Were newbies so we dont know alot.
Night Train from Rome to Paris in May 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 2 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 3 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 4 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 5 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 6 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 7 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 8 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 9 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 10 travel to western Europe from India
- 11 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 12 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 13 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 14 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice, France
- 15 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 16 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 17 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 18 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 19 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 20 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 21 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...
- 22 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 23 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 24 Moroccan food in Paris
- 25 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice