Next Wednesday we're on the 20.30 ferry from dover to Calais and then are driving through the night to Florence Italy.
I have a lot of experience driving in France but less so in the rest of Europe, my natural inclanation is to drive through France as I'm comfortable with Autoroutes and Route Nationals but am aware that the price of Peage tolls has gone up in the last few years.
I'm thinking of driving through Germany instead but would be very greatful for advice on the pros and cons and also any reccomended routes.
Many Thanks, jsf79.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 2 Nine Cities in 9 months!
- 3 The First Thing You Do When You Land In Paris?
- 4 Direct SL train from Stockholm's Arlanda airport to the Central Station?
- 5 Traffic ticket from Italy was paid last year and now got another!!!
- 6 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 7 Interlaken vs. Bern
- 8 Best company for car hire in Padua
- 9 Help! First time spain and portugal itinerary for 3 weeks
- 10 Heathrow to London Hotel during rush hour
- 11 Honeymoon to Italy/France "Two for the Road"
- 12 How to get from Positano to Nocelle
- 13 The best hotel in Naples for last night in Italy!
- 14 Lunch stop near Vouvray - winery lunch?
- 15 Using tour guides or DIY in Italy?
- 16 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 17 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 18 London Hotel or Apartment with convenience to Wembley Stadium
- 19 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 20 Data Sim Card
- 21 Paris restaurants open on Monday
- 22 Paris removes Pont des Arts love locks
- 23 Portugal itinerary and travel info
- 24 Magical Greece. A 13 day jaunt across the Aegean
- 25 Exchange Paris Visite 1-3 for 1-5?