Next Wednesday we're on the 20.30 ferry from dover to Calais and then are driving through the night to Florence Italy.
I have a lot of experience driving in France but less so in the rest of Europe, my natural inclanation is to drive through France as I'm comfortable with Autoroutes and Route Nationals but am aware that the price of Peage tolls has gone up in the last few years.
I'm thinking of driving through Germany instead but would be very greatful for advice on the pros and cons and also any reccomended routes.
Many Thanks, jsf79.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 2 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 3 Paris hotels
- 4 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 5 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 6 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 7 London Hotels
- 8 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 9 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 10 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 11 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 12 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Back from Paris
- 16 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 17 Summer Travel order
- 18 10 days in Paris and......
- 19 Another tipping question: concierges
- 20 Brugge hotel help
- 21 Luggage Storage
- 22 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 23 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 24 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 25 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days