Next Wednesday we're on the 20.30 ferry from dover to Calais and then are driving through the night to Florence Italy.
I have a lot of experience driving in France but less so in the rest of Europe, my natural inclanation is to drive through France as I'm comfortable with Autoroutes and Route Nationals but am aware that the price of Peage tolls has gone up in the last few years.
I'm thinking of driving through Germany instead but would be very greatful for advice on the pros and cons and also any reccomended routes.
Many Thanks, jsf79.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin Ireland Advice Needed
- 2 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 3 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 4 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 5 Late June 2017 - Capri/Amalfi Coast vs Serengeti Safari
- 6 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 7 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 8 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids
- 9 Car service of choice in Rome? Uber?
- 10 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 11 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 12 Where to go in March??
- 13 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 14 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 15 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 16 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 17 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 18 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 19 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 20 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 21 please revew provence agenda
- 22 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 23 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 24 Age limitation for car rental
- 25 Do i need to validate international train tickets?