Next Wednesday we're on the 20.30 ferry from dover to Calais and then are driving through the night to Florence Italy.
I have a lot of experience driving in France but less so in the rest of Europe, my natural inclanation is to drive through France as I'm comfortable with Autoroutes and Route Nationals but am aware that the price of Peage tolls has gone up in the last few years.
I'm thinking of driving through Germany instead but would be very greatful for advice on the pros and cons and also any reccomended routes.
Many Thanks, jsf79.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily in 4 days
- 2 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 3 Cornwall to Edinburgh in 25 days ????
- 4 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 5 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 6 Planning roundtrip Greece
- 7 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 8 5 days in France or Italian Rivera
- 9 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 10 Road Trip through Peloponnese
- 11 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 12 Dining with the writers
- 13 Paris hotel and neighborhood help
- 14 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 15 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 16 Cordoba or Granada?
- 17 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 18 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 19 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 20 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 21 2 weeks in Prague
- 22 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 23 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 24 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 25 York - Time for tea!