My daughters and I have decided we would like to travel to the four cities mentioned above for our second European trip. First time we went to London, Paris, Germany and Florence for which we took the train and flew intercity just once from Florence back to Paris to go home. We are thinking this time of flying into Nice for 4 days, possibly driving from Nice to Florence 4.5 hours (we want to do an overnight in Florence just to do jewelry shopping) and then continuing to train to Sorrento 4 days, then possibly night train to Vienna 4 days and go home from Vienna. Have been a fan of Rick Steve's guidebooks but I am a little worried about driving from Nice to Florence. Has anyone ever done it - is it a good idea or a waste of time and money. Rick Steve's tends to favor the train. Also, does anyone know if there is a train from Nice to Florence and also a night train or any train from Sorrento to Vienna? Have to start booking soon as we are going in June 2014. Would really appreciate some advice. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland
- 2 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 3 Visiting Zurich
- 4 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 5 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 6 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 7 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 8 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 9 Paris to Bordeaux
- 10 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 11 Iceland 3 day layover
- 12 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 13 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 14 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 15 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 16 Train travel
- 17 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 18 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 19 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 20 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 21 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 22 DVD burning software
- 23 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 24 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 25 Fabric Shops in Paris