My daughters and I have decided we would like to travel to the four cities mentioned above for our second European trip. First time we went to London, Paris, Germany and Florence for which we took the train and flew intercity just once from Florence back to Paris to go home. We are thinking this time of flying into Nice for 4 days, possibly driving from Nice to Florence 4.5 hours (we want to do an overnight in Florence just to do jewelry shopping) and then continuing to train to Sorrento 4 days, then possibly night train to Vienna 4 days and go home from Vienna. Have been a fan of Rick Steve's guidebooks but I am a little worried about driving from Nice to Florence. Has anyone ever done it - is it a good idea or a waste of time and money. Rick Steve's tends to favor the train. Also, does anyone know if there is a train from Nice to Florence and also a night train or any train from Sorrento to Vienna? Have to start booking soon as we are going in June 2014. Would really appreciate some advice. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French theater in Paris
- 2 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 3 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 4 Lyon
- 5 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 6 Self drive tour companies
- 7 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 8 Germany family road trip help!
- 9 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 10 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 11 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 12 Barcelona
- 13 France, UK and Ireland
- 14 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 15 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 16 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 17 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Italian lakes
- 20 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 21 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 22 What do after Bernia Express?
- 23 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth