My daughters and I have decided we would like to travel to the four cities mentioned above for our second European trip. First time we went to London, Paris, Germany and Florence for which we took the train and flew intercity just once from Florence back to Paris to go home. We are thinking this time of flying into Nice for 4 days, possibly driving from Nice to Florence 4.5 hours (we want to do an overnight in Florence just to do jewelry shopping) and then continuing to train to Sorrento 4 days, then possibly night train to Vienna 4 days and go home from Vienna. Have been a fan of Rick Steve's guidebooks but I am a little worried about driving from Nice to Florence. Has anyone ever done it - is it a good idea or a waste of time and money. Rick Steve's tends to favor the train. Also, does anyone know if there is a train from Nice to Florence and also a night train or any train from Sorrento to Vienna? Have to start booking soon as we are going in June 2014. Would really appreciate some advice. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We're here!
- 2 International Flight Question
- 3 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 4 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 7 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 8 6-7 Days in France
- 9 Dijon in December!
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 12 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 13 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 14 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 15 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 16 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 17 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 20 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 21 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Korean Messages
- 24 Interesting places to visit
- 25 Amalfi Coast - help!