My daughters and I have decided we would like to travel to the four cities mentioned above for our second European trip. First time we went to London, Paris, Germany and Florence for which we took the train and flew intercity just once from Florence back to Paris to go home. We are thinking this time of flying into Nice for 4 days, possibly driving from Nice to Florence 4.5 hours (we want to do an overnight in Florence just to do jewelry shopping) and then continuing to train to Sorrento 4 days, then possibly night train to Vienna 4 days and go home from Vienna. Have been a fan of Rick Steve's guidebooks but I am a little worried about driving from Nice to Florence. Has anyone ever done it - is it a good idea or a waste of time and money. Rick Steve's tends to favor the train. Also, does anyone know if there is a train from Nice to Florence and also a night train or any train from Sorrento to Vienna? Have to start booking soon as we are going in June 2014. Would really appreciate some advice. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you had to choose one......
- 2 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 3 French restaurants
- 4 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 7 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 8 Tour groups
- 9 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 10 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 11 English Countryside
- 12 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 13 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 14 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 15 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?
- 16 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 17 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 18 Driving in Italy?
- 19 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 20 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 21 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 22 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 23 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 24 Granada to Madrid
- 25 Croatia