My girlfriend and I are going on a trip to the St Tropez area, via Nice next month.
We won't be able to rent a car, so we'll have to get there without one.
I've done some looking around, and it seems like we have the option of a bus or a train to St Rafael, where we can arrange to be picked up by the friends we're staying with.
It seems like bus might be easier, because it leaves right from the airport, but I'm wondering if train might be faster.
Two things I'm worried about
1) Do you need to make a reservation ahead of time? We'll be flying in and I don't want to miss our train and be out money if there's a delay.
It seemed like there was a train where you had to make a reservation, and one where you didn't? Same question for bus.
2) We'd be getting in at early PM on a weekend, I wonder if we'll have horrendous traffic with the bus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 2 Driving through Paris
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 8 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 9 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 10 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 11 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 13 Zurich to Milan trip
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 16 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 San Sebastián
- 20 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 21 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 24 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 25 Destination ideas for 88 year old