My girlfriend and I are going on a trip to the St Tropez area, via Nice next month.
We won't be able to rent a car, so we'll have to get there without one.
I've done some looking around, and it seems like we have the option of a bus or a train to St Rafael, where we can arrange to be picked up by the friends we're staying with.
It seems like bus might be easier, because it leaves right from the airport, but I'm wondering if train might be faster.
Two things I'm worried about
1) Do you need to make a reservation ahead of time? We'll be flying in and I don't want to miss our train and be out money if there's a delay.
It seemed like there was a train where you had to make a reservation, and one where you didn't? Same question for bus.
2) We'd be getting in at early PM on a weekend, I wonder if we'll have horrendous traffic with the bus?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 6 Juangfrau / mt
- 7 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 8 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Switzerland
- 11 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 12 Questions about Polish sights
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 15 If you had to choose one......
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 Italy
- 19 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 20 Revised itinerary for italy
- 21 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 Biarritz family holiday
- 24 Lisbon hotel
- 25 Trip route from Paris to Venice