I want to travel from Nice to the cinque terra in Italy (and then onto Tuscany).
We will have a car in Nice, but dont know whether we'd be better off both time wise and $$ wise to dump that car in Nice, pick up a train to Genoa or somewhere, and then pick up another car to drive down to cinque terra, or whether we should just drive straight from Nice to the cinque terra.
How long will it take to drive from Nice, or alternatively from San Remo or Genoa (ie where we'd take the train to). How much would a train trip like this cost?
Also, if we take the train to Genoa is there anything to see there (ie should we spend the night?) or are we better off just heading straight to cinque terra?
Sorry for the confusing post!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 2 Apartment Montreux area
- 3 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 4 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 5 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 6 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 9 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 10 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 11 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 12 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 13 Rome or Venice first
- 14 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 15 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 16 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 17 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 18 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 19 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 20 Berlin
- 21 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 22 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 23 Europe First Timers
- 24 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 25 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott