I want to travel from Nice to the cinque terra in Italy (and then onto Tuscany).
We will have a car in Nice, but dont know whether we'd be better off both time wise and $$ wise to dump that car in Nice, pick up a train to Genoa or somewhere, and then pick up another car to drive down to cinque terra, or whether we should just drive straight from Nice to the cinque terra.
How long will it take to drive from Nice, or alternatively from San Remo or Genoa (ie where we'd take the train to). How much would a train trip like this cost?
Also, if we take the train to Genoa is there anything to see there (ie should we spend the night?) or are we better off just heading straight to cinque terra?
Sorry for the confusing post!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Loire Valley itinerary
- 2 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 3 Norway Trip Report 2016
- 4 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 Help Choosing Castle Hotel in England
- 6 Germany train/bus question
- 7 Which bus from Bratislava train station
- 8 5 day stay - ideas of best place to visit in December
- 9 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 10 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 11 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 12 Spain / Barcelona, Seville & Toledo - May 2017
- 13 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 14 Planning for 10 Days in Paris (+ side trip?)
- 15 La Scala Opera Tickets
- 16 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 17 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 18 Belgium for the 1st time
- 19 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 20 Europe Itinerary
- 21 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 22 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 23 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 24 Summer 2017 with Teens and Family
- 25 written guide for Olympia