I want to travel from Nice to the cinque terra in Italy (and then onto Tuscany).
We will have a car in Nice, but dont know whether we'd be better off both time wise and $$ wise to dump that car in Nice, pick up a train to Genoa or somewhere, and then pick up another car to drive down to cinque terra, or whether we should just drive straight from Nice to the cinque terra.
How long will it take to drive from Nice, or alternatively from San Remo or Genoa (ie where we'd take the train to). How much would a train trip like this cost?
Also, if we take the train to Genoa is there anything to see there (ie should we spend the night?) or are we better off just heading straight to cinque terra?
Sorry for the confusing post!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 2 21 nights in England, please help
- 3 Some travel wisdom
- 4 Upcoming first trip to the UK
- 5 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 6 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 7 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 8 Mom's First Trip to Paris (2.5 days)
- 9 Trains from Granada
- 10 Cinque Terre with Mom (4 days)
- 11 Iceland-another itinerary help request
- 12 Rome & Florence with Mom (3 days)
- 13 Do we stay in Montalcino or Chianti or Both?
- 14 Alhambra
- 15 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 16 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 17 Driving from San Sebastian to La Rioja to Bilbao
- 18 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 19 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 20 3/4/ days South of France
- 21 Ten day tour of Assisi and Umbria during Candelmaggio
- 22 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 23 Florence and Rome
- 24 Need itinerary help for self-drive or tour from Cavan to N. Ireland
- 25 Fodor's Boston GTG