I want to travel from Nice to the cinque terra in Italy (and then onto Tuscany).
We will have a car in Nice, but dont know whether we'd be better off both time wise and $$ wise to dump that car in Nice, pick up a train to Genoa or somewhere, and then pick up another car to drive down to cinque terra, or whether we should just drive straight from Nice to the cinque terra.
How long will it take to drive from Nice, or alternatively from San Remo or Genoa (ie where we'd take the train to). How much would a train trip like this cost?
Also, if we take the train to Genoa is there anything to see there (ie should we spend the night?) or are we better off just heading straight to cinque terra?
Sorry for the confusing post!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 2 Granada to Madrid
- 3 Cognac transportation?
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 5 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 6 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 7 If you had to choose one......
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 10 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 14 Barcelona cooking classes
- 15 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 16 Naples, Italy
- 17 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 18 Where to buy Saffron?
- 19 Hotel in Vienna
- 20 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 21 English Countryside
- 22 Killarney National Park--Finding a canoe
- 23 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 24 Ireland travel passport question
- 25 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon