I want to travel from Nice to the cinque terra in Italy (and then onto Tuscany).
We will have a car in Nice, but dont know whether we'd be better off both time wise and $$ wise to dump that car in Nice, pick up a train to Genoa or somewhere, and then pick up another car to drive down to cinque terra, or whether we should just drive straight from Nice to the cinque terra.
How long will it take to drive from Nice, or alternatively from San Remo or Genoa (ie where we'd take the train to). How much would a train trip like this cost?
Also, if we take the train to Genoa is there anything to see there (ie should we spend the night?) or are we better off just heading straight to cinque terra?
Sorry for the confusing post!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 2 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 3 Reaching the Lake District
- 4 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 5 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 8 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 9 My special places in Europe
- 10 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 11 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 12 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 13 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 14 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 15 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 16 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 17 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 18 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 19 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 20 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 21 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 22 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 23 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 24 Italy in a week
- 25 France: Perigord - Interesting Article