I want to travel from Nice to the cinque terra in Italy (and then onto Tuscany).
We will have a car in Nice, but dont know whether we'd be better off both time wise and $$ wise to dump that car in Nice, pick up a train to Genoa or somewhere, and then pick up another car to drive down to cinque terra, or whether we should just drive straight from Nice to the cinque terra.
How long will it take to drive from Nice, or alternatively from San Remo or Genoa (ie where we'd take the train to). How much would a train trip like this cost?
Also, if we take the train to Genoa is there anything to see there (ie should we spend the night?) or are we better off just heading straight to cinque terra?
Sorry for the confusing post!
Thanks so much.
Nice to Cinque Terra
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 We Need a Pact
- 3 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 4 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 5 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 6 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 7 seven days in Portugal
- 8 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 9 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 10 I need a haircut
- 11 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 12 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 13 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 14 Madrid and London
- 15 Monet in Normandy
- 16 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 17 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 18 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 19 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 22 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 23 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 24 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 25 german rail ticket question