I want to travel from Nice to the cinque terra in Italy (and then onto Tuscany).
We will have a car in Nice, but dont know whether we'd be better off both time wise and $$ wise to dump that car in Nice, pick up a train to Genoa or somewhere, and then pick up another car to drive down to cinque terra, or whether we should just drive straight from Nice to the cinque terra.
How long will it take to drive from Nice, or alternatively from San Remo or Genoa (ie where we'd take the train to). How much would a train trip like this cost?
Also, if we take the train to Genoa is there anything to see there (ie should we spend the night?) or are we better off just heading straight to cinque terra?
Sorry for the confusing post!
Thanks so much.
Nice to Cinque Terra
- 1 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 2 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 3 River cruises
- 4 More help with housing in Puglia
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 7 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 8 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 9 London for Christmas
- 10 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 11 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 12 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 13 7 days in Andalucia
- 14 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 15 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 16 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 17 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 20 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 21 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 22 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Ira Has Been Kidnapped