I want to travel from Nice to the cinque terra in Italy (and then onto Tuscany).
We will have a car in Nice, but dont know whether we'd be better off both time wise and $$ wise to dump that car in Nice, pick up a train to Genoa or somewhere, and then pick up another car to drive down to cinque terra, or whether we should just drive straight from Nice to the cinque terra.
How long will it take to drive from Nice, or alternatively from San Remo or Genoa (ie where we'd take the train to). How much would a train trip like this cost?
Also, if we take the train to Genoa is there anything to see there (ie should we spend the night?) or are we better off just heading straight to cinque terra?
Sorry for the confusing post!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 2 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 3 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 4 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 5 France to stop making foie grois
- 6 First time Europe trip for family of 4
- 7 Dover queues
- 8 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 9 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 10 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 11 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 12 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 13 Naples or Genoa
- 14 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 15 From London to Paris to US
- 16 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 17 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 18 Greece Experts
- 19 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 20 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 21 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 22 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 23 Ireland driving itinerary
- 24 Greece Itinerary
- 25 Germany and Austria trip report