I want to travel from Nice to the cinque terra in Italy (and then onto Tuscany).
We will have a car in Nice, but dont know whether we'd be better off both time wise and $$ wise to dump that car in Nice, pick up a train to Genoa or somewhere, and then pick up another car to drive down to cinque terra, or whether we should just drive straight from Nice to the cinque terra.
How long will it take to drive from Nice, or alternatively from San Remo or Genoa (ie where we'd take the train to). How much would a train trip like this cost?
Also, if we take the train to Genoa is there anything to see there (ie should we spend the night?) or are we better off just heading straight to cinque terra?
Sorry for the confusing post!
Thanks so much.
Nice to Cinque Terra
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 2 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 3 Arriving in Prague
- 4 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 5 4 Months in Europe
- 6 2 Days in Rome
- 7 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 8 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 9 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 10 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 11 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 12 Tipping in the UK
- 13 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 14 2 weeks in Spain
- 15 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 16 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 17 Wines charted by flavor
- 18 Museum Pass
- 19 Central Europe itinerary
- 20 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 21 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 22 France in October
- 23 Day trips out of Florence?
- 24 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 25 Venice; recommendations