I want to travel from Nice to the cinque terra in Italy (and then onto Tuscany).
We will have a car in Nice, but dont know whether we'd be better off both time wise and $$ wise to dump that car in Nice, pick up a train to Genoa or somewhere, and then pick up another car to drive down to cinque terra, or whether we should just drive straight from Nice to the cinque terra.
How long will it take to drive from Nice, or alternatively from San Remo or Genoa (ie where we'd take the train to). How much would a train trip like this cost?
Also, if we take the train to Genoa is there anything to see there (ie should we spend the night?) or are we better off just heading straight to cinque terra?
Sorry for the confusing post!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 2 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 3 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 4 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 5 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 6 Charles Degaulle question
- 7 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 8 Helsinki -> Tallin -> Riga OR Tallin -> Riga -> Vilinius ?
- 9 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 10 Iceland in July
- 11 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 12 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 13 Train rides
- 14 Pompeii luggage storage
- 15 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 16 italy itinerary request
- 17 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 18 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 19 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 20 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 21 Train Help
- 22 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 23 Paris gtg in October?
- 24 Bike packing Iceland food supply
- 25 First time in Italy