I want to travel from Nice to the cinque terra in Italy (and then onto Tuscany).
We will have a car in Nice, but dont know whether we'd be better off both time wise and $$ wise to dump that car in Nice, pick up a train to Genoa or somewhere, and then pick up another car to drive down to cinque terra, or whether we should just drive straight from Nice to the cinque terra.
How long will it take to drive from Nice, or alternatively from San Remo or Genoa (ie where we'd take the train to). How much would a train trip like this cost?
Also, if we take the train to Genoa is there anything to see there (ie should we spend the night?) or are we better off just heading straight to cinque terra?
Sorry for the confusing post!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bernese Oberland
- 2 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 3 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 4 London 6 day itinerary
- 5 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 6 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 7 Threat Level in UK
- 8 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 9 ATM
- 10 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 11 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 12 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 13 Living in Paris......for a week
- 14 ATM help
- 15 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 16 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 17 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 18 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 19 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 20 Iceland trip report!
- 21 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 22 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 23 Athens tour guide advice
- 24 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 25 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria